Conor McGregor`s training looks like he is preparing for Khabib Nurmagomedov

Spent 300k on Nate Diaz.

Prolly gonna spend over 3m for Habib.

Lots of wrestling training videos and pictures.
He is training the front kick (to keep the space). The front kick would be kinda useless against Tony. If he fights in Septemer he can prepare himself almost 8 month for one opponent.
McGregor is a smart guy. He has the opportunity to study Khabib against Tony as well and prepare him with a expensive training camp like he did against Nate Diaz.

smesh for champ!
bearwrasslin1.gif

"Pro tip" lmao, the first thing you said was wrong. You're full of yourself, any kick can be caught, and they help create distance, something Khabib greatly struggles with. Maybe he'll catch a front kick, he's not nearly as quick as Chad, slow to circle, but it's possible. That's not a legitimate reason to not throw them. And Conor never got in danger with Chad in front kicks, he battered his body head and kept him having to shoot deep the whole fight.

His TDD is already good. More time is only going to help. Are you seriously advocating for him to not train any wrestling like he did in the Mendes fight? Now someone definitely has their head in their ass and it's not me.

Likewise, it's very obvious who the biased one here is. Not only are biting your finger tips waiting for Conor to be soundly beaten, you're man crush Khabib who you think is a natural LW has the potential to do it. Lmao, you're double biased.
Pro tip is a commonly used phrased often used in a light hearted joking fashion. Not to be viewed in the same light as "take it from a pro". You're full of shit.

Many of Chad TDs on Conor were from catching Mid kicks. Even Eddie and Nate grabbed a few kicks in the early rounds. It is a genuine risk to throw these kinds of kicks against a guy who has a notoriously dominant top game. Conor is good enough at keeping distance without kicks. He's better off not taking the risk.

He's not going to win the ground battle especially not with the people in his camp. Edson had some of the best TDD at LW and a camp full of great wrestlers to help him and he still could not handle it. Keeping the fight standing by other means is a much better option imo.

Conor has good footwork and is the faster fighter. He should work on ground escapes but not TDD. It's a waste of energy in the fight. His best chance of winning is to keep distance and lure Khabib into closing distance faster.

As for the last comment. I'm waiting for Conor to FIGHT. Ya know like a fighter should. I like Conor's fights. He is a good fighter but unlike you I don't obsess over people.

I like Khabib, he's my favorite current LW but I never claim him to be invincible (and he is the same size or smaller that most of the other LWs get over it). Whenever I speak about him fighting Tony I bring up that if he gets kept in guard he could get battered with elbows and subbed. Whenever I bring up Conor I mention that Khabib needs to be cautious lest he gets countered and hurt bad.

I acknowledge that fighters that I like have weaknesses. You throw a hissy fit every time someone has the slightest critique about your boyfriend Conor.

I check my bias when I break down fights. You don't.

Dude I only over see you shitting on Conor's competition, praising Conor like he's a God, or making excuses for him not fighting.

At least I didn't make an account revolving around one guy. Now screw off. I'm in no mood to play with you today.

Shitting on Conor's competition? You mean PRAISING it. I'm the only one who praises it, at least after he wins. Poor guys like Eddie and Nate and if Khabib loses he will certainly join the ranks of fighters that no longer get respect here because they lose to the ultimate fighting bum, Conor McGregor.

Don't sit there and pretend that Conor isn't the basis of 99% of hate here, either to him directly or the fighters involved with him, or fighters that couldn't get the job done.

Shitting on Conor's competition? You mean PRAISING it. I'm the only one who praises it, at least after he wins. Poor guys like Eddie and Nate and if Khabib loses he will certainly join the ranks of fighters that no longer get respect here because they lose to the ultimate fighting bum, Conor McGregor.

Don't sit there and pretend that Conor isn't the basis of 99% of hate here, either to him directly or the fighters involved with him, or fighters that couldn't get the job done.
Dude you still go around pretending that Khabib is the same fighter that fought Tibau. You shit on him constantly.

After Tony won the belt you spent weeks doing nothing but call him a bum.

Conor isn't the source of a lot of the hate here. It's people like you! You're all obnoxious, obsessive, and can't take any criticism. Your lot attack anyone who questions McGregor in the slightest.

I made a simple post with no ill will and you chose to start shit with me. Conor is a great fighter but fans like make everything about him toxic and annoying.

If you lot would just chill out and stop with the Lord Conor/McGOAT/McGod bullshit people would be much friendlier about Conor.

Hell the haters are bad too but that's mainly reactionary. Both side drive me crazy and make anything Conor related fucking irritating.

Dude you still go around pretending that Khabib is the same fighter that fought Tibau. You shit on him constantly.

After Tony won the belt you spent weeks doing nothing but call him a bum.

Conor isn't the source of a lot of the hate here. It's people like you! You're all obnoxious, obsessive, and can't take any criticism. Your lot attack anyone who questions McGregor in the slightest.

I made a simple post with no ill will and you chose to start shit with me. Conor is a great fighter but fans like make everything about him toxic and annoying.

If you lot would just chill out and stop with the Lord Conor/McGOAT/McGod bullshit people would be much friendlier about Conor.

Hell the haters are bad too but that's mainly reactionary. Both side drive me crazy and make anything Conor related fucking irritating.

DAMN! If that's not triggered by Conor I don't know what is!

Shit post. Just saying.
1512592057582.jpg

Pro tip is a commonly used phrased often used in a light hearted joking fashion. Not to be viewed in the same light as "take it from a pro". You're full of shit.

Many of Chad TDs on Conor were from catching Mid kicks. Even Eddie and Nate grabbed a few kicks in the early rounds. It is a genuine risk to throw these kinds of kicks against a guy who has a notoriously dominant top game. Conor is good enough at keeping distance without kicks. He's better off not taking the risk.

He's not going to win the ground battle especially not with the people in his camp. Edson had some of the best TDD at LW and a camp full of great wrestlers to help him and he still could not handle it. Keeping the fight standing by other means is a much better option imo.

Conor has good footwork and is the faster fighter. He should work on ground escapes but not TDD. It's a waste of energy in the fight. His best chance of winning is to keep distance and lure Khabib into closing distance faster.

As for the last comment. I'm waiting for Conor to FIGHT. Ya know like a fighter should. I like Conor's fights. He is a good fighter but unlike you I don't obsess over people.

I like Khabib, he's my favorite current LW but I never claim him to be invincible (and he is the same size or smaller that most of the other LWs get over it). Whenever I speak about him fighting Tony I bring up that if he gets kept in guard he could get battered with elbows and subbed. Whenever I bring up Conor I mention that Khabib needs to be cautious lest he gets countered and hurt bad.

I acknowledge that fighters that I like have weaknesses. You throw a hissy fit every time someone has the slightest critique about your boyfriend Conor.

I check my bias when I break down fights. You don't.

You're whole demeanor is "pro tip".

None of his TD's were from catching ANY kicks either, lmao what are you talking about? Chad countered with doubles off Conor's dipping in looking to counter. The closest thing you could even call a kick is when Conor went for the flying knee and practically jumped into Chad's arms and told him to do your worst. Needless to say, Conor got right back up and that was that. Eddie didn't get any take downs. Nate got one off an awkward kick of his own that allowed him to catch Conors leg.

There's always risk with doing anything in MMA, especially kicks.Any kick can be caught, not a reason to not throw kicks.

Edson couldn't handle it because he couldn't keep Khabib off him. What the fuck is the point of takedown defense if you can't abuse your opponent after you get him off you which Edson did plenty of times, to which other fights have done plenty of times. Hell poor Darrell Horcher straight off from work managed to defend a takedown. It's not like if Khabib touches you, you're going down.

To sit there and act like trying to defend takedowns from Khabib is a lost cause is idiotic, and even going to extent of not training for it is even more idiotic.

Conor's got plenty of good grapplers in his camp, and I'm sure he's more than capable of finding even more if need be. He certainly doesn't have any good strikers, and he's never had a problem with that. Conor's has more than an adequate resources to train for Khabib.

Lmao, who the fuck is Khabib smaller than? He's missed weight multiple times, by definition he's not a LW. Has a 75% success rate at making weight, and even less if count the last four years since turning 25. lmao, what kind of joke is that?

And I acknowledge Conor has weaknesses too, especially when fighting a very strong WW like Khabib. The fight seems to be a very 50/50 split, I've even said this is Conor's most difficult fight and stated multiple times it's my favorite fight to make because of the two guys involved. When someone can give Conor a little bit of credit, it becomes very clear I'm the least biased person here.

I also have no problem with people critiquing Conor, I do it all the time. However, straight up lying like everyone does here is not ok, and I won't sit by and not call it out!

How would that type of training NOT be helpful against Ferguson as well? Tony has submitted his last several opponents on the ground.

The closest thing you could even call a kick is when Conor went for the flying knee and practically jumped into Chad's arms and told him to do your worst.

Nate got one off an awkward kick of his own that allowed him to catch Conors leg.

Khabib by definition he's not a LW.

And I acknowledge Conor has weaknesses too, especially when fighting a very strong WW like Khabib. I'm the least biased person here.

I also have no problem with people critiquing Conor...However, straight up lying like everyone does here...
You.
Are.
Fucking.
Delusional.
1512592057582.jpg

until an official announcement.

that being said, i wonder how Mcg will cope with Khabib's pressure. I think Mcg has some kind of advantage if he fight khabib since he only does wrestling (GOOD wrestling) and nothing else.

None of his TD's were from catching ANY kicks either, lmao what are you talking about? Chad countered with doubles off Conor's dipping in looking to counter. The closest thing you could even call a kick is when Conor went for the flying knee and practically jumped into Chad's arms and told him to do your worst. Needless to say, Conor got right back up and that was that. Eddie didn't get any take downs. Nate got one off an awkward kick of his own that allowed him to catch Conors leg.

There's always risk with doing anything in MMA, especially kicks.Any kick can be caught, not a reason to not throw kicks.

Edson couldn't handle it because he couldn't keep Khabib off him. What the fuck is the point of takedown defense if you can't abuse your opponent after you get him off you which Edson did plenty of times, to which other fights have done plenty of times. Hell poor Darrell Horcher straight off from work managed to defend a takedown. It's not like if Khabib touches you, you're going down.

To sit there and act like trying to defend takedowns from Khabib is a lost cause is idiotic, and even going to extent of not training for it is even more idiotic.

Conor's got plenty of good grapplers in his camp, and I'm sure he's more than capable of finding even more if need be. He certainly doesn't have any good strikers, and he's never had a problem with that. Conor's has more than an adequate resources to train for Khabib.

Lmao, who the fuck is Khabib smaller than? He's missed weight multiple times, by definition he's not a LW. Has a 75% success rate at making weight, and even less if count the last four years since turning 25. lmao, what kind of joke is that?

And I acknowledge Conor has weaknesses too, especially when fighting a very strong WW like Khabib. The fight seems to be a very 50/50 split, I've even said this is Conor's most difficult fight and stated multiple times it's my favorite fight to make because of the two guys involved. When someone can give Conor a little bit of credit, it becomes very clear I'm the least biased person here.

I also have no problem with people critiquing Conor, I do it all the time. However, straight up lying like everyone does here is not ok, and I won't sit by and not call it out!

stop doing crack while posting here.

GrouchyUntimelyJapanesebeetle-size_restricted.gif

Khabib try’s to walk Connor down like he did Michael Johnson, he gets tagged and it’s over. MJ had him very wobbly, that same shot from Connor puts him unconscience on the mat seeing virgins in the light.

Thinking the guy that has knocked out 18/24 of his opponents is going to do it again is delusional? The only delusional one here is you.

And Edson Barboza is somehow an amateur striker?

I don't know how many time we have to say this , but here it is again: elite strikers are not what it takes to beat someone like Khabib. It will take an NCAA or even Olympic level wrestler or someone with Damian Maias BJJ to hang with Khabib on the ground. Strikers don't do SHIT against khabib as as soon as he closes distance and gets his hands on them, the fight is essentially over.

I'm not saying Conor is a bad fighter. But let's be honest: he's extremely one dimensional. Great striker with an elite left, but when had that even remotely worked against khabib ? And conor is arguably the worst grapples or wrestler khabib has faced in the UFC so far.

It Will be a mauling man. Count on it

Mendes caught kicks opening space to go for TDs more than once. Per usual the double leg was his main weapon, you are correct in that.

Kicking is an unnecessary risk against Khabib. You're giving him more chances to take you down without having to close distance. If you don't kick than he has to pressure forward which will give you more chances to land big punches. If Conor doesn't kick and instead uses his superior footwork to force Khabib to rush in he would have much more success.

The issue everyone Khabib has fought had with him isn't the first TD he's a superb chain wrestler. Once they go down once they always get passive and end up getting caught up in the pressure and his chain. He has shown to be able to keep people down for entire rounds in many situations. He did so with Edson in the second and MJ every single round.

Defending the TD burns through your gas tank and is ultimately a waste. Working on sweeps and escapes from bottom is what helped Edson more than anything else (That and limiting his ability to shoot for doubles due to that flying knee). Focusing on that instead of burning yourself out trying to beat Khabib in the clinch is a far better option. You have to be an idiot to suggest otherwise.

Once Khabib has a body lock you are already fighting a losing battle. Even if you get away you are draining yourself doing so. Scrambles and proper guard work is the key to beating Khabib. Never did I say not to train for the ground. I said to train for escapes/scrambles rather than TDD.

Training for Khabib is hard because he has a very specific skill set and an unconventional grappling style. You can absolutely train for him but getting someone to properly replicate it is difficult. It's like trying to find another fast lanky southpaw counter puncher who fights out of TKD and Karate stances. It's a very specific skill set that is tricky to find.

Tony and Lee are both bigger than Khabib. Edson is probably the same or a bit bigger. The rest are about his size excluding Dustin and Conor.

Khabib has missed weight once in 25 fights. The rest are injuries. He should be more responsible and take better care of his body so he can get back to fighting 3 times a year.

I've been giving Conor credit and even laying out how I think he wins and you still ignore what I'm saying and claim that I'm insulting him. You are delusional and your bias is blatant. And I have not said a single lie! You just Don't like what I have to say so you try to brush me off.

I am willing to start over with you and have a legit discussion about how this fight could go if you stop trying to start shit with me every time I critique Conor. I like Conor as a fighter and have always giving him respect. However, I will not stand here and ignore flaws in his game and logic.

No way in hell should this guy get to wait until September to fight. He should have long since been stripped by then.
as much as i dislike conor, let's be honest here. They're not gonna strip him at all.

what i do think is BS, is that he should have to fight both tony and nurmy. Not have them fight each other to avoid fighting one.

No amount of wrestling training will help him once khabib gets a hold of him.

If the UFC can finally get a deal done so many people will make the mistake of counting him out. He has really embarrassed people that have counted him out before.

Just review

Aldo
Eddie
Chad
Nate in the rematch

All supposed to beat him..

Back