Conor McGregor`s training looks like he is preparing for Khabib Nurmagomedov

Front kick snaps are much much harder to catch. Conor beat Mendes to a deathly exhaustion with his front kicks. How many did Mendes catch again?
3 I think. Didn't go for the takedown off of them tho. Eddie caught 2 but same story.

Diaz has some of the best boxing at either LW or WW, he has an Iron chin, endless cardio, he doesn't give a fuck or get effected by mind games and he can walk through all your punches. Not to mention having some of the best jiu jitsu from a technical standpoint at either division as well. Styles make fights, Nate has the perfect style to fight someone like Conor. That said, Nate gets way less respect than he deserves around these parts. He's stepped up his game a lot over the years.The modern version of Nate Isn't an easy fight for anyone and It's kinda painful the level of disrespect he gets around here just because the thing these days Is discrediting anyone Conor fights. People will realize Nate Is legit as fuck just like they did with Eddie one of these days.

Khabib Is a beast but again, styles make fights..MMA math does not work like that.

Spot on

If you were to draw up the perfect opponent to disrupt Conor, on paper, that would be Nate Diaz.

Nate was Conor's worst match up (even won the first fight) and yet Conor came back 5 months later to outclass the utter crap out of a full camp Nate in the rematch.

UltimateMessyFugu-size_restricted.gif

Look at how much size Conor over came against Nate with superior skill and superior IQ

For Conor to have still done what he did against Nate - out box a Diaz brother - out last and 5 round decision a Diaz brother, it was simply incredible..

Conor's win over Nate is one of the most under rated accomplishments in MMA history

A career FW out boxing a Diaz brother at WW is simply unheard of. It's nuts.

Conor out classed Nate just 2 fights removed from the "best version of Nate" ever putting a clinic on Johnson

Conor haters always leave out how Nate fought for the LW title early on in his career too

Conor is the only fighter to ever drop WW Nate at WW.

Conor never gets the credit and respect he deserves

It's a a damn shame

But as they say, "ignorance"

The realest quote you will ever read

"The UNeducated eye can NOT comprehend the BRILLIANCE of Conor McGregor"

Its the same old BS from haters before and after every Conor fight

"So and so is a god who will expose Conor"

After Conor wins "so and so always sucked"

Watch, these so called fans of Khabib and Tony will be doing the same shit after Conor wrecks Khabib and Tony

"Bu bu but Tony and Khabib" is just the new versions of "bu bu but Mendes and Aldo"

Last edited:
And likewise I will call you out on the BS claims you make, to which there are plenty like this one. You claim something and then a sentence later your words tell a completely different story.
If something is a lost cause, you're essentially saying it sucks. If Conor's TDD is a lost cause, you're saying he sucks at it. I don't know how this is difficult to comprehend.

There's nothing cocky about training to prepare for what someone is strong at. There is nothing stupid about doing it either. Why is he focusing on boxing in an MMA fight...one where he is facing a guy that is specifically a great grappler. I've never heard any camp do that, EVER. He's going to have to stop a takedown unless he can knock out Khabib within a minute. Is that the only way you feel he can win? Is if he knocks Khabib out in a minute, because everything you're saying basically points to Conor needs to focus on hitting the lucky shot or else he is screwed. That's not even giving props, even plenty of self-recognized haters admit Conor could get lucky.

I pointed out your narcissism. I don't like it. Just like you don't like my Conor "fanboyism" I think you're full of yourself and take every opportunity you can to point out "you've trained your whole life", and maybe you have, (if I had to take a guess I'd say it's very limited based off your knowledge here) but they clearly failed to teach you the most fundamental rule and that is the one you seem to knock Conor with all the time - to check your arrogance at the door. That's why I made the original comment, Conor just had to be the said subject at hand.

So yes, that's my problem, it's not really even nothing to with Conor like I said, and why we'll probably never fully see eye-to-eye even when technically do and have.
Is claiming that trading with Conor is a lost cause the same thing as saying your striking sucks? No. It's an honest statement on the difference of skill in that area. I have never said Conor sucks. You're making that up.

Pointing out I love the sport is arrogant? What? Are you being serious? You're the one attacking me and claiming I have no knowledge of the sport. I pointed out that I have experience and take it seriously. That's not arrogant that's just a statement of fact. I even followed it by saying that I am wrong from time to time and still learning. WTF is your deal dude? Is me having an opinion egotistical?

Since this conversation started you've done nothing but shit on while I've been trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. Are you seriously attacking my dedication to MMA (claiming that it's limited) just because of a difference of opinions?

How many FRONT KICKS did Mendes catch (that lead to TDs) ?

I will make it easy for you. The answer is 0 times
Sure but the kicks got caught and that could lead to a TD in another's hands. It's risky and Conor has better options. Low kicks would be safer.

We will see. I think Barboza has a much better jits game than Conor, and showed a lot more resilience than Conor did when giving his back up after a few Diaz punches.

Not sure about Johnson’s game, but he showed a lot of heart.
I dunno. Conor's been a brown belt for 2 years now I believe, training with a marcelo garcia black belt for the past few years as well. I grapple myself, Conor has jits. Lots of guys who actually grapple have shown him love In that sense, Eddie bravo among others. From a defensive standpoint, he's very strong. I haven't really seen much of Barboza's jits, I know he's also a brown belt but he hasn't shown much.

I think Conor's jits is pretty underrated. Most people write It off because he got choked out by Nate, but Nate Is also a legit black belt himself. Levels to everything.

We will see. I think Barboza has a much better jits game than Conor, and showed a lot more resilience than Conor did when giving his back up after a few Diaz punches.

Not sure about Johnson’s game, but he showed a lot of heart.
We are also assuming that Khabib even takes Conor down..thats a noticeable IF

Remember that the best TDD there is, is Conor's footwork and Conor's counters

The threat of Conor's counters>>>>the threat of the takedown

Don't be surprised if Khabib is even more HESITANT (then Conor is of getting taken down) due to Conor's counters and the threat of getting countered by Conor

And IF it does hit the ground, then Conor's grappling is very under rated and Khabib's style of wrestling/grapling actualy even suites Conor....

Khabib isn't a finisher on the ground. He wants to control and batter.....no matter what, this allows Conor to stay in the fight...and every round starts back up standing

Striking it's damn near 90/10 in favor of Conor

Where as on the ground it's maybe 65-35 Khabib

Sure but the kicks got caught and that could lead to a TD in another's hands. It's risky and Conor has better options. Low kicks would be safer.
the kind of kicks Conor throws are more Karate / TKD or traditional martial arts style kicks. Those are quick, land and are thrown differently and are much more difficult to grab and take an opponent down with as opposed to a muay thai style kick. Low kicks are far easier to grab and take an opponent down with.

You can still take someone down from a more karate based/ tkd style kick..but It's much more difficult. Which is part of the reason why you'll see guys like Conor and other fighters employ them even against wrestlers.

MJ never used front kicks on Khabib he threw a few low kicks but much like Edson nothing he threw stopped Khabib from marching forward (he didn't rush in in this fight). His success was from slipping in quick 1-2s and dashing back out of range. He just didn't offer anything to stop Khabib's forward pressure.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on the kicks because I really don't see anything good coming from them. I don't think that he'll have much success with stopping Khabib's pressure with kicks since no one else has either but anything could happen.

I'll counter that by saying the doubles and singles are not the issue. The body lock TDs almost always end up working for him. He just rarely ever starts a chain with them. As for the TDD matter, I really don't think Conor has the strength or clinch game to continuously defend TDs from Khabib without burning himself out. I am giving him credit as a good defensive grappler and a much faster fighter by saying he could probably scramble out of a few potions. It won't be easy but it'll be less tiring that fighting the clinch. And keep in mind that Abel and RDA got out with less damage than most who fight Khabib so scrambling wasn't a bad option for them.

according to his camp he was on route to making weight but they just didn't like the state he was in. Call it a miss if you want but I have to disagree.

Lol you'r straight up ignoring that I said the he has to be accountable for his health. Weight falls into that. And he is taking care of it. He's far lighter now. He has a great nutritionist and a has taken care of his nagging health issues. If he misses weight again then he should move up but as of now he is making the weight easily and looking healthy while doing so.

Khabib is a LW. Tony and Lee are both bigger than Khabib. Eddie cuts from 180 as does Edson. He's fighting guys his size at LW. Everyone at WW (other than maybe Masvidal and RDA) is much bigger than him.

There is no size disparity for him at LW like there was Rumble at WW/MM or Whittaker at WW. Everyone is roughly Khabib's size.

The kicks aren't to stop Khabib's pressure it's to throw him off, and make him pressure at a distance. He has to eat more shots to get in, and it forces him to become uncomfortable at that range which he already is. It's a two sided coin, but so is everything else in MMA. That's why you see most good kickers, guys like Edson not give a fuck and kick anyways, and you see less skilled guys more scared to do it. It's the same as everything in MMA. Conor is obviously not one of those guys that is scared to do it, because he's facing a guy that can take him down, and he's not going to stop.

Conor probably isn't going to win a fight if he has to break out of more than a few grappling exchanges with Khabib. They are going to add up, and even if he survives five rounds, the reality is judges favor grappling much more than striking. Unless Conor is routinely dropping or finishing Khabib in the later rounds, which is still possible but obviously less likely with Conor's gas tank problems, it's kind of pointless.

He was hospitalized for weight-cutting complications. I'm not the only one, practically everyone considers it a missed weight cut.

I never said there wasn't MWs fighting at WW too. I said he's missed weight multiple times and should be forced to move up, like everyone else. One time warning, second time go up and stop trying to kill yourself to make weight. Khabib is a strong guy, he would still out muscle just about everyone at his proper weight class. Hell RDA who is even weaker out muscled Robbie who is one of the biggest and strongest guys at WW. Enough with the excuses. Guy is sized well for the divsiion and is extremely dense.

And sure, there's a few other guys that kill themselves to make weight, but they do it.

The biggest UNDER-statement in the history of sherdog lol

You can tell that it physically hurts haters to give Conor any kind of real credit

That when forced to state the obvious they still try to downplay as much as possible

"Bu just a decent boxer with insane timing. That's all"

1. Conor has legit elite level slick boxing.Name me another MMA fighter who out counters Floyd like this
converted.gif

Heck, not even hall of fame boxers could counyer Floyd like that. YET a 0-0 Conor did.

2. There's many layers to Conor's highly advanced boxing game:

-Fients+Jab mix ups to keep off balance
QUih1y.gif

-Lead hand control (lead hand probing+rhythm manipulation i.e touch touch condition shoot) With lead hand uppercut going underneath Holloway's lead hand, to step out to outside angle to line up the left. That's pure flawless boxing skill.
BBB.gif

-Lead hand control to shut down the jab hand to force out right hand responses, to counter
tumblr_o0x2x6Jfr21upwz95o1_400.gif

Conor has a very highly sophisticated lead hand game/lead hand radar system which serve many purposes.

-Conor being able to still counter fuck from the inside angle
98dW9C.gif

Just look at the way Conor slides and re-positions to line up the left. Flawless countering skill and footwork skill by Conor. No one in MMA history has ever had quicker on the dime reaction speeds and mental on the dime adjustment reaction speeds then Conor. Conor is not even human lol. It's a shame how criminally under appreciated Conor is.

-Conor's many forms of distance deception to create his countering opportunities i.e here is his pull counter
2nrzk3m.gif

Conor leaning head forward off the center line to appear as a closer target tp draw out the jab (in same stance match ups the jab hand is closest to the head and so opponents will typically respond with a jab when the head is leaned in closer) Conor then pulls back and shoots smoothly in one fluid motion

- Here is another counter in Conor's massive arsenal of countering toolbox
NHafz2v.gif

Sublime parry to inside slip over the top counter on a much larger opponent by Conor

-Sublime body work and defense by Conor
vskw2s.gif

-Conor's brilliant pure defensive skill
2vhvjer.gif

-More examples of Conor's sublime body work (+clinch)
2gx2tty.gif
Look how Conor jab feints up high, to misdirect, then goes to the body with a combination. Brilliant IQ by Conor. Conor punching into the clinch. After landing to the body, Conor smartly ties Nate up to stiffle any return fire. Again the brilliant IQ of Conor. Conor never allows opponents to return fire. Conor is either not there in range anymore - has stepped off to the side, moved his head off the center line, or will smartly tie up to stiffle. Conor is the eptiomy of hit and do not get hit (and make miss and make pay too - as Conor is all about countering too). Conor then breaks up on his terms as he lands on the breakaway. Conor is an absolute master of dictating, pure control, and always forcing opponents into his terms on his terms.

- Conor utilising masterful footwork/angles, to off set and turn opponents into disadvantagous positions- into his pull counters. Plus to line up right hook combos off his left counters. Sublime
DirtyIdioticHyrax-size_restricted.gif

Not only have we demonstrated that Conor is the greatest most skilled boxer to have ever competed in MMA at the highest level of MMA.....

Conor is the most complete fundamentally sound boxer in MMA history.

Conor isn't just some "decent boxer with timing"

As I have already demonstrated, Conor boxes brilliantly off the backfoot..Conor can box brilliantly on the front foot...Insane defensive based counter punching genuis...Insane defense....Ironclad Lead hand game...Wonderful fienting game...Is highly effective from all ranges and all positions...angles...mastetful footwork that he also uses to set up counters.....Highly efficient with both hands...etc etc etc etc

3. So not only is Conor a highly sophisticated advanced well rounded fundamentally sound elite level boxer, Conor still does have a solid kicking game - and still has even many more weapons at his disposal.

-Conor's front kick is actually one of his greatest weapons
28gv6nq.gif

In conjuction with Conor's highly sophisticated fienting game
4vmej6.gif
and jab mix ups, the push kick works together to serves many purposes for Conor. Not only to gas out to the body, not only to keep opponents guessing, but to control range as well.

-Elbows
6eg2zt.gif

-Jumping knees
34zbv4l.gif

4. Conor is truly the greatest striker in combat sports history. No one has ever been more complete. No one has ever put together elite level boxing with a solid kicking game like Conor has.

Like I said, its truly a criminal shame how under rated and under appreciated Conor is. People taking Conor for granted will eventually regret it. Enjoy the Conor show. When you watch Conor you are watching the highest level possible of striking. Appreciate .

The realest quote ever

"The UNeducated eye can NOT comprehend the brilliance of Conor McGregor"

I make breakdowns like this, not only to educate, but because I know good posters like @MescalineDreams and @Venom will enjoy. I know the true educated posters like them can recognize and appreciate just how much of a brilliant Bobby Fischer genius Conor is when it comes to pure skill and pure fight IQ

No one in MMA is on Conor's level. No one is even close.

People will be shocked at how easily Conor destroys Khabib. Khabib plays right into Conor's hands. Quick summary, Khabib has major footwork issues against southpaws..plus pressing forward against Conor=prepared to get counter fucked. Conor wrecks both Tony and Khabib. Hopefully then people will be reminded of just how special Conor is

200.gif

the kind of kicks Conor throws are more Karate / TKD or traditional martial arts style kicks. Those are quick, land and are thrown differently and are much more difficult to grab and take an opponent down with as opposed to a muay thai style kick. Low kicks are far more easier to grab and take an opponent down with.

You can still take someone down from a more karate / tkd style kick..but It's much more difficult. Which is part of the reason why you'll see guys like Conor and other fighters employ them even against wrestlers.
Conor gets his legs grabbed off of kicks a fair bit tho. Especially his kid kicks. He hasn't had the same issue with his low kicks.

His low kicks tend to be quick enough to not get grabbed. Same goes for his high kicks. It's only ever the mid kicks that get caught. Finishing a TD off of them is a different story of course but it's just something I took note of.

Spot on

If you were to draw up the perfect opponent to disrupt Conor, on paper, that would be Nate Diaz.

Nate was Conor's worst match up (even won the first fight) and yet Conor came back 5 months later to outclass the utter crap out of a full camp Nate in the rematch.

UltimateMessyFugu-size_restricted.gif

Look at how much size Conor over came against Nate with superior skill and superior IQ

For Conor to have still done what he did against Nate - out box a Diaz brother - out last and 5 round decision a Diaz brother, it was simply incredible..

Conor's win over Nate is one of the most under rated accomplishments in MMA history

A career FW out boxing a Diaz brother at WW is simply unheard of. It's nuts.

Conor out classed Nate just 2 fights removed from the "best version of Nate" ever putting a clinic on Johnson

Conor haters always leave out how Nate fought for the LW title early on in his career too

Conor is the only fighter to ever drop WW Nate at WW.

Conor never gets the credit and respect he deserves

It's a a damn shame

But as they say, "ignorance"

The realest quote you will ever read

"The UNeducated eye can NOT comprehend the BRILLIANCE of Conor McGregor"

Its the same old BS from haters before and after every Conor fight

"So and so is a god who will expose Conor"

After Conor wins "so and so always sucked"

Watch, these so called fans of Khabib and Tony will be doing the same shit after Conor wrecks Khabib and Tony

"Bu bu but Tony and Khabib" are just the new versions of "bu bu but Mendes and Aldo"
Gud Laird

100% fact my brother

Marcelo garcia is prob top 1-2 greatest bjj practitioners that has ever lived. Been a huge fan of his forever. I will say that I don't think It's actually possible to train with a black belt of his and not know what you're doing on the ground.

he's got jits

Lol no. You sound like you know very little.

Traditional low kicks are far easier to not only catch but to counter too

Front kicks to the gut are much much harder to catch.

Reaching to catch one can also leave you insanely open to a step in from the low kick into a strike up top

That's what Robert Whittaker actually loves to do.

Use the front kick to cover distance into a step in strike up top

Its all off the low kick misdirection.

It's a clever disguise to close distance while keeping the opponent pre-occupied while also opening them up, up top.

Opponents will typically react to Whittaker's front kick, then boom Whittaker steps in off his front kick with strikes up top.

It was Whittaker's major weapon in dismantling Romero (another wrestler) Don't be surprised if you see Conor just as lethal with front kicks against Khabib.

The front snap kick is highly effective against wrestlers. Relatively low risk, little threat of getting countered, little risk of getting taken down off it - and can maintain safe distances while hacking away controlling range etc.

Conor used front kicks to dismantle Mendes and gas Mendes out

If opponents think its only Conor's boxing to worry about (and thats still a hell of a lot to deal with - Conor has the best boxing in MMA history) they are in for a suprise because front kicks are actually one of Conor's greatest weapons too

Last edited:
Is claiming that trading with Conor is a lost cause the same thing as saying your striking sucks? No. It's an honest statement on the difference of skill in that area. I have never said Conor sucks. You're making that up.

Pointing out I love the sport is arrogant? What? Are you being serious? You're the one attacking me and claiming I have no knowledge of the sport. I pointed out that I have experience and take it seriously. That's not arrogant that's just a statement of fact. I even followed it by saying that I am wrong from time to time and still learning. WTF is your deal dude? Is me having an opinion egotistical?

Since this conversation started you've done nothing but shit on while I've been trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. Are you seriously attacking my dedication to MMA (claiming that it's limited) just because of a difference of opinions?

I'm not saying Conor should go out there and train how to throw Khabib around, why you are using that strawman?

By your same exact logic, it would be pointless for Khabib to train any striking, specifically striking defense to try and shrink that gap. It's idiotic. That's exactly what Khabib is going to be working on, how to stop Conor so he can employ HIS GAME. Same thing for Conor, how to stop Khabib, so he can employ HIS GAME.

How you seriously can sit there and say "don't train TDD when you're facing Khabib fucking Nurmagomedov" and still consider yourself rational is beyond me, but I'm sure you'll go right ahead and let everyone know you are. lmao

The kicks aren't to stop Khabib's pressure it's to throw him off, and make him pressure at a distance. He has to eat more shots to get in, and it forces him to become uncomfortable at that range which he already is. It's a two sided coin, but so is everything else in MMA. That's why you see most good kickers, guys like Edson not give a fuck and kick anyways, and you see less skilled guys more scared to do it. It's the same as everything in MMA. Conor is obviously not one of those guys that is scared to do it, because he's facing a guy that can take him down, and he's not going to stop.

Conor probably isn't going to win a fight if he has to break out of more than a few grappling exchanges with Khabib. They are going to add up, and even if he survives five rounds, the reality is judges favor grappling much more than striking. Unless Conor is routinely dropping or finishing Khabib in the later rounds, which is still possible but obviously less likely with Conor's gas tank problems, it's kind of pointless.

He was hospitalized for weight-cutting complications. I'm not the only one, practically everyone considers it a missed weight cut.

I never said there wasn't MWs fighting at WW too. I said he's missed weight multiple times and should be forced to move up, like everyone else. One time warning, second time go up and stop trying to kill yourself to make weight. Khabib is a strong guy, he would still out muscle just about everyone at his proper weight class. Hell RDA who is even weaker out muscled Robbie who is one of the biggest and strongest guys at WW. Enough with the excuses. Guy is sized well for the divsiion and is extremely dense.

And sure, there's a few other guys that kill themselves to make weight, but they do it.
I see your point on the kicks but I would like to note a few things. While Edson said fuck it and threw the kicks anyway he specifically stuck to high kicks and low kicks. He rarely threw a mid kick in that fight. He knew he was too quick for Khabib to grab a low kick but limited his arsenal to play it safe. Maybe the risk is worth it but I have my doubts.

Conor's gas tank is exactly why I say stay out of the clinch. Once Khabib is that close he's gonna stick to you at all costs. Clinch work is hell and take everything out of you. Burning himself out in the clinch makes it even harder to get a finish later on. Avoiding the clinch is of course #1 but if it goes down (which it most likely will) I feel more confident in Conor's ability to scramble than in his ability to tough out a clinch.

Like I said Khabib is fighting guys his own size right now. Going up to fight guys bigger than him makes no sense. He's gotten smaller and has made adjustments to his camp. He should be a much more suitable LW build now.

Last edited:
Of course Conor is preparing for Khabib. That's the money fight. The only reason it's not booked yet is because the interim belt is cock-blocking it.

Back