Conor McGregor Tabbed as Slight Favorite in Potential Boxing Match vs. Oscar De La Hoya

Dela hoya? 90s called and wanted their vhs tapes back.

Hmmm I'd have to draw the line here as far as my appetite for freak show fights.

mcgregor-youll-do-fookin-nuttin-mayweather-lil-knock-your-ass-back-to-the-3rd-grade-gaytes-fountainofmemes-5zLW2.jpg

In boxing DLH wins, how are MMA/Conor fans so stupid?
Because Oscar is old, and maybe he's training now but not long ago he was out of shape.

Young Oscar wrecks Conor of course, but Father Time is undefeated, as they say.

Old Oscar would probably have done worse on Floyd than Conor did, IMO.

Man, I’m gonna get roasted for this, but Oscar is slow as molasses. With or without a weight cut, he’s shot to hell.

Manny during his prime was a phenom, and to compare Conor to Pac-Man is plain stupid, however, there are three things Conor has that can give a former gold medalist and pound for pound great trouble: Speed, movement and the Southpaw advantage. Conor has those three things. I know Floyd made him look like a chump and a younger ODLH would have jabbed and left hooked Conor to death, but if this circus match took place, I wouldn’t be 100% confident the Golden Boy would win, unlike Money.

Father-Time erodes masterful talent in the worse way.

*and I’ve never been known to be a Conor nut hugger.
a boxer vs wannabe boxer

Because Oscar is old, and maybe he's training now but not long ago he was out of shape.

Young Oscar wrecks Conor of course, but Father Time is undefeated, as they say.

Old Oscar would probably have done worse on Floyd than Conor did, IMO.

you guys really think conor is some amazing boxer don't you?

LOL

the battle of the alcoholics. (sorry)

Man, I’m gonna get roasted for this, but Oscar is slow as molasses. With or without a weight cut, he’s shot to hell.

Manny during his prime was a phenom, and to compare Conor to Pac-Man is plain stupid, however, there are three things Conor has that can give a former gold medalist and pound for pound great trouble: Speed, movement and the Southpaw advantage. Conor has those three things. I know Floyd made him look like a chump and a younger ODLH would have jabbed and left hooked Conor to death, but if this circus match took place, I wouldn’t be 100% confident the Golden Boy would win, unlike Money.

Father-Time erodes masterful talent in the worse way.

*and I’ve never been known to be a Conor nut hugger.

southpaw advantage isnt a thing in boxing. it is only a thing in mma because the skill level is so low and the striking is so bad.

in boxing it doesnt matter.

Ireland's drunk on all the money they've stolen from America and Europe.

didnt know about that - this is what sherdog is good for - knowledge of random stuff - also shoops
yeah i remember reading about oscar saying "hes off the sauce" but then admitted he still has a major problem. just to elaborate a bit. thanks for replying

Okay now Oscar is the better boxer but I'm not sure his chin can hold up for several rounds with Conor.

Oscar's chin is solid as hell. He was only knocked down once in his career from a headshot and he came back and won that round.

- Anderson Silva
- GSP
- OSDLH
- Evander Holyfield

FFS even Floyd Mayweather got in line for a red panty night.

May Conor Bless each and every one of them​
OSDLH? What's the S stand for...?

And what did Holyfield want with Conor?

a boxer vs wannabe boxer

you guys really think conor is some amazing boxer don't you?

LOL

Uhhh...not at all? Where the fuck did you get that from what I wrote?

Most current top boxers dominate Conor. DLH isn't a current top boxer.

Question: How do you think current Oscar would have done against Floyd in Conor's place?

oscar is much older and been out of the game longer than floyd. also floyd was just better

oscar would easily do worse than floyd imo, but i have no clue how much worse

Oscar's chin is solid as hell. He was only knocked down once in his career from a headshot and he came back and won that round.
His chin used to be solid a decade ago. Doesn't mean it still is. It might be, especially as Conor doesn't hit hard by boxing standards. But we don't know.

ODH throws the fight and everyone "in the know" wins in Vegas.

He survived shots from Mosley, Trinidad, Quartey, Gatti, Mayorga

but yeah a guy with the most overrated power is gonna do what those actual big punchers couldn't (hell even pac man unloaded everything on oscar and took him 8rds to finally get a tko).

Not really sure how his power can be overrated. One of the easiest ways to determine someones power is simple...look at their record...how many ko's does he have..and mind you...a tko and ko are the same dam thing...in boxing and in mma, there is no distinction made between a ko and a tko...Only fans like to argue that stupid point...but look at how many 1st round stoppages conor has...just like tyson back in the Day...tyson had tons of 1st round stoppages...cause the guy had power...

Now when you look at conor's record...we are only talking facts here..not my opinion or your opinion...Only 1 guy under 170lbs has ever gone the distance with conor...ONLY ONE GUY!!!!!!!! now People can say his power is overrated or its his timing or whatever excuse they wanna give...the bottom line is, only one person has gone the distance with conor, under 170lbs....FACT!!!!!

southpaw advantage isnt a thing in boxing. it is only a thing in mma because the skill level is so low and the striking is so bad.

in boxing it doesnt matter.

The Southpaw advantage isn’t as pronounced in boxing since boxers prepare more thoroughly against lefties but it still makes things more tricky, especially if the person is old and rickety.

Edwin Valero landed on ODLH repeatedly and his speed is nowhere near Pacquiao’s which leads me to believe being a Southie significantly hinders ODLH.

Again, a young Oscar obliterates Conor, an old Oscar obliterates Conor but a 2018 Oscar might lose.

If you think that Oscar gasses BEFORE Conor, you are kidding yourself.

I got Conor by homer-style nudge in the 8th.

Back