Conor never asked for easy fights or money fights like these other posers

It’s hilarious seeing how upset some people are with Conor. The dude rolled in, made a load of p and can now kick back, enjoy life and effectively pick and choose his fights.

Keep crying cos a fighter has managed to get themselves in to a position where they can’t\won’t be pressured by promoters and whiny just bleeders
To date, he's always made the fights that people most wanted to see. Whether people acknowledge that or not. Even Floyd, that was the fight most people wanted to see.

Nobody wants to see Diaz Conor 3, at least not yet. They want Khabib, that's the biggest fight that can be made at the moment.

Him getting his respect back from the MMA community Is a pretty big factor In ensuring he'll make the most money possible for the rest of his career, no better way to do that than fighting Khabib.

I'd put my money on that happening personally.

Warning mcnuthugger detected

Heres the problem with your logic

If hes this stud althete thats taking on only the best and wants the hardest fights then..

A) why didnt he rematch an 10 year undefeated champion in aldo but rematched diaz at weight he doesnt compete at normally?.. very suspect

B) why not defend your belts agaisnt the challengers in your division they are ranked 1 thru 15 , as the toughest yet he didnt defend any belt ever...

C) why would anyone , whos a current champion in there sport entertain the idea of fighting a former champion in another sport whos 15 plus years older and was retired for 2 years when challenged?..

Ill tell you why, because Mcgregor is a really a coward and whore in fighters clothing..he made sure nothing was really at risk and chased only money not true competition..he shit on the sport that made him and is a disgrace to MMA.. when he fought nate he did so at 170lbs , so in the event he lost he could always just blame the weight.. which he did both fights..when he beat aldo go watch the replay of the finish and mcgregors reaction in the post in cage interview he litterally knows he almost got koed himself..and admits the guy is fast you can see him breathing a sigh of relief why? Becuase he knows he got lucky and thats when he decided he wont ever step into the cage with aldo again..then he gets a title shot agaisnt alvarez coming off a lose and no wins in the ufcs 155 division still waiting for an explaination on that one..dont try and make this guy something hes not..he came , he conned, and left..

Your ramblings and delusions are quite funny. Silly hater. Sorry aldo got ko'd in 13. You prob were heated as fuck lmao.......an Irish manlet would whoop your heros ass

These guys like Woodly need to open their eyes and see what made Conor a megastar. Instead of whining and calling out unranked opponents.
it blows my mind Woodley hasn't figured out whining isn't doing him any favors. Just expects everyone to give him conor money without even needing to fight at this point. Cant stand Woodley.
Not a conor fan either tho, but at least respect what hes done and ill pay the money to watch him fight. most times I don't even stream a Woodley fight, could care less

When RDA fell out he then picked his opponent who hadn’t been training. Nate beats him then they have a close rematch and somehow he was still warranted a LW TS?
He should have gone to defend his FW belt after the Nate rematch then whooped Eddie and you’d never have these haters arguing.

Who cares about what should have happened. In reality - he went and beat the breaks off the LW champ. If that holds less credit than defending the title in the div below..... Then.. I don't know.....

Who cares about what should have happened. In reality - he went and beat the breaks off the LW champ. If that holds less credit than defending the title in the div below..... Then.. I don't know.....
It does given the context but if you want to eat it up as it’s presented like a casual then go for it.

Your ramblings and delusions are quite funny. Silly hater. Sorry aldo got ko'd in 13. You prob were heated as fuck lmao.......an Irish manlet would whoop your heros ass

Lol aldo isnt my favorite fighter..i just believe the in whats fair..and not bullshit people try and sell casuals

Cutting weight is half the battle of a weight cut. The other half is rehydrating to a point where you have enough energy back to be efficient and to make the cut worthwhile. He coudln't do that
without an IV, so 'moved up'. Oh, and dodging the IV test for the Aldo fight was merely a case of changing the material the IV is made of. It wasn't hard back then. Bringing in 'a new team' helps.

5 foot 9 is average for FW? Maybe the newest crop are starting to get taller, but the Mendes, Edgar, Aldo, Swanson generation were all 5'7" and under when Conor was fighting in that division.
Ironic then that you talk about revisionist history. WIth regards to Alvarez, most 'educated' fans knew Alvarez wasn't the hype train he was being built up tp be. Deconstructing Alvarez' skill set
showed that he was a good all rounder, with no exceptional skills, unlike most long term champs. Alvarez was only blown into something he wasn't by Conor haters and nuthuggers, basically the uneducated at the outside of the spectrum.

TS comparison on Tyrone and Conor becomes irrelevant when his title is "Conor never asked for easy fights'. That's what I deconstructed.
It's half the battle is it? How did you calculate that? Do most fighters agree with your number?

He didn't move up because of the IV. I don't think that was an important factor at all. The tough weight cut was a factor, but he had a tough weight cut even before the IV ban. And there are other factors, like wanting multiple titles, and big name opponents.

Anyway, your original point was that he cut a lot of weight to fight smaller opponents, and that is true. Your specifics are just off. Regarding the IV being important, and regarding height. Conor is heavy for a FW, and has a very big reach for a FW, but he isn't particularly tall for a FW. I've said it before; he has the height of a FW, the weight of a LW, and the reach of a WW. And the stats back up those words.

5ft9 was the average as of early 2016. Even if it was shorter than that in 2014-2015, it could only have been by an inch or so. Regardless, Conor isn't and has never been particularly tall for a FW. Chad and Frankie and Bermudez and Volkanovski are among the shortest. Cub and Jose are on the short side. It just happens to be true that there's been some really good shorter fighters in the division.

Conor happened to fight a lot of shorter guys. You and some haters might argue that that was by design, but I don't think so; go back and look at each opponent on a case by case basis. You could argue Brimage was handpicked to give Conor a good debut; a good stylistic matchup because he's short and aggressive. But Conor coulda fought anyone at that point as he was unproven; no one expected him to fight a top guy. His very next fight was against Holloway who's taller than him. He fought Brandao next, but that was short notice, and he was expected to fight lanky Cole Miller. Next he fought Poirier, who's about the same height. Then he fought Siver, who I admit was handpicked. Then he fought Mendes, but the alternative was Frankie; had Conor fought anyone else people woulda claimed he was ducking; so a short opponent was inevitable here. Then it was Aldo, who, again, was the natural opponent. TLDR: The only time you could argue Conor was intentionally given a short guy was his debut fight vs Brimage and his showcase fight against Siver.

You named some shorter fighters, but there and have been some tall fighters too. The aforementioned Holloway and Cole Miller. Plus Rick Glenn, Lucas Mineiro, Kevin Souza, Yair Rodriguez, Chas Skelly, Myles Jury, Renato Moicano, Jason Knight, Andre FIli, Jeremy Kennedy, Brian Ortega, Darren Elkins, Bruce Leeroy, and many more. Don't just point to the short fighters to back up your claim that Conor was tall to the division; look at the whole picture; and I promise you, 5ft9 is and has been the average height for the division).

If "Conor never asked for easy fights" is what you think you deconstructed, then tell me, at what point did you name a time where Conor asked for an easy fight? At no point during our exchange did I notice you do that. To save you time, I'll run through Conor's UFC opponent history:

Conor never asked for Brimage
Conor never asked for Holloway
Conor never asked for Cole Miller or Diego Brandao
Conor did want to fight Poirier. He also wanted to fight Cub. Both ranked higher than him. He didn't single out Poirier though. Ultimately, the UFC chose Poirier. Conor was underdog for this fight. This is by no means an easy fight.

Conor never asked for Siver. It's an easy fight, but it was the UFC who pushed for this fight.

Conor never asked for Mendes. And it's obviously not an easy fight.

Conor of course wanted Aldo. But it was the natural fight to make.

RDA is the first time you can claim Conor actually asked for a fight. But it was about the title shot, not RDA as an opponent. Most actually believed RDA to be a horrible matchup for Conor, with his pressure, wrestling, sub game, and leg kicks. Plus people are/were obsessed with weight classes, and thought that was a big deal in Rafael's favor. So, you can hardly claim this was Conor picking an easy fight.

Conor didn't ask for Diaz. The UFC were negotiating with multiple fighters and went with Diaz. Diaz was the popular choice fans wanted in the polls. Cowboy Cerrone was second choice, who IMO woulda been an easier fight.

For the Diaz rematch, Conor did more than simply pick his opponent, in that he was fully set on getting this fight. Problem with your argument though, is this obviously wasn't an easy fight. Diaz had just finished him. Most fighters and fans were picking Diaz to win again.

Conor picked Alvarez for an opponent, in the same way he picked RDA, in that it was about the title, not about Alvarez the opponent. Many believed Conor had a better chance at beating Eddie than he did of beating RDA. Some disagreed, citing Alvarez's wrestling and boxing as a problem. However, this was by no means regarded as an easy fight by most. Yes, Conor regarded it as an easy fight, but then he regards everyone as an easy fight, including Aldo, Mendes, RDA, even Mayweather. So again, you're wrong if this is the fight you have in mind.

Conor was a huge underdog vs Mayweather.

that was a response to you, theres no need to cry
dghdgngdndgndf

So is that^^. Respond to what I said, ya genius. If you were planning on running from me, why did you even quote me in the first place?

As a “fan of fighting” you seem pretty content with him not fighting and how exciting he is outside the cage. Shouldn’t a fight fan want to see him fight?

Yeah he’s exciting as a fighter, when he’s actually fighting.

Were you to stay on-topic, what would you have posted? Is Conor better than Tyron in the way TS said?

I'm not content with him not fighting. I'm sure it bothers me more than it does you. But that doesn't make he dislike Conor, like it apparently does you. Let the hate out of your bum soul and just enjoy the sport.

Conor was the A-side in the Mayweather fight lmao!? There’s a reason that Floyd by all estimations made at least twice as much as McGregor. Nuthuggers are fucking amazing with the shit they can convince themselvhes with.

Do you live in a fucking bubble or is MMA the only sport you follow? Most sports media outlets didn’t even have a clue who McGregor was. This is fact.
Floyd made more for a few reasons, none of them being drawing power:

1. He's richer so requires more to fight
2. The way the contracts are structured; he's the promoter
3. Conor has to split his money with the UFC.

What you say is false. Conor McGregor is much more well known and relevant within the key demographic. Floyd is old, and old people know him. Regardless, this isn't just about people knowing who each fighter is; it's about their willingness to buy their fights (hence "drawing power"). Conor will break a million no matter who he fights, while Floyd coudln't break half a million vs Berto.

I predict a straw man.

What Tyrone and some of these other guys dont get is that Conor did exactly the opposite of what they are doing.

Aldo was a killer. He wasnt an easy fight or a money fight. Nobody bought aldo ppv's.
- Aldo was FW champ. Everyone at FW would have fought him if they had the chance.

Mendes wasnt a draw and conor fought him on 2 weeks notice.
- This was for the interim belt. Everyone at FW would have fought him if they had the chance. Conor had a full camp while Mendes was out of shape and on a hunting trip. Edgar was available and in shape but Conor chosed the easiest fight possible.

RDA was a killer at the time at 155 and nobody bought his ppv's.
- This was for the LW belt. Conor gor a free shot at the title without having a single fight at LW AND he was going to keep his FW belt. Everone whould have loved to get that opportunity.

Nate Diaz never sold ppvs and COnor fought him on 2 weeks notice.
- Both Khabib and Cowboy Cerrone (who just had had a full camp) wanted to fight Conor but he chosed what he thought would be the easiest fight. Nate was partying in Cabo and had no time to train before the fight. Conor had a full camp.

Conor always went after the toughest guys and slept them.
- Conor always goes after fights where he has a lot to win but nothing to lose. That's why he has never put his own belts on the line after 2+ years.

Conor fought Nate specifically because he thought that he would be an easy fight; not a strong wrestler, slower, and, considering the promotional commitments, having basically 7 days to get ready.

In fact, he wanted Aldo or Frankie first - both 145ers, Aldo coming off a hard KO loss and clearly not ready to go.

The idea that Conor wants the toughest fights is utter bullshit. He wants title shots ....just like any other fighter on the roster. Asking for Mendes or Nate on 2 weeks notice is not an example of balls, it's an example of cherry-picking opponents who are at their weakest.

It's half the battle is it? How did you calculate that? Do most fighters agree with your number?

He didn't move up because of the IV. I don't think that was an important factor at all. The tough weight cut was a factor, but he had a tough weight cut even before the IV ban. And there are other factors, like wanting multiple titles, and big name opponents.

Anyway, your original point was that he cut a lot of weight to fight smaller opponents, and that is true. Your specifics are just off. Regarding the IV being important, and regarding height. Conor is heavy for a FW, and has a very big reach for a FW, but he isn't particularly tall for a FW. I've said it before; he has the height of a FW, the weight of a LW, and the reach of a WW. And the stats back up those words.

5ft9 was the average as of early 2016. Even if it was shorter than that in 2014-2015, it could only have been by an inch or so. Regardless, Conor isn't and has never been particularly tall for a FW. Chad and Frankie and Bermudez and Volkanovski are among the shortest. Cub and Jose are on the short side. It just happens to be true that there's been some really good shorter fighters in the division.

Conor happened to fight a lot of shorter guys. You and some haters might argue that that was by design, but I don't think so; go back and look at each opponent on a case by case basis. You could argue Brimage was handpicked to give Conor a good debut; a good stylistic matchup because he's short and aggressive. But Conor coulda fought anyone at that point as he was unproven; no one expected him to fight a top guy. His very next fight was against Holloway who's taller than him. He fought Brandao next, but that was short notice, and he was expected to fight lanky Cole Miller. Next he fought Poirier, who's about the same height. Then he fought Siver, who I admit was handpicked. Then he fought Mendes, but the alternative was Frankie; had Conor fought anyone else people woulda claimed he was ducking; so a short opponent was inevitable here. Then it was Aldo, who, again, was the natural opponent. TLDR: The only time you could argue Conor was intentionally given a short guy was his debut fight vs Brimage and his showcase fight against Siver.

You named some shorter fighters, but there and have been some tall fighters too. The aforementioned Holloway and Cole Miller. Plus Rick Glenn, Lucas Mineiro, Kevin Souza, Yair Rodriguez, Chas Skelly, Myles Jury, Renato Moicano, Jason Knight, Andre FIli, Jeremy Kennedy, Brian Ortega, Darren Elkins, Bruce Leeroy, and many more. Don't just point to the short fighters to back up your claim that Conor was tall to the division; look at the whole picture; and I promise you, 5ft9 is and has been the average height for the division).

If "Conor never asked for easy fights" is what you think you deconstructed, then tell me, at what point did you name a time where Conor asked for an easy fight? At no point during our exchange did I notice you do that. To save you time, I'll run through Conor's UFC opponent history:

Conor never asked for Brimage
Conor never asked for Holloway
Conor never asked for Cole Miller or Diego Brandao
Conor did want to fight Poirier. He also wanted to fight Cub. Both ranked higher than him. He didn't single out Poirier though. Ultimately, the UFC chose Poirier. Conor was underdog for this fight. This is by no means an easy fight.

Conor never asked for Siver. It's an easy fight, but it was the UFC who pushed for this fight.

Conor never asked for Mendes. And it's obviously not an easy fight.

Conor of course wanted Aldo. But it was the natural fight to make.

RDA is the first time you can claim Conor actually asked for a fight. But it was about the title shot, not RDA as an opponent. Most actually believed RDA to be a horrible matchup for Conor, with his pressure, wrestling, sub game, and leg kicks. Plus people are/were obsessed with weight classes, and thought that was a big deal in Rafael's favor. So, you can hardly claim this was Conor picking an easy fight.

Conor didn't ask for Diaz. The UFC were negotiating with multiple fighters and went with Diaz. Diaz was the popular choice fans wanted in the polls. Cowboy Cerrone was second choice, who IMO woulda been an easier fight.

For the Diaz rematch, Conor did more than simply pick his opponent, in that he was fully set on getting this fight. Problem with your argument though, is this obviously wasn't an easy fight. Diaz had just finished him. Most fighters and fans were picking Diaz to win again.

Conor picked Alvarez for an opponent, in the same way he picked RDA, in that it was about the title, not about Alvarez the opponent. Many believed Conor had a better chance at beating Eddie than he did of beating RDA. Some disagreed, citing Alvarez's wrestling and boxing as a problem. However, this was by no means regarded as an easy fight by most. Yes, Conor regarded it as an easy fight, but then he regards everyone as an easy fight, including Aldo, Mendes, RDA, even Mayweather. So again, you're wrong if this is the fight you have in mind.

Conor was a huge underdog vs Mayweather.

Painfully long reply which I'll answer more succinctly.

Rehydrating correctly after a weight cut is massively important, if you don't do it correctly, you lose all the benefits. Never heard of a 'bad weight cut'? I seriously don't know why you'd argue or query that point.

Using an IV to fight in a division that is lower than your natural weight and reach (in your words) where most of the top guys are under 5 foot 7, giving you a couple of extra inches advantage, in both height and reach, is clearly choosing the easier fights.

You have long windedly and wrongly suggested that since he didn't choose the individual fights within the division that he wasn't choosing the easiest path with the easiest fights. By choosing to IV his way down to an easier, undeniably shorter and lighter division, thats asking for easier fights.

That was my contention, and by admitting he was heavier and had longer reach than most of the division you have agreed with me, whether you admit it or not.

And please don't try and suggest that asking for a title shot right away against RDA was a brave move. Like all his fights since moving up, they have been 'no lose' situations.

If he lost the LW title shot, he could just claim he fought bravely at a disadvantage. The same against Nate and Floyd. All win win situations. "i moved to two weight classes/greatest boxer ever" etc was all about setting up win win situations.

A difficult set of fights would be working your way up to a LW or WW title shot by taking on all the top 10 or at least 5 in the divisions, instead of using his popularity and bargaining power to set up win win situations.

Many people consider that asking for easier fights. You don't, but that's cool, you are entitled to your opinion.

TS is right to be fair, people are just pissed he isn't fulfilling his obligations as a champ, i totally respect Conors rise to fame though it was some ride.

Painfully long reply which I'll answer more succinctly.

Rehydrating correctly after a weight cut is massively important, if you don't do it correctly, you lose all the benefits. Never heard of a 'bad weight cut'? I seriously don't know why you'd argue or query that point.

Using an IV to fight in a division that is lower than your natural weight and reach (in your words) where most of the top guys are under 5 foot 7, giving you a couple of extra inches advantage, in both height and reach, is clearly choosing the easier fights.

You have long windedly and wrongly suggested that since he didn't choose the individual fights within the division that he wasn't choosing the easiest path with the easiest fights. By choosing to IV his way down to an easier, undeniably shorter and lighter division, thats asking for easier fights.

That was my contention, and by admitting he was heavier and had longer reach than most of the division you have agreed with me, whether you admit it or not.

And please don't try and suggest that asking for a title shot right away against RDA was a brave move. Like all his fights since moving up, they have been 'no lose' situations.

If he lost the LW title shot, he could just claim he fought bravely at a disadvantage. The same against Nate and Floyd. All win win situations. "i moved to two weight classes/greatest boxer ever" etc was all about setting up win win situations.

A difficult set of fights would be working your way up to a LW or WW title shot by taking on all the top 10 or at least 5 in the divisions, instead of using his popularity and bargaining power to set up win win situations.

Many people consider that asking for easier fights. You don't, but that's cool, you are entitled to your opinion.
I was being comprehensive. I didn't realize you were arguing semantics with TS (I'll explain how you did that in the next paragraph). If, what you meant by Conor asking for easier fights is that he chose to cut more than other fighters to have a size advantage, then fair enough. You've chosen bad wording for communicating your point, in that people won't know what you mean, like I didn't. You should probably reserve the term "Conor asked for easier fights" to times where Conor actually asked the UFC for something. The irony, in this case, is that Conor wanted to debut in the UFC at lightweight, but he was only offered a UFC contract if he accepted a featherweight fight.

More important than your poor choice of words is your choice to argue semantics, instead of argue against TS's point. TS never claimed that Conor didn't cut a lot of weight and have a size advantage; TS's thread is about Conor not asking for easy fights or money fights, a la Woodley. According to yourself, your point isn't even about that; you're talking about heavy weight cutting. So how have you "deconstructed" what TS said, when you aren't even talking about the same thing? FYI, you're arguing semantics if you're arguing against someone's words, rather than the meaning behind their words. You argued against the former. And it's a bad thing to do; words are just communicartion tools, while their meaning it's what's most important.

I never suggested that asking for a title shot against RDA was a brave move. I was saying that by taking the fight, he wasn't asking for an easy fight, nor a money fight.

I'm not claiming Conor hasn't looked out for his own self-interest. He's obviously done that, and he should do that, as should we all. I'm claiming that he isn't and has never been the sort of fighter to specifically seek out easy opponents. He's also never tried to leech off others' popularity in the way Woodley does.

TS is right to be fair, people are just pissed he isn't fulfilling his obligations as a champ, i totally respect Conors rise to fame though it was some ride.

Really? In what universe is getting a LW title shot after going 1-1 with Nate 'totally respectable'??

What's worse is that in the rematch, Conor looked brilliant for about 8 minutes, then crashed badly and barely made it to a majority decision.

Honestly, I would be ok with him getting a title shot straight after the Aldo win (as was planned), but Conor wanted the payday vs Nate. He got whooped and embarrassed by an out-of-camp, 18-10 LW, then won a majority dec - we can't just pretend that this didn't happen.

I was being comprehensive. I didn't realize you were arguing semantics with TS (I'll explain how you did that in the next paragraph). If, what you meant by Conor asking for easier fights is that he chose to cut more than other fighters to have a size advantage, then fair enough. You've chosen bad wording for communicating your point, in that people won't know what you mean, like I didn't. You should probably reserve the term "Conor asked for easier fights" to times where Conor actually asked the UFC for something. The irony, in this case, is that Conor wanted to debut in the UFC at lightweight, but he was only offered a UFC contract if he accepted a featherweight fight.

More important than your poor choice of words is your choice to argue semantics, instead of argue against TS's point. TS never claimed that Conor didn't cut a lot of weight and have a size advantage; TS's thread is about Conor not asking for easy fights or money fights, a la Woodley. According to yourself, your point isn't even about that; you're talking about heavy weight cutting. So how have you "deconstructed" what TS said, when you aren't even talking about the same thing? FYI, you're arguing semantics if you're arguing against someone's words, rather than the meaning behind their words. You argued against the former. And it's a bad thing to do; words are just communicartion tools, while their meaning it's what's most important.

I never suggested that asking for a title shot against RDA was a brave move. I was saying that by taking the fight, he wasn't asking for an easy fight, nor a money fight.

I'm not claiming Conor hasn't looked out for his own self-interest. He's obviously done that, and he should do that, as should we all. I'm claiming that he isn't and has never been the sort of fighter to specifically seek out easy opponents. He's also never tried to leech off others' popularity in the way Woodley does.

A statement such as "Conor never asks for easier fights' can, and has by many on this thread, been interpreted to mean that Conor neve searches for easy fights or strategises for easier fights when more difficult fights are available. This isn't building the TS a strawman, as it's a very justifiable interpreation. That isn't semantics, and I was very open and clear about the fact that this was my interpretation. You could easily say that TS has, if we were to be cycnical, specifcally used the phrase 'Asked for' as an attempt to close off the argument about whether he has looked for he easiest fights available by literalising the word 'asked'. Conor may not have literally sounded his voice to say "I want easy fights", but if we applied the same limitation to all interpreation of fighter behaviour, we could say that a fighter has literally never said he'd duck an opponent, never said he wants to avoid an opponent, and therefore that's never happened. That has happened, in fact many guys may have even ducked Conor.

That is not semantics, that is an open and honest deconstruction of the subject matter, without building a strawman.

That wasn't a poor choice of words from me, it was fairly obvious and I believe well argued, otherwise you wouldn't have replied to each point I made if you couldn't understand them.

Conor sought out an entire division that was smaller, lighter, and with shorter reach. As i mentioned before, you, TS and I differ on whether this is asking for easy fights or not. I would argue that if my argument is refuted based on the simple wording of the title of the thread, THAT's semantics.

The guy who never put anything on the line in his whole career? Really?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back