Conor says he will outweigh Floyd by 20+ pounds

• Thread starter Deleted member 196663
  • Start date
Lol. Canelo is a lumbering clod compared to McGregor. Floyd has had the privilege of being above average, but not great, at a time when boxing was at it's absolute worst. When he could make a career clowning below average 'champs' like Canelo.
what on earth?

But apparently most of Floyd's opponents never have the right strategy, despite claiming to have the blueprint to beat him. You know what? Like Mike Tyson says, everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the mount. Everyone seems to have the key to beat Floyd. Fighters, analysts, fans. Everyone seems to know what a fighter needs to do. And yet, nobody does it. You know why? Floyd doesn't allow it. He is just too damn good. He shuts people down in ways you don't even understand, because you're simply watching the fight. You're not the one hitting air and getting punched in the mouth. You're not the one crumbling from frustration.
I know how to beat Floyd. You gotta pay some ninjas to slip him some really strong laxatives right before the fight starts. Really strong.

It also might be a good idea to have somebody shine a laser in his eye. When you see his face light up, punch.

I'm a betting man, and I wouldn't touch this one.

fair, i've really never bet on sports in general, maybe a $50 bet with a friend on a world series or nba finals. Just think if I was going to fire money, it'd be on the much more likely outcome which is Floyd winning. Conor's only real shot is to land the KO punch.

Floyd doesn't really cut weight, Connie will look like he survived a concentration camp at the weigh in, so if he rehydrated up 20 lbs who cares? Cutting weight and putting it back on is harder than just being the weight.

0-1

50-0

Shertards

So you have experienced, high level boxers using the "right strategy", and they still can't get the job done. What makes you think that a guy with no real professional boxing experience that only now started to train like a pro will do any better than every other elite boxer that has tried?

Do you also think that a surfer could just go against an olympic swimmer and win? Maybe GSP would beat the greatest wrestler ever in a pure wrestling match. Maybe Ronda Rousey would direct a film better than Christopher Nolan. Maybe Ronaldo would beat the best basketball player in the world in a 1 vs 1 basketball match.

I don't, I am only looking at what he's gotta do to win and what methods/strategies will make him more effective. All I am doing is talking about what Conor can do to make the fight go best in his favor. Him using his size effectively in this fight is something that would certainly work to his advantage. Whether he's going to be successful, or rather do I think he will be successful is another topic. I dont think at any point I have came even close to saying Conor will win or his strategy will work. I'd be happy to elaborate more on that if thats what you want??

The second part of your post is really just a bunch of bull shit lol....no offense. A surfer and swimmer are two completely different things. Ronday directing?? wtf does that have to do with anything. Ronaldo in a basketball game?? We're talking about a mma fighter, who's trained boxing for 15 years of his life and is the most crucial part of his mma game. Conor doesnt even come close to having the extensive background in boxing that Floyd does, but lets not go overboard here and start comparing a soccer player vs a basketball player. The only good example you used was GSP vs a great wrestler and that one is up for debate.

Like the Braveheart movie.

Young Soldier: William Wallace is seven feet tall!

William Wallace: Yes, I've heard. Kills men by the hundreds. And if HE were here, he'd consume the English with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse.

I don't, I am only looking at what he's gotta do to win and what methods/strategies will make him more effective. All I am doing is talking about what Conor can do to make the fight go best in his favor. Him using his size effectively in this fight is something that would certainly work to his advantage. Whether he's going to be successful, or rather do I think he will be successful is another topic. I dont think at any point I have came even close to saying Conor will win or his strategy will work. I'd be happy to elaborate more on that if thats what you want??

The second part of your post is really just a bunch of bull shit lol....no offense. A surfer and swimmer are two completely different things. Ronday directing?? wtf does that have to do with anything. Ronaldo in a basketball game?? We're talking about a mma fighter, who's trained boxing for 15 years of his life and is the most crucial part of his mma game. Conor doesnt even come close to having the extensive background in boxing that Floyd does, but lets not go overboard here and start comparing a soccer player vs a basketball player. The only good example you used was GSP vs a great wrestler and that one is up for debate.

Conor has size, but I don't think he's nearly skilled enough to use that well enough to win a fight based on that. If he wins, its because he landed a KO shot. Thats his only method to victory.

He is not going to outbox Floyd over 12 rounds.

Conor has size, but I don't think he's nearly skilled enough to use that well enough to win a fight based on that. If he wins, its because he landed a KO shot. Thats his only method to victory.

He is not going to outbox Floyd over 12 rounds.

Of course, that's what we all know is Conors best path to win.....just catch Floyd and KO him. And we all know easier said that done, I personally dont expect this to happen. I think that this will be a ugly fight, I think Conor will use a lot of clinching, grinding and try to lean on Floyd and use his size that way to wear the smaller man down, I think will try and overwhelm Floyd with power shots and volume. I think that he will use that strategy to give him openings for a TKO. I mean he will try and land the big shot as well.

Will he do it??? I personally think he will have some success in the first six rounds but after that Floyd will be too good and if Conor starts to get tired he will land convincing shots....either a 9/10 th TKO or a dec. (for Floyd) A lot of this will depend on how good Conors cardio is, if he can go 12 hard then he's got a much better chance, if his cardio is not strong to go 12 hard then he better hop that KO shot lands otherwise will be a long night.

Last edited:
Of course, that's what we all know is Conors best path to win.....just catch Floyd and KO him. And we all know easier said that done, I personally dont expect this to happen. I think that this will be a ugly fight, I think Conor will use a lot of clinching, grinding and try to lean on Floyd and use his size that way to wear the smaller man down, I think will try and overwhelm Floyd with power shots and volume. I think that he will use that strategy to give him openings for a TKO. I mean he will try and land the big shot as well.

Will he do it??? I personally think he will have some success in the first six rounds but after that Floyd will be too good and if Conor starts to get tired he will land convincing shots....either a 9/10 th TKO or a dec. (for Floyd) A lot of this will depend on how good Conors cardio is, if he can go 12 hard then he's got a much better chance, if his cardio is not strong to go 12 hard then he better hop that KO shot lands otherwise will be a long night.

Floyd will finish him in the 7th or 8th.

Lol. Canelo is a lumbering clod compared to McGregor. Floyd has had the privilege of being above average, but not great, at a time when boxing was at it's absolute worst. When he could make a career clowning below average 'champs' like Canelo.
LOL

He can outweigh Floyd by 100lbs if he wants, still isn't gonna make him taller or have a longer reach then he already has, just more target to hit :D

$

I think this, if you try to use a traditional boxing method to beat Floyd you are going to lose every single time. I also think Boxing is the least realistic example of unarmed combat with both MMA and MT being closer to the real thing. Conor did say one thing right though, if this was a real fight Floyd would be dead in under 60 seconds.
We will never know what will happen in this hypothetical 'real fight ', but we sure as hell will know who wins in a boxing match.!! Hope that helps.

I think this, if you try to use a traditional boxing method to beat Floyd you are going to lose every single time. I also think Boxing is the least realistic example of unarmed combat with both MMA and MT being closer to the real thing. Conor did say one thing right though, if this was a real fight Floyd would be dead in under 60 seconds.

Forget about a "real" fight, let's just talk about MMA lol :D

15fn9t4.gif

This will come in handy during lay and pray

Conor will be around 160 to 165 pounds on the night. Floyd will be 150 to 155 pounds.

You guys keep comparing what other boxers did as evidence why Conor can't do it and that's what I keep telling you, Conor isn't a boxer, he's a fighter. You don't box Floyd, if anything you throw a punch then elbow him as you come through and then tell the ref it was an accident and then in the next round you punch him in the dick a couple times. Soften him up some, reduce his skill level.

Buddy, Mcgregor is not fighting some scrub. The minute he starts to fight dirty and try to rough Floyd up; Floyd is going to return the favor. Everything you're talking about is old news, Floyd put up with it with Hatton and Maidana. Floyd does not get shaken by different styles. He fights multiple styles himself. Watch the Hatton fight.

Canelo would knock Conor's head clean off. The only reason Canor is even boxing right now is cause he's fighting somebody 20 lbs smaller. And he's still gonna get stopped.

Conor loves to fight smaller people. He has spent most of his career doing it.

Back