Conor should stick to LW instead challenging AS

Hirashin

This is not a profession
Banned
Reaction score
what i dont like that UFC are going with this risky moves that will kill their biggest cash cow. Instead of rebuilding him and his brand so they will get their money back in a longer term. they want to destroy the hype behind Conor. If conor lose this fight which is very likely, his stock will drop even lower. Nobody wants to see a trash talker that lose every fight.
Instead, they should rebuild him, give him Barboza or Gathje so that he can get his confidence back and than maybe some big fight. I think that even Poirer makes sense now. Stop destroying his career and making him a Sonnen character that is only good for talking.
Is Dana afraid that his poster boy is done so he tries to squeeze the last juice in him?

I think Anderson is the easiest possible fight for Conor right now, and the dumbest. What has AS done lately? His body probably doesn't even work anymore if he's been off PEDs for a significant amount of time. I hope it never happens but AS at say a catchweight of 175lbs would be a much easier fight than Barboza or Gathje IMO.

Think mcgregor should go back to fw or retire, he can't hang with average sized men.

Lol, he might do the opposite of building confidence against Barbosa.
Gaethje could possibly turn out badly, too. And short of owning him on the feet, it seems like a fight that could be hard to look good in.

There are fewer easy or lower-risk/high-reward fights now. If he loses his next fight, that's three high-profile losses in-a-row. He won't fight for a good while, and possibly some bullshit title shot.
I don't think he can just keep,taking L's -especially with the way he acts to promote fights.

I just assumed that the Silva talk was a joke, there's no way it ever happens.
But if it did it doesn't hurt brand Conor at all. Silva really is a bigger man and a GOAT contender (if you like that sort of thing).
So a Conor win is all good and a loss already has it's excuses made.

what i dont like that UFC are going with this risky moves that will kill their biggest cash cow. Instead of rebuilding him and his brand so they will get their money back in a longer term. they want to destroy the hype behind Conor. If conor lose this fight which is very likely, his stock will drop even lower. Nobody wants to see a trash talker that lose every fight.
Instead, they should rebuild him, give him Barboza or Gathje so that he can get his confidence back and than maybe some big fight. I think that even Poirer makes sense now. Stop destroying his career and making him a Sonnen character that is only good for talking.
Is Dana afraid that his poster boy is done so he tries to squeeze the last juice in him?
giphy.gif

Taking on AS makes sense (high risk-very high reward). AS is a huge name, that is far off his prime. Conor is a smaller Fighter. If he beats AS, he will be back on top, and can be promoted as a winner. If he loses, fans will just see him as he is now (just a marketing scam similar to RR). Honestly, I think AS could end this in devasting fashion, although I could see Conor winning a decision, by wearing AS down simply due to youth.

I've been saying this since Conor came on the scene his ability to talk is far greater than his ability to really fight. Conor is truly only good at one thing when it comes to fighting which is punching, but everybody can punch in the UFC. When Ali was alive and at his height of success he could talk sh!t but he was truly a great boxer.

Conor is more entertainer than fighter the UFC allowed his personalty to get out in front of his talent they guided him to belts which he was good enough to attain but he avoided exposure threats on red carpet ride, now you're out front where's there's no place to hide mind games & talking won't beat real fighters. I just can't see Conor fighting in the LW division in the mix he's a guy that can only fight specially selected fighters not a who's next type guy...

what i dont like that UFC are going with this risky moves that will kill their biggest cash cow.
Huh? Conor's made bigger and bigger PPV numbers at each event he's headlined. Actually that's not true. There were slightly less PPV buys fighting for the LW belt against Eddie than he did against nate in either fight. What risky moves have they made?

Instead of rebuilding him and his brand so they will get their money back in a longer term.
Huh? Get their money back? They've more than made their money back on Conor. They make more money when he fights than they do with any other fighter in UFC history.
Your premise is factually incorrect.

they want to destroy the hype behind Conor. If conor lose this fight which is very likely, his stock will drop even lower.
Again, wrong.
If he fights Silva it does nothing to hurt his stock. Silva is 3-4 weight classes above him. This fight is risk free like the Mayweather fight. It's a super fight.

Nobody wants to see a trash talker that lose every fight.
True.
However, Conor is 21-4 with 18 T/KO's though. He hardly loses every fight.

Instead, they should rebuild him, give him Barboza or Gathje so that he can get his confidence back and than maybe some big fight. I think that even Poirer makes sense now.
All of those fights are risky fights.
I think Conor is probably favored but they are fights he could lose and winning won't raise his stock at all. That said, I like all 3 match-ups from a competitive standpoint but I doubt Conor would agree to any of them because there are bigger money fights that are just as competitive. Pettis or Nate make much more sense at LW from a financial standpoint and are just as competitive.

Stop destroying his career and making him a Sonnen character that is only good for talking.
Destroying his career? His last fight was the biggest PPV in MMA history. It was the 3rd largest PPV in history, period. His boxing fight against Mayweather was the second biggest PPV in history. How is his career being destroyed?

Furthermore, Conor is the one choosing his opponents, not the UFC.
The UFC cannot tell Conor who to fight at this point. They can only make suggestions and agree/disagree to offer the contract but Conor is the one calling the shots.

I'm sorry dude but your entire post is just plain wrong/invalid. Flawed premises and conclusions up and down.

All that said, I'd love to see him fight Gaethje, Barboza or Poirier.

Last edited:
Lol, Anderson would mail Colin in the clinch, he was crying about Nate’s size.

Colin doesn’t look good against fighters he doesn’t dwarf.

What makes you think the UFC is making him do anything fool?? he knows he is done and want to milk the cow while still have some milk left. He wants no part of those guys at the LW division...Barboza would fuck him up by the way.

Last edited:
I think Anderson is the easiest possible fight for Conor right now, and the dumbest. What has AS done lately? His body probably doesn't even work anymore if he's been off PEDs for a significant amount of time. I hope it never happens but AS at say a catchweight of 175lbs would be a much easier fight than Barboza or Gathje IMO.
Are you an idiot? Actually, why am I even asking. It is clear you are.
Did you see what Anderson Silva did to Rich Franklin? Rich Franklin was BLOWN AWAY by how strong Silva was. You think he's gotten weaker? He'd get a hold of Conor and it would be over. Conor's biggest advantages, his reach and his striking, would become his biggest disadvantages, as Anderson has better striking and a long reach. Anderson would get him in a Thai plum and it would be lights out.

Well, IMO you got it wrong on several levels.
1) Fighting SIlva would not destroy anything. Everyone knows SIlva is just way too big for it to be even a challenge.
2) You also fail to consider the fact that SIlva is light years behind his best days, and very hittable. Yes, I don't think COnor can KO Silva, but he can definitely pull an amazing upset over Silva. Imagine that.
3) Who's so say Conor CAN beat Barboza or Gathje? He fucking lost to Nate, who remains the ONLY viable fight at his WC.

Overall, you fail to understand that SIlva is the biggest name on an unwinnable fight that would take nothing away from COnor, and pay very well.

Actually this work well for Conor and the UFC. If he losses they can spin it, he lost to a MW five time his size, Conor is a special fighter he would fight anyone he doesn’t care about weight classes etc. casuals would eat that up like they ate that Nate Diaz was 20lb Havier than Conor narrative, if he looses again against a LW that would be the end of Conor appeal with the casuals, and I think Conor is not winning another 5 round fight in the UFC.

Back