Conor: More of a Rigondeaux man, wheres that match? Vasyl should take that fight, challenge himself

Meh. Honestly, I can't really see Rigondeaux as much of a challenge for Lomachenko. The size difference is too much. Lomachenko is talking about 135, Rigondeaux is still small for 126.

Loma and Mikey are both determined to duck any serious threats, very disappointing. I'm a fan of both, but they need to step up.

If Rigondo pulls off the upset he will be top 5 ATG. Its not impossible either. If it goes to a decision he will probably win.

Loma and Mikey are both determined to duck any serious threats, very disappointing. I'm a fan of both, but they need to step up.
What are you talking about? Mikey has been back a few fights and already moved up to fight a big and talented 140 lbr. Lomachenko just fought Walters.

Mcgregor upset at Loma because everyone knows he'd embarrass Connor if they sparred, even with the size difference.

Mcgregor upset at Loma because everyone knows he'd embarrass Connor if they sparred, even with the size difference.

Yup it's a classic Floyd tactic. Remember when Floyd wouldn't fight Manny because he had Marquez problems?

What are you talking about? Mikey has been back a few fights and already moved up to fight a big and talented 140 lbr. Lomachenko just fought Walters.
Walters is trash.

You're joking right? You actually think Mikey challenged himself against Broner? I'm a huge Mikey fan, but to me its suspicious that he's not staying at any weight class for more than a fight. He's now talking about moving to 147, of course he won't fight Shawn Porter or Spence or anything, he'll try to pick off a weak 147. If he were fighting the best at each weight class i'd accept that, but he's made it clear that he doesn't want to fight Crawford (he keeps talking about Crawford not having a big enough name yet) and he'd fight Loma if only Arum would let his fighters come on Showtime. To me, thats ducking without saying "i won't fight him".

Either he plants his flag in a division and cleans it out the way Crawford will next week, or jump weight classes and fight real threats. He's doing neither, and using pretty suspiciously vague language about his plans.

Loma, he's taking a step backward in terms of level of competition. Sosa and Marriaga back to back,...really? We know Bob Arum is as risk averse as they come, but it clear that Loma is ceding all the match making authority to Arum. I'm disappointed because Loma started off so well by really challenging himself, those days seem to be gone.

Last edited:
You're joking right? You actually think Mikey challenged himself against Broner? I'm a Mikey fan, but to me its suspicious that he's not staying at any weight class for more than a fight. He's now talking about moving to 147, of course he won't fight Shawn Porter or Spence or anything, he'll try to pick off a weak 147. If he were fighting the best at each weight class i'd accept that, but he's made it clear that he doesn't want to fight Crawford (he keeps talking about Crawford not having a big enough name yet) and he'd fight Loma if only Arum would let his fighters come on Showtime. To me, thats ducking without saying "i won't fight him". Either he plants his flag in a division and clean it out the way Crawford will next week, or jump weight classes and fight real threats. Broner was no threat.

Loma, he's taking a step backward in terms of level of competition. Sosa and Marriaga back to back,...really? Prospe We know Bob Arum is as risk averse as they come, but it clear that Loma is ceding all the match making authority to Arum. I'm disappointed because Loma started off so well by really challenging himself, those days seem to be gone.
I agree with this. Lomachenko could be fighting better fighters if he wanted to. His last two fights have been ridiculous.

Bullshit.

He also beat Gary Russell Jr.

Name a fighter with a better CV in their first 10 fights.
So he gets a pass for taking shit fights from here on out? He's burned through all his mulligans.

You're joking right? You actually think Mikey challenged himself against Broner? I'm a huge Mikey fan, but to me its suspicious that he's not staying at any weight class for more than a fight. He's now talking about moving to 147, of course he won't fight Shawn Porter or Spence or anything, he'll try to pick off a weak 147. If he were fighting the best at each weight class i'd accept that, but he's made it clear that he doesn't want to fight Crawford (he keeps talking about Crawford not having a big enough name yet) and he'd fight Loma if only Arum would let his fighters come on Showtime. To me, thats ducking without saying "i won't fight him".

Either he plants his flag in a division and cleans it out the way Crawford will next week, or jump weight classes and fight real threats. He's doing neither, and using pretty suspiciously vague language about his plans.

Loma, he's taking a step backward in terms of level of competition. Sosa and Marriaga back to back,...really? We know Bob Arum is as risk averse as they come, but it clear that Loma is ceding all the match making authority to Arum. I'm disappointed because Loma started off so well by really challenging himself, those days seem to be gone.

Mikey never fought above 135 and made his debut against a guy so big he was barely able to make 140 for a while. He was testing the waters at that weight. Do you expect him to fight a P4P guy in his first fight at a new weight? That seems unrealistic. Let's see what he does now. Maybe he doesn't feel at his best at that weight. Should we hold that against him? He's not a big 140 lber and you expect him to move up to 147?

Who should Loma have fought? Which fights were available? Yes the last two fights were garbage, but he's 11 fights into his CV and has already beaten several top fighters. No fighter fights all A level competition all the time.

So he gets a pass for taking shit fights from here on out? He's burned through all his mulligans.

No. But the idea that any fighter fights all A level competition is BS. If his next few fights are vs no hopers I'll join tyou in criticizing him.

Mikey never fought above 135 and made his debut against a guy so big he was barely able to make 140 for a while. He was testing the waters at that weight. Do you expect him to fight a P4P guy in his first fight at a new weight? That seems unrealistic. Let's see what he does now. Maybe he doesn't feel at his best at that weight. Should we hold that against him? He's not a big 140 lber and you expect him to move up to 147?

I dont expect him to move to 147, thats what HE is saying he'll do!! Thats my point, Mikey is using suspiciously vague language about his plans and specifically who he calls out. He's literally called out every fighter between 130 and 147. If you call everyone out, you're not actually calling anyone out. He's leaving outs for himself and doesnt want to get pinned down.

And please stop positioning the Broner fight as some big step up, theres a reason the odds makers had it 5-1 in Mikey's favor. Broner was cooked and everybody knew it, Mikey knew what he was doing, it was no huge risk.

No. But the idea that any fighter fights all A level competition is BS. If his next few fights are vs no hopers I'll join tyou in criticizing him.
Would you be ok with it if his next fight is against a can?

Bullshit.

He also beat Gary Russell Jr.

Name a fighter with a better CV in their first 10 fights.
Nah, you guys buy hype is all. You guys were all ignoring his performances post Donaire and pre Lomachenko.

Gary Russel was a decent win.

Would you be ok with it if his next fight is against a can?

No. But let's be fair, he was trying to get the Salido and he backed out at the last minute which is why he was stuck with this latest shitty matchup.

Back