Conor McGregor 'to address US Congress in rights campaign for MMA fighters'

Giving back what you take. Very important, good on em'.

That doesn't make sense for Mac to bite the hand that's feeding him.

Maybe the new management is pissing him off though... who knowz. I couldn't see him doing that if the Fertittaz were still in power.

Conor won't do shit, he's only in it for his own benefit.

Conor won't do shit, he's only in it for his own benefit.

He has contract with UFC, if I'm not wrong. It's all about money.Probably they ripped him off after May/Mac. Maybe he should ask female boxers and low to mid ranked boxers how Ali Act worked for them? Because for him, I'm sure it will be great.

Hmmm. The congressman wants fighters to get title shots depending on a ranking system - which I assume is not part of the Ali Act?

So what happens if a fighter is the no 1 contender, gets injured, the fight is rescheduled and gets re-injured, plus the fact the UFC is a PLC makes it extremely hard for all this to happen. Seems like a politician doing PR to get himself noticed. Is election time for the congressmen/women coming up soon?

Mullins is a nut.

Don't think Ali Act expansion will bring benefits to fighters or fans.

I enjoy Conor but what a dumb fucking statement you just made.
LMAO if you really think that then I'll take it as a complement.

In addition to being the first 2 division champ in UFC history(so shut the fuck up and don't say he doesn't win fights) Mcgregor has done more to improve all MMA fighter's salaries and now their rights to not be taken advantage of.

That's called greatness son.

Winning a bunch of fights alone doesn't make you great. Its what you do outside the ring plus winning fights.

When you see how much money you can make being in control of your talent, it doesn't make sense continuing to be somebody else's "independent contractor." LOL

Well if it happens he can tell his grandkids he addressed the highley regarded US Congress. Its like a peasant adressing Walder Frey.

the Ali Act will not benefit irish jabroni. that's why he didn't stayed with the mma union by bjorn.

Dana white " Conor literally can't fight right now he's caught up in some legal battles " . Meanwhile Conor goes on every single talk show known to man promoting himself as the champ champ while a bunch of fools eat it up like it means something

LMAO if you really think that then I'll take it as a complement.

In addition to being the first 2 division champ in UFC history(so shut the fuck up and don't say he doesn't win fights) Mcgregor has done more to improve all MMA fighter's salaries and now their rights to not be taken advantage of.

That's called greatness son.

Winning a bunch of fights alone doesn't make you great. Its what you do outside the ring plus winning fights.
Great accomplishment in beating Aldo in 13 seconds but anyone with half a brain realizes the double champ shit is BS.
1 fight at LW after going 1-1 with Nate against a guy defending for his first time.

GOAT is definitely referring to the fights themselves and not what people get paid or accomplish outside of MMA
(Boxing Floyd)

Good for the fighters bad for WME's loan repayment.

I don't understand the hate Conner gets on here. Has a red hot go, knocks people out and has broken the mould that fighters felt they needed to stay within for pay.
Claims to be champion with 0 title defenses.

Holy hell, the diarrhea in here is fookin' eyeball deep in here. Typical Conor thread - 3/4 filled with haters that lash out with completely illogical statements. It's pathetic, honestly, when you hate someone so fucking much that you have to manufacture bullshit about him because you can't find any LEGITIMATE reasons to dislike him.

The Fertitas are looking like genius' day by day and WME looks like the donkey.

I'm actually starting to think that the Fertitas might be getting ready to buy back the UFC for 2 million again and then 'lobby' to get it back worth 4 billion again....

Its really seeming WAY too convenient how they got in and got out at JUST the right time....

Think about it....if you have the most profitable sports org in sports, due to the pay structure.....why sell to invest in another sports organization???

The fertitas knew shit was about to hit the fan....

I'm all in favor of the fighters taking home a much higher portion of the revenues (as are I'm sure the vast majority of fans) but the Ali act is not a positive thing for fight fans in its entirety. It will ultimately spread the fighters out and decrease top level matchups.
Top level matches happen because of top level fighters....

With the Ali Act, Askren fights the UFC champ....

It basically makes the best fight the best, except more of the money goes to the athletes.

They will be incentivized to make high-level fights for fan interest and bigger paydays....

Back