Conor v The Grappler - The Great Illusion

Ts is a moron is the only "fact" I gathered ITT

I think anyone counting Conor or Khabib out is delusional. Khabib could very well get face-planted, and Conor could very well get mauled for a few rounds.

I do, however, think the discrepancy in skill is greater on the feet than it is on the ground. I'm not saying Khabib isn't a grappling monster, but I do think Conor is much more of a killer in his specialty. Khabib's fights are painful to watch because he's hitting the other guy while controlling him and there's nothing the other guy can do to stop him. Conor's fights, you have rewind and watch in slow-mo just to see what happened.

I've thought about this fight a lot. I still think it's 50/50 but I'm leaning a little toward Conor because Conor's tdd is underrated due to his sense of range, timing, and his footwork.

The only certain thing about this fight is that it won't be close, one way or the other. Conor will either catch him early, or he won't. Then it's Khabib time. No way this is a competitive back and forth fight.

As always, show us dat bet slip or stfu with your basic analysis.
As always, show us dat bet slip or stfu with your basic analysis.
12310628_10207920504874307_5484648411956520057_n.jpg

This was end of 2015 when Fury decisioned Vlad and Conor sparked Jose. Took home close to 700 off a tenner.

Will only bet small again but will post the Conor by tko accumulator when its down.

Last edited:
I think it’s about time mods stickied a pro-Khabib thread and a pro-McGregor thread, and ban all other “new” threads on this fight until afterwards.

I'm watching boxing a whole lot longer than you. This fight is like the Floyd V Manny fight. They built up Manny so much that everyone thought he would beat Floyd but anyone with any cop on knew that was a mismatch. Marquez was just a spanner in the works that wasn't meant to happen.

spanner
Éire
oh, carry on sir

I'll try one more time for you but that's it ok! The illusion is that the grappler mauls him but, in reality the grappler gets the head boxed off him from pillar to post until he's unconscious. Comprende?
You seem to be unclear on the meaning of the word illusion.

Khabib has a bigass neanderthal head, I don't think he will be ko-d easily.

This is gonna be real fun as the illusion of this grappler mauling The Goat by the haters is delusional.

Nothing too technical needed here as I see it going like the Alvarez fight except even more emphatic. The grappler will be forced onto the back-foot and when he rushes in Conor will have the whole cage to slip back, circle and repeat the beating. The grapplers footwork will be his biggest downfall and there will be no takedowns. That's nada, none, 0 or however you want to put it. This is the worst possible matchup for the grappler, not the other way around. It will most likely be another TKO after 3 or 4 knock downs but could easily end in a straight KO. 5 minutes is a long time and there's no way the grappler last's that long. First round finish.

This is a total mismatch!

as much as I enjoy a first round khabib a lot but a 25 mauling will be more fun.

He better hope he gets the knockout, otherwise it's gonna be a fucked up night for him

He is a striker with a weak chin who gets decked in every fight. Can’t compare him to guy that’s never even been rocked who has taken down everyone he fought. The only grapplers he fought in the UFC his size both subbed him Diaz and Duffy. If it makes you feel better to blow a man you don’t know so be it but at least use some logic.
He fought Duffy in the UFC now did he?

22 year old Conor fought Duffy in his 6th pro fight 5 years before the UFC signed Duffy.

He fought Duffy in the UFC now did he?

22 year old Conor fought Duffy in his 6th pro fight 5 years before the UFC signed Duffy.
He still fought him didn’t he? Last time I checked that’s still a fight. How many pro fights did Duffy have at that time? Make your own narrative like all the Straight Bitch Gym lovers do. Is Duffy not in the UFC? Fucking idiot.

He is a striker with a weak chin who gets decked in every fight. Can’t compare him to guy that’s never even been rocked who has taken down everyone he fought. The only grapplers he fought in the UFC his size both subbed him Diaz and Duffy. If it makes you feel better to blow a man you don’t know so be it but at least use some logic.

I agree with you except Nate beat him up on his feet before choking a helpless, flailing, Conor out. Conor has a McGlass jaw and a tiny gas tank.

If Floyd didn’t approach that fight like a sparring session, and be 40 yrs old, Conor would’ve been lit up and smoked in the first 3 rounds. It was clear as day what happened in that fight. Conor did good, like my 10 year old nephew does good against me in a pillow fight.

Nobody should take that fight seriously. It was the world's most lucrative exhibition match masquerading as a real fight. If Floyd would have taken him out in the second round, all hell would have broken loose because of the obvious ripoff. Floyd played it perfectly: the easiest $100 million he's ever made. Conor and Floyd scammed a bunch of morons out of their money. Good for them.

Back