Conor McGregor's Irish accent

I'm linking a video below, but before you start, make sure you disable the volume and watch it on mute.
After you've done that, restart from the beginning, this time with volume, and prepare to have your boner destroyed.

HAHAHAAH dang you were not lying that accent is horrible nothing sexy about it, wtf he has like some speech impediment when she says her she says Huhhhhhh instead.

Dam reminds me of abu or something, there are some Indian women who have a British style accent and can be sexy, but this chick did she grow up around the poor Indians or something its a true Indian accent almost stereotypical.

HAHAHAAH dang you were not lying that accent is horrible nothing sexy about it, wtf he has like some speech impediment when she says her she says Huhhhhhh instead.

Dam reminds me of abu or something, there are some Indian women who have a British style accent and can be sexy, but this chick did she grow up around the poor Indians or something its a true Indian accent almost stereotypical.

RIGHT?! It's beyond horrible. This woman with a British accent would be sexy as fuck. I raged so hard while watching this fucking film.

Some accents are better than others that's for sure. But you can't have the kind of popularity Conor's has without actually being good, it's not just charisma you know?

This is so true. I was born in Scotland and my parents are a mix of Scottish, English and a little Irish (tiny bit of Italian too but probably just a toenail). It always confused me and sometimes frustrated me when someone from the US who knows nothing about Scotland would claim they were Scottish. They do that much more for Irish and Italian as you say. I just always found it odd since I am Scottish and share absolutely nothing with these people who would also claim they were Scottish or part Scottish.

That’s funny I’ve actually heard that the Scottish get irritated about that more than other nationalities on the island. It’s understandable if someone is exaggerating but at the same time, it’s a not uncommon in the US to be asked about your heritage and background, and if you can’t just say “I’m American.” They would be even weirder.

He can have an Irish accent and all, and you can say that's what made him famous, but you can't get to his level of popularity without actually winning.

Look at James Gallagher for example. Irish accent, talks a big game, but got KO'd at the weekend.
It helps him stand out in the states. But he's famous because of his wins and trash talk.

RIGHT?! It's beyond horrible. This woman with a British accent would be sexy as fuck. I raged so hard while watching this fucking film.
She has some type of speech issue, at times it sounds okay but when she says certain words that deep indian accent and speech issue appears lol dang.

She has some type of speech issue, at times it sounds okay but when she says certain words that deep indian accent and speech issue appears lol dang.

She even did a bunch of interviews saying she deliberately chose to keep her accent intact without attempting to change anything, to show pride in her heritage or something. Made the movie near unwatchable for me, especially given how sexy she is otherwise. If she were pain as fuck then no big deal, but this is like a horny chick seeing Strikeforce Luke Rockhold for the first time, then watching him open his mouth and unleash a sea of cringe. It's heartbreaking.

Does he have other accents besides the Irish one ?

TRUE that is part of it!! When i 1st seen Conor i said, cool chest tatt ,has a blk belt in talking trash and he's white Irish. RATING GOLD!! Fans are going want to drink his bath water.

Wow look we have someone who didn’t even start watching the UFC until after Conor had destroyed Max Holloway

A lot of Conor's success is due to his brand and fanbase. I think if you're fighting Conor, his huge fanbase in the crowd will make you feel like you're fighting a mental war with a million people as well. A lot of his charm with the crowd is due to his Irish accent. When you think of all his comebacks and trash-talk, it doesn't sound nearly as effective without an Irish accent. Do you think Conor would have done nearly as well in his career without his Irish accent?

Not only does it make him more marketable, but it really creates this persona that makes almost everything he says quotable, which creates a HUGE Mystic Mac Hysteria that feeds his confidence. And when you feel the backing of the world …. psychologically you will feel like you can do anything anytime anywhere, which will be make it that much harder for the opponent...
After 10 years of Sherdog membership, you woke up and was like let's do a 'marketability of Conor's accent' thread.

giphy.gif

She even did a bunch of interviews saying she deliberately chose to keep her accent intact without attempting to change anything, to show pride in her heritage or something. Made the movie near unwatchable for me, especially given how sexy she is otherwise. If she were pain as fuck then no big deal, but this is like a horny chick seeing Strikeforce Luke Rockhold for the first time, then watching him open his mouth and unleash a sea of cringe. It's heartbreaking.

its like when those Mexican americans from Cali that disgusting cholo accent dam man you ever hear that Spanglish Mexican American accent from East los from back in the day thats another annoying cringeworthy accent.

its like when those Mexican americans from Cali that disgusting cholo accent dam man you ever hear that Spanglish Mexican American accent from East los from back in the day thats another annoying cringeworthy accent.

lol my ex had family members with that shitty ass accent makes me want to punch them in the face every time they open their mouths. Had to restrain myself several times because I didn't want to then get raped.

Fuck me, this thread/op is proper bottom of the barrel stuff, Jesus Christ.

His success is due to his skill. Dude is a beast in the cage. He's has quick wit, which has nothing to do with his accent.
Pretty much my point of view except that I do believe his Irish accent helps drive his banter home & therefore adds to his popularity.

It's all a symbiotic relationship. Each part adds to the other parts. He's the perfect storm at the perfect time.

I'm linking a video below, but before you start, make sure you disable the volume and watch it on mute.
After you've done that, restart from the beginning, this time with volume, and prepare to have your boner destroyed.

I went from wanting to see her naked to wanting to buy a slurpee from her in 3 seconds.
Jeez.

That’s funny I’ve actually heard that the Scottish get irritated about that more than other nationalities on the island. It’s understandable if someone is exaggerating but at the same time, it’s a not uncommon in the US to be asked about your heritage and background, and if you can’t just say “I’m American.” They would be even weirder.
Only time it really bothers me is when the person knows absolutely nothing about the country. I've had people from the US say they're part Scottish but didn't even know where Scotland was or that it was part of the UK or that they just assume we're all British and don't understand that being English is very different than being Scottish. Socially and politically we're rather different.

I can understand wanting to know more about your heritage though especially when you live in a completely new land. I can't imagine what it would be like to be black in the US and know absolutely nothing about your history due to slavery in the past and all the records being destroyed. I think maybe I take it for granted sometimes since I grew up here.

A lot of Conor's success is due to his brand and fanbase. I think if you're fighting Conor, his huge fanbase in the crowd will make you feel like you're fighting a mental war with a million people as well. A lot of his charm with the crowd is due to his Irish accent. When you think of all his comebacks and trash-talk, it doesn't sound nearly as effective without an Irish accent. Do you think Conor would have done nearly as well in his career without his Irish accent?

Not only does it make him more marketable, but it really creates this persona that makes almost everything he says quotable, which creates a HUGE Mystic Mac Hysteria that feeds his confidence. And when you feel the backing of the world …. psychologically you will feel like you can do anything anytime anywhere, which will be make it that much harder for the opponent...

Mackenzie Dern hopped on this bandwagon real quick. That is why she suddenly has a Portuguese accent.

Only time it really bothers me is when the person knows absolutely nothing about the country. I've had people from the US say they're part Scottish but didn't even know where Scotland was or that it was part of the UK or that they just assume we're all British and don't understand that being English is very different than being Scottish. Socially and politically we're rather different.

I can understand wanting to know more about your heritage though especially when you live in a completely new land. I can't imagine what it would be like to be black in the US and know absolutely nothing about your history due to slavery in the past and all the records being destroyed. I think maybe I take it for granted sometimes since I grew up here.

Don’t feel too bad for African-Americans, like you just mentioned, most Americans whether white or black don’t give a shit about learning more about their heritage, which is puzzling to me because I love learning about that stuff. And the DNA test they have now can reveal what parts of Africa your blood come from and how much. The vast majority of African-Americans come from the Nigeria and Angola areas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back