Conor McGregor has 2 title wins in 2 divisions in under 2 rounds against 2 all time greats:

He’s one of the greatest LWs of all time, not the GOAT. I never said he was the GOAT. Those guys are GOATs.

OK, but the thread says "All time great"

We need to define "All time greats" I guess.

shit... these people really don't know who Eddie Alvarez is, uh?

/edit:
MFC WW Champ
Bellator LW Champ x2
UFC LW Champ

+ the level of competition he has faced? Man... People keep overlooking that boy like mad.

If Khabib loses

Same deal. He sucks always did. Tony will beat Conor..

Conner's win over Eddie was very impressive, but Eddie has been fighting since 2003 and is well past his prime. Much the same is true for Conner's win over Aldo. When it's 2023 and Conner is KOed by a youngster, it won't mean that much.

That's your criteria?

So we're putting him in the same category as GSP, Fedor, Jones, Silva???

ONE of the best LW's of his era... ok sure. A GOAT? LMAOOOOO
An all time great and the all time greatest aren't the same thing.

No.

Conor was stripped of a title he refused to defend.

He's fortunate that Khabib is granting him this opportunity.
Mhm he's fortunate that Khabib chose to get rich by fighting him lol. Beating Al Iaquinta doesn't make you the champ, Khabib's a paper champ unless he beats Mcgregor.

He’s one of the greatest LWs of all time, not the GOAT. I never said he was the GOAT. Those guys are GOATs.

I mean.. I guess I can agree with that.

I'd take Penn, LW Edgar, Benson, Gomi, and I'm guessing Ferg and Khabib over him by the time its said and done.

I'd take Penn, LW Edgar, Benson, Gomi, and I'm guessing Ferg and Khabib over him by the time its said and done.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

There shows your inability to comprehend MMA. And you "like Eddie"???

You could make the case for BJ and Frankie, but if it's not P4P I probably have Eddie over Frankie and BJ as a result. RDA should be in there as well. That's virtually it. Maybe throw in Anthony to round out the top 5.

I imagine the new LWs will break in there as well, but so far they've all been ducking each other.

Benson and Gomi aren't even in the discussion. LOL

Mhm he's fortunate that Khabib chose to get rich by fighting him lol. Beating Al Iaquinta doesn't make you the champ, Khabib's a paper champ unless he beats Mcgregor.

Khabib didn't win the title and then run away to fight some non-top 10 LW. He also didn't win the title and then run away on maternity leave.

Bottom line, if Conor makes it to this fight (I have my doubts), there is no way he isn't leaving without his shit getting pushed in so far he'll need tic tacs. But as I alluded to in the brackets above, Conor is going to do something to make this fight not happen. He's going to do something retarded at the presser of some other confrontation. And he's going to do it because he's scared.

Khabib didn't win the title and then run away to fight some non-top 10 LW. He also didn't win the title and then run away on maternity leave.

Bottom line, if Conor makes it to this fight (I have my doubts), there is no way he isn't leaving without his shit getting pushed in so far he'll need tic tacs. But as I alluded to in the brackets above, Conor is going to do something to make this fight not happen. He's going to do something retarded at the presser of some other confrontation. And he's going to do it because he's scared.
Who was the non top 10 LW? If you're referring to Nate he was top 5 and a replacement for RDA (the champ at that time). Conor has never pulled out of a fight, he wouldn't have signed on to fight if he was going to back out.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

There shows your inability to comprehend MMA. And you "like Eddie"???

You could make the case for BJ and Frankie, but if it's not P4P I probably have Eddie over Frankie and BJ as a result. RDA should be in there as well. That's virtually it. Maybe throw in Anthony to round out the top 5.

I imagine the new LWs will break in there as well, but so far they've all been ducking each other.

Benson and Gomi aren't even in the discussion. LOL

You'd throw in Anthony but not Frankie Edgar or Gomi?

That's... interesting.

Edit.. I meant Ben.

Ferg and Alvarez would be a war of attrition. Alvarez has been in too many wars and, nowadays, he might get finished late.

I think Alvarez has the tools to decision Bendo, but knowing Bendo’s history, he could take a split decision.

There was a time when Alvarez had really good in/out movement, that version of him could beat Gomi but he’d probably get clipped too. Gomi became wild and reliant on one punch late in his career. There was a time when he systemically broke his opponent’s down. That was a good LW.

I know a lot of people won’t agree with me on this but I think Eddie is a good stylistic matchup against Khabib. I’ll leave it at that.

As far as BJ goes, Alvarez would work BJ like Edgar did but his tendency to get dropped will hurt him and get him subbed.

Ferg and Alvarez would be a war of attrition. Alvarez has been in too many wars and, nowadays, he might get finished late.

I think Alvarez has the tools to decisions Bendo, but knowing Bendo’s history, he could take a split decision.

There was a time when Alvarez had really good in/out movement, that version of him could beat Gomi but he’d probably get clipped too. Gomi became wild and reliant on one punch late in his career. There was a time when he systemically broke his opponent’s down. That was a good LW.

I know a lot of people won’t agree with me on this but I think he is a good stylistic matchup for Khabib. I’ll leave it at that.

As far as BJ goes, Alvarez would work BJ like Edgar did but his tendency to get dropped will hurt him and get him subbed.

But we're talking about all time greats.

Jon Jones would literally murder Liddell in a fight. That doesn't take anything away from Lidells greatness.

Also Alvarez vs. Bendo might be a judges worst nightmare. Lol

In Aldo and Alvarez.

Yet there are still people who think this guy isn't any good.

Yes, you read that correctly. There are MMA fans, miraculously, who believe he is a fraud.

Does any other sport have fans who are so bitter and hateful that they lose all sense of perspective? I fear for Khabib because he is going to get branded as "useless", "bum" if (when?) he loses to McGregor, just like all of McGregor's previous opponents.

Sad state of affairs, gents. Because McGregor is truly elite.

mcgregor-aldo-gif-1.gif

giphy.gif
You can see Alvarez there at the end waving his hands, no more....basically tapped to strikes

In Aldo and Alvarez.

Yet there are still people who think this guy isn't any good.

Yes, you read that correctly. There are MMA fans, miraculously, who believe he is a fraud.

Does any other sport have fans who are so bitter and hateful that they lose all sense of perspective? I fear for Khabib because he is going to get branded as "useless", "bum" if (when?) he loses to McGregor, just like all of McGregor's previous opponents.

Sad state of affairs, gents. Because McGregor is truly elite.

mcgregor-aldo-gif-1.gif

giphy.gif
You're on Shertard.com. The dumbest fucking idiots on the planet post on this forum. The average IQ on here is probably 85.

McGregor could beat the shit out of Khabib for 5 straight rounds and KO him and they'll still say McGregor isn't good. The people on here are that fucking dumb.

I would like to say, maybe I overreacted to the "all time greats" comment. I really do like Eddie so I didn't meant to come off like I think he sucks.

He's top 10 LW of all time. So he isn't a chump. I just don't think his resume is "all time greats" material.

You'd throw in Anthony but not Frankie Edgar or Gomi?

That's... interesting.

Edit.. I meant Ben.

You have Benson over Anthony who mauled him twice and was clearly the better fighter?

The Gomi mention is just a joke. Another overrated Japanese LW that fought when there was only them and fucking Pulver LOL. I wouldn't even call him the best one either. Should not at all be in any LW GOAT discussion that's for sure.

Back