Conor McGregor shouldn't fight Tony Ferguson or Khabib next and here is why EDIT: I WAS RIGHT

There's only one man.

-Nate Diaz I and II were ranked as the 2 biggest fights in history, that's the fight that the fans want to see, that's the fight that will make more sense moneywise for both Conor and the UFC since Nate never pulls out. It's a legendary rivalry and it's the third fight to decide it all. It would be for the title so Conor would still defend.

Discuss
image.gif

Conor vs. Nate III is probably the fight to make that would be best for the sport, whether most fighters liked/agreed with it or not.

ts wants Conner to fight a retired journeyman who never held a belt and looked like crap in all his title shots cause he knows that Khabib and Ferguson would pummel his idol.

uhh, no.

If Khabib beats tony that's 2 fights proving he can actually make it to the fight.

He's ready

Book him against Conor

There is no other fight to make

I have no interest in Diaz-McGregor 3.
Nobody does. At least right now.

Those were obviously 2 great fights

People will want to see a trilogy after he's defended against another contender. At which point It will make sense. Nate will always be the guy who gave Conor some of his toughest tests in MMA. That fight will always be there, It's just timing Is everything.

Conor and the UFC are aware of this as well.

conor ko khabib and tony at the same time with a sneak attack ala stone cold

Excellent points, TS

Might as well have Conor X Diaz III w/ full camps rather than Conor X Diaz III on short notice after Khabib/Tony inevitably pull out

ts wants Conner to fight a retired journeyman who never held a belt and looked like crap in all his title shots cause he knows that Khabib and Ferguson would pummel his idol.

Are you talking about the guy who was awarded submission of the year for choking out Conor?

[insert gif here, you know which gif I mean]

I'd like to see Conor fight the 155 and 145 champs first, but I wouldn't mind seeing the trilogy completed.

He'll face Nate for the new 165 belt.... then never defend that belt and be stripped again
Even just a few months ago this would have seemed like a joke thing to say. However this is probably the most likely and spot on thing to happen. Wouldn’t be surprised at all.

He can fight Nate if he wants. Meanwhile khabib or tony, of whom will be champion, can defend the belt against the real #1 contender.

Well.... Mcgregor - Diaz hold the top two spots on the UFC 25. Could see the trilogy happening. Plus there is always a Super-Fight with St Pierre. This is UFC... so whatever will make the most money.

Even just a few months ago this would have seemed like a joke thing to say. However this is probably the most likely and spot on thing to happen. Wouldn’t be surprised at all.

So he would be a three division champion... So it's like he would fight guys three times the size of him?

I heard this somewhere.

Conor vs. Nate III is probably the fight to make that would be best for the sport, whether most fighters liked/agreed with it or not.

No, it would set a very poor precedence, they should invest in the sport and their divisions not a couple of fighters who's future in the sport is uncertain. What you're talking about is shortsighted.

These two can fight each other until they retire or they can both fuck off for all I care, but they cannot continue to sit-out and make abject demands.
If they fight it must be without any belts or titles, however not every good fight has to be done over and over at nausea, we're missing out on fights that are potential much better.
However it's a fight for the causals and masses and with Conor being it for money over all else they're likely looking to make it.

-Khabib imo needs to prove that he's actually here to stay. Dude was with Cain the 2 most inactive fighters ive seen in my life. Dude is always injured. Pulled out of several big fights and you look at this and you're trying to promote the fight and putting several millions on it and then the fights falls apart it's a big blow to the UFC AND Conor, since the last time he didn't mind fighting someone on short notice he lost. It only makes sense. I think if Khabib beats Tony he needs 1 more fight to prove he's actually injury free

-Tony Ferguson also has pulled out of big fights and the way he trains he's a injury waiting to happen. Motherfucker is out there kicking steel pipes plus doing this

They need to put Tony on that UFC Performance Institute and let him train there in a smart way for like 5 or 6 months and then book the Conor fight

-Floyd is an option but i don't think he would ever agree to fight Conor in MMA, i think if Floyd fights in MMA is against a guy like CM Punk so he's not a realistic option

There's only one man

-Nate Diaz I and II were ranked as the 2 biggest fights in history, that's the fight that the fans want to see, that's the fight that will make more sense moneywise for both Conor and the UFC since Nate never pulls out. It's a legendary rivalry and it's the third fight to decide it all. It would be for the title so Conor would still defend.

Winner fights Tony after he starts training smart (and beats Khabib in April) or Khabib after 1 more fight and win to prove he's truly injury free.

Discuss

26veue.jpg

26veym.jpg

Hell fight whoever can get him the most money. Itll be Woodley, GSP or I hate to say it, Floyd again in mma. Doubt hell ever fight Tony or especially Khabib.

Conor/Diaz 3 won't happen for at least a couple more fights.

The most logical opponent right now for Conor is the winner of Ferguson vs Khabib. Tony has rarely pulled out of fights before and if Khabib shows up for his bout with Tony and wins, people need to have faith in him as well to show up against Conor.

-Khabib imo needs to prove that he's actually here to stay. Dude was with Cain the 2 most inactive fighters ive seen in my life. Dude is always injured. Pulled out of several big fights and you look at this and you're trying to promote the fight and putting several millions on it and then the fights falls apart it's a big blow to the UFC AND Conor, since the last time he didn't mind fighting someone on short notice he lost. It only makes sense. I think if Khabib beats Tony he needs 1 more fight to prove he's actually injury free

-Tony Ferguson also has pulled out of big fights and the way he trains he's a injury waiting to happen. Motherfucker is out there kicking steel pipes plus doing this

They need to put Tony on that UFC Performance Institute and let him train there in a smart way for like 5 or 6 months and then book the Conor fight

-Floyd is an option but i don't think he would ever agree to fight Conor in MMA, i think if Floyd fights in MMA is against a guy like CM Punk so he's not a realistic option

There's only one man

Winner fights Tony after he starts training smart (and beats Khabib in April) or Khabib after 1 more fight and win to prove he's truly injury free.

Discuss
Dang u should pull Compe’s weiner out yo mouth

Back