Conor not fighting at 205 due to injury

El General

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/...injured-conor-mcgregor-unlikely-fight-ufc-205

I see some people on here holding out hope that conor might fight at 205 but it is seeming more and more unlikely. As an eddie fan I wanted to see him fight conor but it looks like it will be khabib, which is obviously a much tougher and less appealing fight. Hopefully it happens because, at this point, I just want to know who is fighting and when they are fighting.

Edit: sources close to conor say he is fine and Dana is contradicting that. Considering both parties bs a lot.....hard to figure out the truth lol.

Last edited:
There is no way he is getting stripped, however, if it isn't conor it will be khabib, who is more deserving than conor.

If Eddie refuses to fight Khabib, the fighter Dana is telling Eddie to fight; obviously Eddie will be stripped of the belt. I want UFC to become a legit company again where the best defend against the number one contenders, not this stupid BS that's been happening lately.

I called it yesterday, seemed kinda obvious to me. 4 weeks ago he was walking on crutches...

If Eddie refuses to fight Khabib, the fighter Dana is telling Eddie to fight; obviously Eddie will be stripped of the belt. I want UFC to become a legit company again where the best defend against the number one contenders, not this stupid BS that's been happening lately.
It would be unprecedented and it has never happened under those circumstances , also, khabib always says everyone is ducking him without any proof so let's see how this all plays out. Eddie has fought 4 top 5 fighters in a row, he ain't scared of khabib. He just wants a much much much bigger payday. If he can't get it, they will fight, i guarantee it.

I always said UFC 205 was pushing it for Conor, time-wise.

No matter the extent of his shin injury, he was obviously banged up and you could tell from his limp he wasn't gonna train on that for at least a few weeks.

After the Nate loss their whole approach was to start doing things by the book, preparing properly and bringing in specific sparring partners. He was no longer going to take short-notice opponents as a favor to the UFC because clearly that favor was not repayed (when they pulled him off 200).

Then you look at the size and organisation of his camp - last time he brought like 12 guys to Vegas - sparring partners, coach, doctor, masseuse etc. That's not something you can do at the drop of a hat, you gotta check with every guy, does he have a fight lined up, prior commitments etc.

There's 6 weeks of training and then we're into fight week. If the fight is not signed already then it's not happening.

It would be unprecedented and it has never happened under those circumstances , also, khabib always says everyone is ducking him without any proof so let's see how this all plays out. Eddie has fought 4 top 5 fighters in a row, he ain't scared of khabib. He just wants a much much much bigger payday. If he can't get it, they will fight, i guarantee it.

Well yeah, Eddie is going to be fighting Khabib. But if for example Conor was completely out of the question now for Eddie, and eddie told Dana straight up "I'm not fighting Khabib no matter what, I just won't fight period and keep the belt" then of course Dana will strip eddie. Eddie has no leverage with the UFC, he's really just a nobody who has the belt right now; most people have no idea who he is. I'm looking forward to Khabib taking the belt though.

Well yeah, Eddie is going to be fighting Khabib. But if for example Conor was completely out of the question now for Eddie, and eddie told Dana straight up "I'm not fighting Khabib no matter what, I just won't fight period and keep the belt" then of course Dana will strip eddie. Eddie has no leverage with the UFC, he's really just a nobody who has the belt right now; most people have no idea who he is. I'm looking forward to Khabib taking the belt though.
OK, I'll remember to quote you when the fight is made to confirm to you that your made up example will never happen, it's never happened in ufc history. Speaking of nobodies though, how about that khabib nomagomondavov?

OK, I'll remember to quote you when the fight is made to confirm to you that your made up example will never happen, it's never happened in ufc history. Speaking of nobodies though, how about that khabib nomagomondavov?

What do you mean never happened? maybe not "stripped" but he will be forced to vacate the title if he refuses to fight. What do you think, that fighters can do whatever they want? Obviously not. If a champion refuses to fight what the UFC tells them who they are going to fight, then there are consequences. But so far, I believe everyone agrees because nobody obviously wants to be forced to vacate their title.

also, Khabib would be a nobody too compared to Conor in regards to popularity, but Khabib is much more known than Eddie is.

It's in the ufcs best interest to make the connor Eddie. if Khabib gets the fight first there's a good possibility he walks out of the cage the lightweight champ and I can't see anyway Connor gets past the Russian wolverine without being dry humped 4 25 minutes

What do you mean never happened? maybe not "stripped" but he will be forced to vacate the title if he refuses to fight. What do you think, that fighters can do whatever they want? Obviously not.
No one has ever been stripped for that reason. It's only been due to injuries, legal issues(jones) or contract disputes (couture, and even then he never got stripped officially). You're talking out of your ass of some made up situation that hasn't happened and won't happen.

It's in the ufcs best interest to make the connor Eddie. if Khabib gets the fight first there's a good possibility he walks out of the cage the lightweight champ and I can't see anyway Connor gets past the Russian wolverine without being dry humped 4 25 minutes

UFC doesn't want Conor holding two titles. He would have even more leverage than he does now. Conor is becoming a problem for the UFC now.

Sure he is, Dana. Just like Jacare was when he was denied a title shot.

Nope...

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/9/2...-mcgregor-healthy-willing-to-fight-at-msg-for

The UFC has yet finalize the main event for its historic debut show at MSG. Their biggest draw of all-time, McGregor, is ready to fight, but as of now, he is being left off the card for undisclosed reasons.

One thing is for certain, though, McGregor is healthy.
Its he said she said at this point. 2 scenarios for me. 1)Conor would never admit to not taking a fight due to injury, for obvious reasons.
Or
2) Dana doesn't want a just getting healthy conor getting back in the cage too soon with eddie and risking a 2nd loss in a year.

No one has ever been stripped for that reason. It's only been due to injuries, legal issues(jones) or contract disputes (couture, and even then he never got stripped officially). You're talking out of your ass of some made up situation that hasn't happened and won't happen.

If you seriously think a champion like Eddie chooses to fight who he wants, and when he wants, and refuses the fights the UFC offers him; without the UFC eventually just stripping him of his title then you are seriously misguided and have no idea what you're talking about. If you really think that ufc fighters can fight who they want and don't need to listen to the UFC; you're obviously completely brainless. If you claim that's never happened, then yes; it WILL happen if that's the way eddie acts towards the UFC; but he probably will end up accepting. I'm just going to end it there.

Back