Conor McGregor's Irish accent

you have 4 more profile "likes" than you should imo ts

Yea, don't really care about the "likes" though. It's just something I pondered when watching his press conferences and imagined the crowd reactions if he had a Southern Accent or something instead.

Well duh can you imagine Conor talking in an Indian accent? People would think he's retarded. There's that Indian chick in the newest xXx movie that look pretty damn hot but the moment she opened her mouth and started talking my boner noped into the next galaxy.
Post a video of this chick Bolanos, but why would your 3 incher go limp is it really that much of a turn off?

It’s all an act. I grew up next door to him in a nice, rich neighborhood in New Jersey until he left to go to college.

He can have an Irish accent and all, and you can say that's what made him famous, but you can't get to his level of popularity without actually winning.

Look at James Gallagher for example. Irish accent, talks a big game, but got KO'd at the weekend.
I don't know why so many peopleare hating on the kid . Yea he had a gimmick like McGregor but he's still only 21 and I'm sure he will mature and get better

I don't know why so many peopleare hating on the kid . Yea he had a gimmick like McGregor but he's still only 21 and I'm sure he will mature and get better

Yeah, he is still super young. Kevin Lee got KO'd when he was 23, and look at him now.

He can have an Irish accent and all, and you can say that's what made him famous, but you can't get to his level of popularity without actually winning.

Look at James Gallagher for example. Irish accent, talks a big game, but got KO'd at the weekend.

You know Conor has lost, right?

You know Conor has lost, right?

And he avenged it months later, becoming an even bigger star.

My point was, the accent is there, but he still had to beat Chad Mendes, Aldo, Poirier, Diaz, Alvarez, and all these different guys to reach the point he's at now.

Post a video of this chick Bolanos, but why would your 3 incher go limp is it really that much of a turn off?

I'm linking a video below, but before you start, make sure you disable the volume and watch it on mute.
After you've done that, restart from the beginning, this time with volume, and prepare to have your boner destroyed.

Him being Irish was crucial to his success. Americans have an odd affinity towards Irish. We kind of have an affinity towards Italians too. Everyone who has just a little bit of Irish or Italian blood exaggerates it and says “I’m Irish” and when you dig further you find out their like only 1/8 (I’m totally guilty of doing this too).

It’s weird because 100 years ago Americans had a negative view of Irish and Italians when they were immigrants here, and were blatantly racist about it. So maybe in 100 years everyone will want to be Mexican.

And he avenged it months later, becoming an even bigger star.

My point was, the accent is there, but he still had to beat Chad Mendes, Aldo, Poirier, Diaz, Alvarez, and all these different guys to reach the point he's at now.

Yes, but I think his Irish accent also has a HUGE part to play in his popularity. Much more than people would think.

A lot of Conor's success is due to his brand and fanbase. I think if you're fighting Conor, his huge fanbase in the crowd will make you feel like you're fighting a mental war with a million people as well. A lot of his charm with the crowd is due to his Irish accent. When you think of all his comebacks and trash-talk, it doesn't sound nearly as effective without an Irish accent. Do you think Conor would have done nearly as well in his career without his Irish accent?

Not only does it make him more marketable, but it really creates this persona that makes almost everything he says quotable, which creates a HUGE Mystic Mac Hysteria that feeds his confidence. And when you feel the backing of the world …. psychologically you will feel like you can do anything anytime anywhere, which will be make it that much harder for the opponent...
I think the appeal of him being Irish is true but I don't think it's anything to do with his accent, it's because he's Irish and people have a rather mystical opinion of the Irish people at times. Chael is a perfect example of how far trash talking can take you, combine that with the actual ability to fight (as a Conor hater I can't disagree he's an amazing fighter) and him being Irish all contribute to his fame.

The combination of his high-pitched voice and terrible-sounding accent is brutal. The one post-fight conference I watched from years ago and he was talking all slow and sounded like Speedy Gonzalez. Weird as fuck.

Him being Irish was crucial to his success. Americans have an odd affinity towards Irish. We kind of have an affinity towards Italians too. Everyone who has just a little bit of Irish or Italian blood exaggerates it and says “I’m Irish” and when you dig further you find out their like only 1/8 (I’m totally guilty of doing this too).

It’s weird because 100 years ago Americans had a negative view of Irish and Italians when they were immigrants here, and were blatantly racist about it. So maybe in 100 years everyone will want to be Mexican.
This is so true. I was born in Scotland and my parents are a mix of Scottish, English and a little Irish (tiny bit of Italian too but probably just a toenail). It always confused me and sometimes frustrated me when someone from the US who knows nothing about Scotland would claim they were Scottish. They do that much more for Irish and Italian as you say. I just always found it odd since I am Scottish and share absolutely nothing with these people who would also claim they were Scottish or part Scottish.

1. Trashy Irish Accent and swaggerjack
2. Fight midgets
3. ???
4. Fight a bus

Well duh can you imagine Conor talking in an Indian accent? People would think he's retarded. There's that Indian chick in the newest xXx movie that look pretty damn hot but the moment she opened her mouth and started talking my boner noped into the next galaxy.
Dude shut up. Lemme hurt yo ass.

It wasn’t necessarily that. He was already huge in Ireland because of his fighting style and how he talked up how awesome the Irish are. When he came to America he already had a huge fan base. That created a lot of hype. His talking created a lot of hype. You’re not wrong, but there’s more to it than just his accent, lol. The guy knows what he’s doing. If he was born in the US abut was like the exact same person, who knows. It’s the stuff he says, how well he can fight, his image (the suits, cars, etc). People eat that stuff up if you do it right.

Yeah well it doesn't matter how many people are in the crowd chanting dumb ass Irish drinking songs or soccer chants, there's no one to help you in the cage.

He got to where he is by talking insane, monumental levels of trash and for a vast majority of the time backing it all up. If the UFC had picked a better sacrificial lamb than Nate Diaz (dude's been stopped exactly once by a goddamn bat to the head) he'd still be undefeated in the UFC. Around the Brimage fight he was talking about how he was going to smash everyone and be a millionaire and people were bringing up vids of him getting tapped in regionals. After the Poirier fight it should have been very, very clear to everyone that he was fucking dangerous on the feet. That one was a real eye opener. Guy could have been from sheepshagger central Australia or Punjab and it wouldn't have mattered.

Back