Conor McGregor vs Edson Barboza

Conor wins in MMA. Barboza has a much better shot under K1 rules with boxing/thai boxing gloves.

Barboza isn't great at dealing with pressure fighters and has a shaky chin

Conor early TKO

It's a toss-up. Conor doesn't handle pacing or leg kicks well, but Edson wilts under pressure. Conor is the safe bet, but I wouldn't be the slightest bit shocked to see Barboza put him down.

I would love to see this fight happen. Both styles would make for a fun fight. I believe Conor would KO Barboza. Barboza doesn’t seem to do good against anyone pressure fighters. ( Kevin Lee, MJ, Varner, and Tony Ferguson ) Baboza’s leg kicks could give Conor some trouble tho. But I got Conor by KO in round 2

it would be a fun fight that for sure.that who ufcshould make conor fight him befofre khabib.

it not like ufc didn't make khabib fight him first.

I understand McGregor is annoying esp lately but one was a LW world champion after one try and one is a LW Journeyman that loses big every few fights.

Conor might even beat Barboza striking
Holy sh... The 'journeyman' has evolved big time...

Conor takes that fight rather easily. Barboza has nothing for him.

Conor did not struggle with Nate's size. He dropped him 3x effortlessly and made his face look like hamburger meat.

Conor struggled with his own gas tank. The fights only became close once Conor slowed down. Prior to that he was putting on the same striking displays we normally see.
McNug>"b4, @ FW, those 'manlets' [sigh] would crumble under my shots..."

lmao...indeed, not Nate´s size...

Conor did not struggle with Nate's size. He dropped him 3x effortlessly and made his face look like hamburger meat.

Conor struggled with his own gas tank. The fights only became close once Conor slowed down. Prior to that he was putting on the same striking displays we normally see.
The size was a huge problem for Conor. Diaz gave him problems with his length and wore Conor down in any type of clinch situation.

I just said this another thread, but Barboza is probably the most overrated striker in the UFC. Sure, he has good kicks, but he has terrible boxing and even worse defensive fundamentals. Good strikers don't get dropped because they walked straight into a jab. It seriously looked like Barboza tried to headbutt Cownboy's hand.

Which Conor attributed to nate being twee times his size. He was over reaching like a mother fucker too. In the second fight he did better in the beginning but ultimately started reaching again. Against barboza those body kicks would sap his energy even faster

Barboza doesn't deal with pressure or boxing well. Two of Conors specialties.

I understand McGregor is annoying esp lately but one was a LW world champion after one try and one is a LW Journeyman that loses big every few fights.

Conor might even beat Barboza striking
Might even?

have you seen Barboza's boxing / boxing defence?

Except lighting speed, brutal kicks, and superior cardio.

Nate should have had nothing for conor
You’re right. On paper Nate didn’t look great. His length, chin, and composure were amazing strengths that in hindsight make sense to give Conor problems. Edson has none of those.

Mcgregor should get the finish... But he thought he needed crutches after the Diaz fight.

You’re right. On paper Nate didn’t look great. His length, chin, and composure were amazing strengths that in hindsight make sense to give Conor problems. Edson has none of those.

Haha great minds think alike. Didn't see your post and listed Nate's attributes that make him challenging for Conor almost identically.

I would love to see this fight happen. Both styles would make for a fun fight. I believe Conor would KO Barboza. Barboza doesn’t seem to do good against anyone pressure fighters. ( Kevin Lee, MJ, Varner, and Tony Ferguson ) Baboza’s leg kicks could give Conor some trouble tho. But I got Conor by KO in round 2
Conor would tag him with the left and bounce Barboza's head off the canvas like a basketball. Aldo style 13 secs

And I can't stand McGregor STILL.

Love that burger king chicken sandwich tho
{<Mcgoat}

Back