Conor McGregor is the best case of you're only as good as your last fight

Lawblaw

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I know that every fighter experiences that, but none to the extent of Conor McGregor

When he loses, he's a can, he was never that good, all his wins were flukes and he'd lose the rematch to any of them
When he wins, he really is special, he's amazing, that left hand doe

I know that every fighter experiences that, but none to the extent of Conor McGregor

When he loses, he's a can, he was never that good, all his wins were flukes and he'd lose the rematch to any of them

Well, that might simply be because no other fighter has the same amount of exposure, interest etc than McGregor has.

He's the best example of a fighter who's as good as one whose last win was in 2016

Popped three alpha brains I'm sweating!

BS.

The holes in his game have always been there and if exploited he looks bad and can lose. He's no good on the ground, has a poor gas tank and his defensive wrestling isn't great.

Nate 1 and 2 showed how good he is (or isn't) but Aldo and Eddie were great wins.
The Mayweather fight showed that MMA is vastly inferior to actual boxing in a boxing match.

Conor has been getting exposed since Nate.

Every time he gets his ass kicked it's just another nail in the coffin.

Nope.

His fans pretend that he’s GOAT-level, so when he wins, they feel free to spout their nonsense.

Other people—who his fan call “haters”—always knew he wasn’t GOAT-level for reasons too obvious to mention.

His fans don’t like how it feels to have to come back to reality, so they overreact to obvious facts and objective assessments.

Is normal.

Conor’s not a can. He’s a very talented and exciting fighter and a fantastic athlete. He is also a one-dimensional hype job.

Don't think I've ever called him a can. Though he's nothing special either.
And this has been my thoughts of him for years...

Featherweights and glass chins will be exposed by his fast punch. LW's who can take a punch, and specially those with a ground game to speak of, are ahead of him.

He lost to nate, floyd, khabib, artemij and joseph. Its just not really possible to call him special when you got guys like jon jones, khabib, gsp, anderson, and even dc who has one loss to a drug user (one nc ofc)

Back