"Conor McGregor is a way better fighter than Canelo Alvarez" --- Floyd Mayweather

Floyd is a defensive fighter, what got him to where he is(Undefeated) is he never underestimates any opponent, that includes Conor. Floyd feels them out early in the fight. He turtles up because that part of his style, the philly shell. Obviously if Floyd doesn't play any defense whatsoever, the button is the button, it can be pressed by anyone. So its silly to suggest that because Floyd didn't fight the fight with his chin out the whole fight like he is Mayorga or something, it means he respects Conor's hands. What you saw early on in the fight was Floyd not underestimating his opponent, that was a moment Floyd was deciding whether or not he needed to be wary of Conor's power or not. & then Floyd decided he didn't need to be wary, I'll explain why.

The number one lesson all boxers learn is, "keep your hands up at ALL TIMES." That is something Floyd has done with every opponent he has ever fought, he has kept his hands up. That is why Floyd is one of the best defensive fighters of all time. Putting you hands down in Boxing is the biggest way you can show you don't respect your opponents hands. That was the ultimate disrespect Floyd gave Conor when he put his hands down and walked forward with a smile on his face.
8Vpa4x3.gif

Floyd doesn't respect Conor's hands, he would have never walked forward with his hands down at any point of the fight if he did. He didn't do these things to Pacquiao, Canelo, or a lot of the fighters he has fought. He did it to Conor.

With that said, Conor did do better than expected, that doesn't mean Floyd respects his hands. & I've never said Floyd could take Conor out at any time, so I don't know why you are telling me that. That isn't Floyd's style. But Floyd was always in control of that fight, including when Floyd was being defensive early.
I never suggested Floyd should fight differently, I know how he wins. I've watched him since he fought Zab an Arturo. I just know lots of ppl that try to claim Floyd carried Connor 10 rds. Connor won 4 rds imo (1-3 an the 8th) an Floyd I bet thought he was only gona lose the first 2 rds at most

Back