Conor McGregor the most Googled athlete of 2017

That's mostly the McGregor haters from Sherdog checking his twitter and IG every five minutes.
Or his huggers to look at whatever he stuffs his shorts with for photo ops. Queers

I google him 50 times a day (100 on his birthday) to keep him on top of the list, it's the least you can do as a fan.

Here is the problem though: his popularity does not affect MMA at all:
View attachment 437863

Can you draw that conclusion solely on the number of "mma" google searchs?

Obviously a lot of his mainstream fans mostly care about him rather than the sport, but I find it hard to believe that his popularity doesn't affect MMA at all.

Can you draw that conclusion solely on the number of "mma" google searchs?

Obviously a lot of his mainstream fans mostly care about him rather than the sport, but I find it hard to believe that his popularity doesn't affect MMA at all.

If people have to Google him to find out who he is, its unlikely they know much about MMA. So reading up on him they're run across MMA, and maybe get interested - so I'd think yes, people getting curious and Googling him has to help MMA. Its like back in the day when we looked up things we'd never heard of before in Encyclopedias, which led us to other things we'd never heard of before - curiosity tends to have a bit of a chain reaction.

Back