Conor McGregor shouldn't fight Tony Ferguson or Khabib next and here is why EDIT: I WAS RIGHT

I agree with you sorta about the Khabib and Tony things, they do pull out of important fights, but they're really the only fights anybody wants to see. I don't see many people who want to see Diaz vs McGregor 3. I sure as hell have zero interest in seeing yet another rematch that does nothing for the division. Diaz sure as hell doesn't deserve it as he's just riding the coattails of McGregor's money train, and I don't want to see McGregor getting tied down any more with meaningless fights. Are we starting to forget how stupid it is to have endless rematches? Have we forgotten the early 2010s already? Back when he had Frankie Edgar rematch 3 different opponents over the course of 3 years (BJ, Maynard, Benson), Cain (Bigfoot x2, JDS x3), The Silva-Sonnen sideshow act and then the Silva-Weidman foolishness, Barao-Faber and then Barao-Dillashaw holding up the division, and a bunch more?

Nate Diaz I and II were ranked as the 2 biggest fights in history, that's the fight that the fans want to see, that's the fight that will make more sense moneywise for both Conor and the UFC since Nate never pulls out. It's a legendary rivalry and it's the third fight to decide it all. It would be for the title so Conor would still defend.

Winner fights Tony after he starts training smart (and beats Khabib in April) or Khabib after 1 more fight and win to prove he's truly injury free.

Maybe in casual fight fan history ^^^ real fight fanz just enjoyed the pretender getting his ass kicked finally without the help of favorable match ups to make him look greater than he is. Fight II was OK to watch but far from wars or true action back & forth fighting I witnessed since my mma viewing, and I've put in my time.

After April 7th Conor can go fight Diaz III IV V VI VII, I rightly don't give a sh!t...

-Khabib imo needs to prove that he's actually here to stay. Dude was with Cain the 2 most inactive fighters ive seen in my life. Dude is always injured. Pulled out of several big fights and you look at this and you're trying to promote the fight and putting several millions on it and then the fights falls apart it's a big blow to the UFC AND Conor, since the last time he didn't mind fighting someone on short notice he lost. It only makes sense. I think if Khabib beats Tony he needs 1 more fight to prove he's actually injury free

-Tony Ferguson also has pulled out of big fights and the way he trains he's a injury waiting to happen. Motherfucker is out there kicking steel pipes plus doing this

They need to put Tony on that UFC Performance Institute and let him train there in a smart way for like 5 or 6 months and then book the Conor fight

-Floyd is an option but i don't think he would ever agree to fight Conor in MMA, i think if Floyd fights in MMA is against a guy like CM Punk so he's not a realistic option

There's only one man

-Nate Diaz I and II were ranked as the 2 biggest fights in history, that's the fight that the fans want to see, that's the fight that will make more sense moneywise for both Conor and the UFC since Nate never pulls out. It's a legendary rivalry and it's the third fight to decide it all. It would be for the title so Conor would still defend.

Winner fights Tony after he starts training smart (and beats Khabib in April) or Khabib after 1 more fight and win to prove he's truly injury free.

Discuss

Even IF either Khabib or Tony had to prove anything ... you're point isn't about skills but whether they make it to the fight .

Conor being a UFC Champion, first and foremost should be about fighting the best. Not about sales figures and trash talk build up to the fight .

Here's the answer.... Book the winner of Khabib / Tony, if there is an injury after the fight is booked THEN call Nate in as a replacement. End of the day Nate is less deserving than BOTH the others for a title shot. Championship fights should be fully based on the fighter that deserves the bout via winning , winning, and winning.

To say Khabib who's undefeated or Tony the interm Champ who's broken the win streak of any LW fighter in UfC history is naive or you're such a Conor lover that you're scared to see him in a fight he has a good chance of losing.

Nate deserves crap. He's a mediocre fighter at best, and they should be paying the fighters that earn thier spots, not some guy that doesn't even fight ever and when he does he loses half the time. If Conner wants to be considered the best, then prove it and fight guys that have earned the spots. People can't help injuries. Shit happens. I wanna know who these 10 fights khabib pulled out of. Cause that's crap. Unless u say.. Oh cowboy said they had contract 3x..which is him talking shit, cause if a signed contract existed then we would have heard about it from someone else than Donald. U act like cowboy would have any chance against khabib.. Which he wouldn't.

Conor should fight someone that hasn’t fought in over 2 years over two active fighters because they are not active enough. Are you retarded?

If he is not holding the belt anymore,why not?
I say let him fight Nate and then IF HE WINS give him the loser of Tony vs Khabups.
And the IF HE WINS a shot at the real LW champion.CD795B6D-1772-453F-99E2-CBA88AE209D8.gif

What in the hell am I looking at here?

This looks like life in a wheelchair waiting to happen, but it also looks like a video posted to show off the exercise. I don't doubt Tony and his team know what they're doing so I'm just a little confused..

I honest to god didn't read anything but the title and from that alone deduced that the OP is a dumbass

Do i need to link you to the 10 fights the motherfucker has pulled out of.
Does this link drastically change somehow if Khabib has the magical 1 more fight after Ferguson you allude to? This weak argument is still this weak argument.

Anyways this whole topic is bullshit conor don't care about deserves and the ball 99% in his court, who or if he fights.

What I am not hearing is what motivates Connor. Besides money, he is a belt collector. He is the linear champ in 2 divisions and only wants to fight when neither belt is at Risk. He fought Diaz twice at 170 but not at 155 so the belt was never at risk even though Diaz wanted the second fight at 155. He then fought Floyd because he has several belts but Connor would again risk none of his. Connor will never fight again in the UFC unless GSP keeps the belt at MWT or Woodley starts to look a little more beatable.

I agree to an extent.

Conor should fight Nate next. But afterward he should be made to fight an actual contender before getting a shot at either Tony or Khabib.

The thing is both Tony and Khabib have pulled out of fights, that's true. But they have both fought twice since Conor last fought.

Conor isn't the champ anymore, and if he were, he's inactive and should be made to prove HIMSELF reliable before sniffing a belt again.
But if he wants circus fights against Diaz and Mayweather, then that's cool too, as long as he doesn't fuck up anymore divisions it's all good.
This

You dont have to worry about that. Conor has been ducking them for two years. Went running from Khabib when he was #1 with a baby excuse. Then Went running from Tony when he was Co-champ and even will to get stripped in order not to fight.

-Khabib imo needs to prove that he's actually here to stay. Dude was with Cain the 2 most inactive fighters ive seen in my life. Dude is always injured. Pulled out of several big fights and you look at this and you're trying to promote the fight and putting several millions on it and then the fights falls apart it's a big blow to the UFC AND Conor, since the last time he didn't mind fighting someone on short notice he lost. It only makes sense. I think if Khabib beats Tony he needs 1 more fight to prove he's actually injury free

-Tony Ferguson also has pulled out of big fights and the way he trains he's a injury waiting to happen. Motherfucker is out there kicking steel pipes plus doing this

They need to put Tony on that UFC Performance Institute and let him train there in a smart way for like 5 or 6 months and then book the Conor fight

-Floyd is an option but i don't think he would ever agree to fight Conor in MMA, i think if Floyd fights in MMA is against a guy like CM Punk so he's not a realistic option

There's only one man

-Nate Diaz I and II were ranked as the 2 biggest fights in history, that's the fight that the fans want to see, that's the fight that will make more sense moneywise for both Conor and the UFC since Nate never pulls out. It's a legendary rivalry and it's the third fight to decide it all. It would be for the title so Conor would still defend.

Discuss
How would he defend against Diaz if he's not the champion

This actually quite a decent troll thread. Not too obvious but still ridiculous enough to bait people lol

Back