Conor McGregor ; New Version Compared To Old Version

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
View attachment 450841
Where was this wide bouncy foot work in and out movement? He was smiling and laughing while in a striking exchange with someone who hadn't lost for 10 years
View attachment 450843
Where was dark eyed lazer focused Conor in the walkout?
View attachment 450845
He could barely make eye contact with the camera in the 229 walkout and his focus was elsewhere
View attachment 450847
It seems like this was no longer a "this is my octagon" kind of ritual that he did before 229, he was just going through the motions
View attachment 450853

There was definitely something much different in McGregors focus for this fight and it showed

I don't think he could find his own pace. Thoughts?
100000000% agree.

The reality is, he is older, had 2 kids (one legitimate) - so his testosterone plummeted and his estrogen is going up, he lost the hunger as he accomplished all his dreams, he took a ton of time off, he boozed like crazy and did drugs, he partied 1.5 years away of his prime athletic life, and then he spent the other time preparing to box Floyd, not wrestling, not doing BJJ and that is what happens when you fight Khabib. Meanwhile, Khabib has two kids but his wife and the fam take care of them in their bee keeper suits while Khabib trains with other like minded sober people.

If Khabib made 100 million, spent two years boxing, drugging, boozing, whoring around, chances are 100% that he too (and anyone) would be off. Conor is only human and the writing was on the all, and it was code red when he was missing bits and fucking head kicked Roddy doing pad work.

Khabib fucked him up on the feet in every exchange, he's not the conor mcgregor i used to know

Consider a few things then, to expand the scope of what you think about in a fight.

This is his third fight at LW, with a bigger, stronger man.
Khabib's wrestling is unlike ANY fighter he's faced before, so extra caution is needed.
Conor may have gotten tired after the early takedown and grind.
TBH he may have ring rust as well.

See none of this involves screenshots and zooming at his face to "read" his emotions.

100000000% agree.

The reality is, he is older, had 2 kids (one legitimate) - so his testosterone plummeted and his estrogen is going up, he lost the hunger as he accomplished all his dreams, he took a ton of time off, he boozed like crazy and did drugs, he partied 1.5 years away of his prime athletic life, and then he spent the other time preparing to box Floyd, not wrestling, not doing BJJ and that is what happens when you fight Khabib. Meanwhile, Khabib has two kids but his wife and the fam take care of them in their bee keeper suits while Khabib trains with other like minded sober people.

If Khabib made 100 million, spent two years boxing, drugging, boozing, whoring around, chances are 100% that he too (and anyone) would be off. Conor is only human and the writing was on the all, and it was code red when he was missing bits and fucking head kicked Roddy doing pad work.

yeah that open workout was fucking insane. his striking didn't seem that clean at all.

I wanna see Conor take a half a year off, focus on old school training (running and jump roping) and then come back with SUPER DARK eyes like he had for 202 and 205 so he can come back in true form

Consider a few things then, to expand the scope of what you think about in a fight.

This is his third fight at LW, with a bigger, stronger man.
Khabib's wrestling is unlike ANY fighter he's faced before, so extra caution is needed.
Conor may have gotten tired after the early takedown and grind.
TBH he may have ring rust as well.

See none of this involves screenshots and zooming at his face to "read" his emotions.

it actually does. u can tell somebody is focused by watching their demeanor and looking at their face he was not lazer focused like he was in msg so he wasn't as focused in the striking which is why his timing was off (his coach said this)

My thoughts are you are just playing the same YouTube tinfoil hatter games that every overzealous fan of anything does when they don't have clear answers and want them.
Whatever the answer is, you won't get it from screenshots and armchair body language analysis.
Not rocket science: when you have a newborn and are around it, your estrogen levels jack and your t falls. When you don't do MMA for 1.75 years, your tools dull down. When you drink your ass off and take drugs, party with hookers, it takes years off your life. When you turn 30, you don't feel as good as you did at 25.

I don't say he was off from the fight, but rather the whole build up and especially the pad work. Everyone, except nut huggers, were saying he looked like garbage - even kicked Roddy in the head. Getting old, drinking, drugging, partying takes years off anyone, I don't care who you are.

shut up.. any version of Conor would have still lost.
Both can be true. He can still look off, not be as sharp as he was and still lose to Khabib, That is what I thought. This was also the first fight we saw of him as a Dad, right? I might be off but it is close.

Not rocket science: when you have a newborn and are around it, your estrogen levels jack and your t falls. When you don't do MMA for 1.75 years, your tools dull down. When you drink your ass off and take drugs, party with hookers, it takes years off your life. When you turn 30, you don't feel as good as you did at 25.

I don't say he was off from the fight, but rather the whole build up and especially the pad work. Everyone, except nut huggers, were saying he looked like garbage - even kicked Roddy in the head. Getting old, drinking, drugging, partying takes years off anyone, I don't care who you are.

i think his sparring was a bit fucked up too. he got a black eye and it just seemed like he was in this "war" mentality where taking shots to the chin was nothing

if u watch that sparring video where he walks towards the partner in a gorilla stance and goes to the body u can tell hes not trying to be clean or precise, hes just winging shit at that point

it actually does. u can tell somebody is focused by watching their demeanor and looking at their face he was not lazer focused like he was in msg so he wasn't as focused in the striking which is why his timing was off (his coach said this)

But judging from mere screenshots is next to useless. That's my point.

At different points you could see him make different faces in other fights similar to this. Once they get into the ring it's easier to see whether someone is focused or not.

Weak excuses

Against Aldo he was moving in and out, forward and back

Conor's lateral movement is terrible and Khabib exploited it 15 seconds into the fight and took him into cardio hell

via GIPHY
See more GIFs

dude he wouldn't even be able to get in on conor if he was going in and out, conor would've dug an uppercut in there

But judging from mere screenshots is next to useless. That's my point.

At different points you could see him make different faces in other fights similar to this. Once they get into the ring it's easier to see whether someone is focused or not.

yo show me some of these screenshots where he looks the same

Which is why I implied that in my reply to Tomas.

What I am getting at Tomas for, and he seems to not realize, is he's screenshotting and judging from those pictures like he's discovered something.

i think his sparring was a bit fucked up too. he got a black eye and it just seemed like he was in this "war" mentality where taking shots to the chin was nothing

if u watch that sparring video where he walks towards the partner in a gorilla stance and goes to the body u can tell hes not trying to be clean or precise, hes just winging shit at that point
The reality is, he ids probably done, bro. I whole heartedly agree he looked off in all the footage, preflight talk (first time he questioned his prediction), just his over all appearance (I call it Conor on Klonoin), but he is rich AF, reached all his dreams of becoming champ champ and hundred millionaire and that hunger has gone. I am still sure that doing all that drinking and drugging seriously fucked with his precision and sharpness. You can't fuck around with substances like that and expect to be 100% - just look at Mark Kerr.

You're looking too far into it. He got his ass beat, he simply lost to a better fighter.

yo show me some of these screenshots where he looks the same

Okay I'm not going to go to a dozen Conor videos to show varying gazes in his eyes and the way he holds his head, etc. You should be able to do that. He isn't super cocky in all of them. I'm sure that isn't too hard to believe. The videos are out there.

Which is why I'm saying you can attribute his failure to things we know about his personal life and how he is known to have trained for this. Dude you even liked a post that replied to me about Conor's new child probably contributing to his decline. YES! that goes along with my point nicely.

The way you've presented your OP is here are a few juxtaposed screenshots.....now here's my conclusion, from like 4 pictures.

Which is why I implied that in my reply to Tomas.

What I am getting at Tomas for, and he seems to not realize, is he's screenshotting and judging from those pictures like he's discovered something.

its an observation u old fuck

McNuggets need to stfu with their crying and excuses already.. A dose of reality just neck cranked them into Bolivian and they still live in denial

Khabib is a better fighter than Conor, deal with it and move on

Back