Conor, your eratic behaviour suggests a psycholoigical disadvantage due to doubt and prior defeats

Yeah but none of this means jack shit. I saw Tyson get KTFO, doesn't mean I'll last more than 30 seconds against him. Khabib can't replicate anything Nate or Floyd were able to do, so this whole point is dumb.

It takes a lot of psychological burden of being undefeated off of him because he feels someone else is responsible for it. How many great athletes do you see praising God after a victory? Many.
If you think Khabib doesn't know he can lose, you're naive. Also, you see far fewer athletes thanking God anymore; especially when they lose.

But I like the idea that Khabib thinks God wants Conor to lose.

It's the kind of delusion that shatters athletes when they do lose.

Yeah but none of this means jack shit. I saw Tyson get KTFO, doesn't mean I'll last more than 30 seconds against him. Khabib can't replicate anything Nate or Floyd were able to do, so this whole point is dumb.
Tyson is actually the pinup boy for how crumbling psychologically could destroy a career.

Wait so Khabib is putting his faith in a higher power to grant him the victory and this is supposed to prove that hes mentally stronger? <{Heymansnicker}>

Conor doesnt need to grovel on his knees before a higher power to give him strength as his self-confidence comes from within.

It can prove he is mentally stronger though totally outside of any consideration of a higher power being real or not. Conor used to have the same faith but his was in "the secret". The point is not that there is a God but just that IF you believe that God is making you win you can have a shit ton of confidence.

If you think Khabib doesn't know he can lose, you're naive. You see far fewer athletes thanking God anymore.

Khabib likely feels even more pressure from his record, and the idea that he is caring the Muslim torch.

If religion gave them so much strength then religious fighters wouldn't lose so often.

You can believe all you want, but when that cage door shuts, and those butterflies starting flapping, reality sets in.
Khabib has never lost a round on the scorecards. He believes it's his destiny to win and his only path to losing is diverging from his training, work ethic, humbleness and God.

It's a very strong psychological mindset whether or not you follow his beliefs.

he couldnt say he'd win with great conviction. so we know there are doubts in his mind.
The fact that Conor signed a long-term deal right before this fight makes it objective fact he has serious doubt.

Tyson is actually the pinup boy for how crumbling psychologically could destroy a career.
No, Tyson was so convinced of his invincibility by that point that he got lazy, and caught off guard.

I mean, not to pretend that you mean any of this.

No, Tyson was so convinced of his invincibility by that point that he got lazy, and caught off guard.

I mean, not to pretend that you mean any of this.
Tyson lost his mentor, Cus, and his relationship with his trainer was deteriorating when he lost. His life was in a state of disarray with a lot of bad influences and he did not have the guidance he needed to stay on top.

The fact that Conor signed a long-term deal right before this fight makes it objective fact he has serious doubt.

Might also be the UFC wants to lock him down. Conor signs a new deal every second fight.

Khabib has never lost a round on the scorecards. He believes it's his destiny to win and his only path to losing is diverging from his training, work ethic, humbleness and God.

It's a very strong psychological mindset whether or not you follow his beliefs.
Yeah, mocking homeless people is God's will, and a sign of maturity, and humility. Oh,and let's not forget the scumbags he hangs around. Actions speak louder than words. They're just words.

Lots of fighters think it's their destiny to win, but fighters don't always win because they believe in destiny. It can only fuel you so much.

Every fighter has doubts. It helps them prepare. Losing is always an option.

Might also be the UFC wants to lock him down. Conor signs a new deal every second fight.
We will never know. Agreed, his contract can be renegotiated any time, but it's still a smart hedge move for a man burning money. No way he fights 7 more times in UFC anyway.

or....he is in training camp, eating and living clean...and it only took a small amount of whiskey to get him sweating and stuttering.

Yeah, mocking homeless people is God's will, and a sign of maturity, and humility. Oh,and let's not forget the scumbags he hangs around. Actions speak louder than words. They're just words.

Lots of fighters think it's their destiny to win, but fighters don't always win because they believe in destiny. It can only fuel you so much.

Every fighter has doubts. It helps them prepare. Losing is always an option.
Nobody said Khabib was perfect, but his record is, and it will stay that way if he maintains such a strong psychological outlook.

You can't judge someone for they way they treat women, bums ect. when they were born in a completely different world than you and raised with different values. If you were a muslim from Dagestan, your beliefs would probably a hell of a lot different.

The reason we saw Conor sweating in that press conference trying so hard to get in Khabib's head, fumbling his words, seething with hatred, is because something exists in the back of his mind behind all the bravado where he knows he has been proven wrong multiple times in his career about the outcome of his fights and he was frustrated he couldn't knock Khabib down a peg because he is stronger than Conor psychologically. Conor also knows that if he loses it will likely be disastrously which adds even more pressure.
<GSPWoah>

Khabib is not only undefeated, but believes he's being guided by a higher power and it's his destiny to win which actually takes a lot of the pressure off him because he believes someone else is responsible for his destiny if he puts the hard work in. Whether or not you are religious person, that puts him at a huge psychological advantage.
<seedat>

I’m certainly no Conor fan, but doesn’t all of this get boring?

He still thought he was going to win. He was undefeated, and no one came close to hurting him. Tyson would have fallen on hard times regardless of whether or not Cus was around.

Also, Tyson recovered rather well from that loss until he met Evander Holyfield, and that's when he started to go off the rails. H won seven straight, even with his prison sentenced mixed in.

By the time Lewis, and Holyfield had cemented themselves, the Tyson gameplan had been figured out.
I mean, I disagree completely. Tyson didn't nearly live up to his abilities as a fighter and he lost his way. He was already a shell of the fighter he was when he got out of prison and lost to Holyfield. He still had enough to run through average fighters at that point, but he was clearly not the same.

I can absolutely judge someone from another culture. Human rights are not relative.

He can fail to be perfect when he fights Conor as well. That's the point. Plenty of fighters have faith, and delusions of grandeur that never turn out how they imagined. He's not unique in that sense.
I'm sure he would be able to judge you if he wanted to as well, and it probably wouldn't be favorable for you.

Worthy of my avatar.

GOATS recognize GOATS<{anton}>

giphy.gif

"Predict that Khabib wins this one or me and Kadyrov will fucking erase you and your poutine piece of shit family".

Conors boxing record was 0-0 when he fought Floyd, who was 49-0...Conor got 100 million, so he didnt lose...
A gassed Conor also lost to Nate at 170 lbs...
So where is his actual history of losses?

Back