Conor McGregor = GOAT

10/10 Post, all 100% fact.
tenor.gif

Jones was disqualified because of illegal elbows.

GSP completely embarrassed Serra in the rematch.

But nice try.

{<hhh]

A loss is a loss is a loss. Fans can attempt to weave different narratives but it doesn't change the L on their records.

The bottom line is everyone in the MMA GOAT conversation has losses, therefore having losses is not a condition that disqualifies someone from GOAT conversation, otherwise you can only include undefeated fighters like Khabib, who has never even sold a single 500k PPV and cannot therefore qualify in UFC GOAT conversation.

A loss is a loss is a loss. Fans can attempt to weave different narratives but it doesn't change the L on their records.

The bottom line is everyone in the MMA GOAT conversation has losses, therefore having losses is not a condition that disqualifies someone from GOAT conversation, otherwise you can only include undefeated fighters like Khabib, who has never even sold a single 500k PPV and cannot therefore qualify in UFC GOAT conversation.
How you lost, If you dominated your opponent in a rematch or struggled to get a win etc.. It's not only about what's written on paper. But either way, Conor is obviously not in that conversation.

Either way, Conor is obviously not in that conversation.

Conor is obviously the UFC GOAT.

Before Conor came along GSP and Silva were the arguable UFC GOATs, and they were the highest/2nd highest paid UFC fighter career wise. Now Conor has completely surpassed both of them, there can be no doubt he's the GOAT UFC PRIZE fighter.

Like I've said before, you can look at any other pro sport, and the athlete who made the most amount of money in his career compared to anyone else in his generation is always in the GOAT conversation for his generation. No exceptions. MJ: GOAT pay, GOAT basketball player. Serena Williams: GOAT pay, GOAT tennis player. Wayne Gretzky: GOAT pay (for his generation), GOAT hockey player. Tiger Woods: GOAT pay, GOAT golfer. Conor McGregor: GOAT pay, GOAT MMA fighter....I could go on.

Conor is obviously the UFC GOAT.

Before Conor came along GSP and Silva were the arguable UFC GOATs, and they were the highest/2nd highest paid UFC fighter career wise. Now Conor has completely surpassed both of them, there can be no doubt he's the GOAT UFC PRIZE fighter.

Like I've said before, you can look at any other pro sport, and the athlete who made the most amount of money in his career compared to anyone else in his generation is always in the GOAT conversation for his generation. No exceptions. MJ: GOAT pay, GOAT basketball player. Serena Williams: GOAT pay, GOAT tennis player. Wayne Gretzky: GOAT pay (for his generation), GOAT hockey player. Tiger Woods: GOAT pay, GOAT golfer. Conor McGregor: GOAT pay, GOAT MMA fighter....I could go on.
giphy.gif

Do you always contradict people on purpose?

When people say UFC GOAT, they are refering to skills, opponents beaten, title defenses. The best fighter. Not the most popular fighter or the one who has sold the most PPVs.

But if you want to play dumb, whatever.

giphy.gif

Do you always contradict people on purpose?

Huh? OP said Conor is the GOAT, and I'm agreeing with him. You're the one playing devil's advocate for the sake of arguing.

When people say UFC GOAT, they are refering to skills, opponents beaten, title defenses. The best fighter. Not the most popular fighter or the one who has sold the most PPVs.

And? The same can be said for any other sport, and yet in all the examples I mentioned above, the GOATs are also the ones who get GOAT career pay. It's literally 1 to 1 correlation without fail. So instead of doing a detailed breakdown of skills and strength of schedule, it's much easier to simply look at the career pay, which is much more easily and objectively quantifiable, if you want to identify someone who's in the GOAT conversation. I'm not saying Conor's pay makes him GOAT, I'm saying in all other sports, GOAT is tied to GOAT pay, and since Conor has GOAT pay, he must also be actual GOAT, or at least in GOAT conversation, unless if you want to claim MMA is the sole exception in all sports, which makes no sense.

I'm not saying Conor's pay makes him GOAT, I'm saying in all other sports, GOAT is tied to GOAT pay, and since Conor has GOAT pay, he must also be actual GOAT
Do you even read yourself?

First you say he's the UFC GOAT, then you say maybe he is because pay = GOAT in other sports... You're all over the place buddy.

Try thinking about the shit you say before you say it just for the sake of arguing.

MMA is not like every other sport. All the sports you mentionned don't function on a PPV format. In those sports, players who are the most talented get paid the most, simple as that. In MMA it's the fighter that can sell the most that gets paid the most.

Anyway, I don't know why I even took the time to argue with you on this. At this point I just think you are autistic or trolling.

Do you even read yourself?

First you say he's the UFC GOAT, then you say maybe he is because pay = GOAT in other sports... You're all over the place buddy.

The logic is crystal clear, you're just not following because you lack training in basic logic deduction, that's why you couldn't work out the basic math stuff the other day.

In all other sports, GOAT or someone in GOAT conversation is associated with GOAT pay. Conor has GOAT pay in UFC, therefore he's UFC GOAT. Logic 101

MMA is not like every other sport. All the sports you mentionned don't function on a PPV format. Players who are the most talented get paid the most simple as that.

Boxing has PPV format. Highest paid boxer of the current generation is Floyd Mayweather, who is in GOAT conversation. What's the problem? If you want to claim otherwise you have to show proof that MMA is completely different from every other pro sport out there, boxing included, that it is the single unique sport where GOAT pay does not correlate with someone in the GOAT conversation which is beyond far fetched, ESPECIALLY since prior to Conor, the GOAT in UFC was bewtween Silva and GSP, recipients of GOAT UFC career pays (before Conor).

So basically you're saying not only is MMA different from all other sports including boxing, post-Conor MMA is also different from pre-Conor MMA, which had the GOAT pay - GOAT correlation. What logical sense does it make?

All other non PPV pro sports: GOAT pay recipient = someone in GOAT conversation
Boxing, a PPV based combat sport: GOAT pay recipient = someone in GOAT conversation
MMA, before Conor came along: GOAT pay recipient = someone in GOAT conversation
MMA, after Conor came along: GOAT pay recipient =/= someone in GOAT conversation ????

Anyway, I don't know why I even took the time to argue with you on this. At this point I just think you are autistic or trolling.

Your strategy when you lose argument is to threaten to report or call people autistic/trolling. It's embarrassing. I present nothing but impeccable logic and you are just grasping at straws at this point. You're just a blind Conor hater who wants to discredit everything.

The logic is crystal clear, you're just not following because you lack training in basic logic deduction, that's why you couldn't work out the basic math stuff the other day.

In all other sports, GOAT or someone in GOAT conversation is associated with GOAT pay. Conor has GOAT pay in UFC, therefore he's UFC GOAT. Logic 101

Boxing has PPV format. Highest paid boxer of the current generation is Floyd Mayweather, who is in GOAT conversation. What's the problem? If you want to claim otherwise you have to show proof that MMA is completely different from every other pro sport out there, boxing included, that it is the single unique sport where GOAT pay does not correlate with someone in the GOAT conversation which is beyond far fetched, ESPECIALLY since prior to Conor, the GOAT in UFC was bewtween Silva and GSP, recipients of GOAT UFC career pays (before Conor).

So basically you're saying not only is MMA different from all other sports including boxing, post-Conor MMA is also different from pre-Conor MMA, which had the GOAT pay - GOAT correlation.

Your strategy when you lose argument is to threaten to report or call people autistic. It's embarrassing. I present nothing but impeccable logic and you are just grasping at straws at this point.
"Impeccable logic"

You do live in your own delusional little world.

So in your opinion Conor is better than GSP and Silva in terms of who is the greatest fighter? Because that's what GOAT means.

So in your opinion Conor is better GSP and Silva in terms of who is the greatest fighter? Because that's what GOAT means.

Yes. Conor is the greatest prize fighter because he has GOAT pay, just like GSP and Silva WERE the greatest prize fighters because before Conor, they had the GOAT pays (GSP might be slightly higher than Silva, but the difference wasn't large enough so it's a 2-way race. Conor blows everyone out of the water).

It's not an opinion, it's based on objectively quantifiable numbers and correlation established across all sports. Like I said, you don't even have to look at skill or strength of schedule, because breaking those down is simply too complicated and involves a lot of opinions, all you have to do is look at a single objective metric, and it applies across all sports: who gets paid the most in his/her career? Whoever that is, it's your GOAT, for that particular generation (if you go too far back you'll have to take inflation and other factors into account, but GSP and Conor aren't separated by decades).

Yes. Conor is the greatest prize fighter because he has GOAT pay, just like GSP and Silva WERE the greatest prize fighters because before Conor, they had the GOAT pays (GSP might be slightly higher than Silva, but the difference wasn't large enough so it's a 2-way race. Conor blows everyone out of the water).

It's not an opinion, it's based on objectively quantifiable numbers and correlation established across all sports. Like I said, you don't even have to look at skill or strength of schedule, because breaking those down is simply too complicated and involves a lot of opinions, all you have to do is look at a single objective metric, and it applies across all sports: who gets paid the most in his/her career? Whoever that is, it's your GOAT, for that particular generation (if you go too far back you'll have to take inflation and other factors into account, but GSP and Conor aren't separated by decades).
This has to be one of the dumbest idealogies I have ever heard. Seriously, I don't even know how you come up with this type of shit.

By the way, we are talking about greatest of all time not "greatest prize fighter of all time". Like I've said multiple times, the GOAT is the one with the most skills, talent, wins etc.. Not the one with the biggest pay.

And the meaning of GOAT doesn't change just because in the UFC skills and pay don't necessarily match while in most of the other sports it does.

Last edited:
This has to be one of the dumbest idealogies I have ever heard. Seriously, I don't even know how you come up with thi type of shit.

We are talking about greatest of all time not "greatest prize fighter of all time".

Instead of calling it dumb how about you offer an actual counter to the argument?

And yes we are talking about the greatest PRIZE fighter of all time. The word PRIZE is vital because professional athletics including PRIZE fighting is about getting paid for your athletic performances. Without pay there's no conversation, because the chimps at the zoo would beat the crap out of any fighter in the UFC, but nobody in his right mind would put them in the conversation for best PRIZE fighter because nobody is paying them to fight. Similarly Usain Bolt is the best 100m sprinter in the world (also, again, highest paid), but there're plenty of things that run faster than Usain Bolt that don't get paid: your neighbor's dog, rabbits in the wild, and they would never enter the GOAT sprinter conversation.

Pay is of paramount importance when gauging the performances of pro athletes.

Instead of calling it dumb how about you offer an actual counter to the argument?

And yes we are talking about the greatest PRIZE fighter of all time. The word PRIZE is vital because professional athletics including PRIZE fighting is about getting paid for your athletic performances. Without pay there's no conversation, because the chimps at the zoo would beat the crap out of any fighter in the UFC, but nobody in his right mind would put them in the conversation for best PRIZE fighter because nobody is paying them to fight. Similarly Usain Bolt is the best 100m sprinter in the world (also, again, highest paid), but there're plenty of things that run faster than Usain Bolt that don't get paid: your neighbor's dog, rabbits in the wild, and they would never enter the GOAT sprinter conversation.

Pay is of paramount importance when gauging the performances of pro athletes.
How many sports can you name that are PPV based besides boxing?

Because all you're doing is comparing the UFC to every other sport in the world and all those sports don't use a PPV format. Players get payed based on how good they are. That is why the greatest and most talented are also the ones that get payed the most.

So there really is only one other sport you can argue has the best guy who also happens to get payed the most. (Although it's arguable because many people don't consider Floyd to be the greatest).

So how does best pay = GOAT apply for the UFC if you can only name one other sport that uses a PPV format?

GOAT = The best at what they do. In this case, fighting. Simple as that.

How many sports can you name that are PPV based besides boxing?

Because all you're doing is comparing the UFC to every other sport in the world and all those sports don't use a PPV format. Players get payed based on how good they are. That is why the greatest and most talented are also the ones that get payed the most.

So there really is only one other sport you can argue has the best guy who also happens to get payed the most. (Although it's arguable because many people don't consider Floyd to be the greatest).

So how does best pay = GOAT apply for the UFC if you can only name one other sport that uses a PPV format?

It doesn't matter, every sport has its own unique business model, PPV happens to be shared with MMA and boxing, but there's no fundamental difference. Having a PPV business model doesn't suddenly change the sport into something that's completely different from all other professional sports and void all established rules across professional sports.

Like I said,

Boxing, a PPV based combat sport: GOAT pay recipient = someone in GOAT conversation
MMA, after Conor came along: GOAT pay recipient =/= someone in GOAT conversation ????

There's no evidence to suggest Conor's existence as highest paid MMA fighter of his generation is completely unique and different from all sports, including MMA prior to his participation. There's nothing to suggest that Conor is the single anomaly or exception in all sports. I'm going to quote Hitchens on this matter:

maxresdefault.jpg

My evidence on this matter is overwhelming. Your assertions on the other hand have none to speak of.

It doesn't matter, every sport has its own unique business model, PPV happens to be shared with MMA and boxing, but there's no fundamental difference. Having a PPV business model doesn't suddenly change the sport into something that's completely different from all other professional sports and void all established rules across professional sports.

Like I said,

There's no evidence to suggest Conor's existence as highest paid MMA fighter of his generation is completely unique and different from all sports, including MMA prior to his participation. There's nothing to suggest that Conor is the single anomaly or exception in all sports. I'm going to quote Hitchens on this matter:

maxresdefault.jpg

My evidence on this matter is overwhelming. Your assertions on the other hand have none to speak of.
GOAT = The greatest at what they do

UFC = fighting

Is Conor the greatest fighter in the UFC? The answer is no.

98% of people won't agree with your theory and certainly won't agree that Conor is GOAT. So according to your logic that makes you wrong and me right.

But go on and come up with whatever calculations and equations you want.

GOAT = The greatest at what they do

UFC = fighting

Is Conor the greatest fighter in the UFC? The answer is no.

<TrumpWrong1>

GOAT PRIZE fighter and GOAT fighter are two completely different concepts.

Neither GSP nor Silva are GOAT fighters. GSP is a WW. There're a bunch of LHW and HWs who were not in GOAT conversation during his day who'd beat his ass silly, they're better FIGHTERS than he is, but GSP was the GOAT PRIZE FIGHTER as evidenced by his GOAT PRIZE/PAY. PRIZE is vital, it is what qualifies you for the conversation, otherwise the gorilla at the zoo would be considered a better fighter than GSP, Silva or Conor, because Harambe can beat the crap of all 3 by itself.

Conor is not the best FIGHTER, because he's a fucking LW who would get his ass kicked by 100 guys in the UFC, but he's the GOAT PRIZE FIGHTER, because he is paid the most. Same argument applies to Mayweather. Do you know how many irrelevant HW pro boxers would beat his ass silly? Does that fact in anyway disqualify him from the GOAT boxer conversation? NO. Why? Because he's the highest paid boxer of his generation. PRIZE.

98% of people won't agree with your theory and certainly won't agree that Conor is GOAT. So according to your logic that makes you wrong and me right.

You can make a poll on Twitter for the casuals and Conor will be voted more than anyone else. Popularity on Sherdog doesn't matter, it's a small community for hardcores. If popularity on Sherdog mattered than my opinions would automatically be better than yours because I'm far more liked than you on Sherdog. It's a ridiculous argument.

But go on and come up with whatever calculations and equations you want.

I've already presented overwhelming amount of evidence in support of my argument, an argument you have yet to refute in any way. People say it's a radical way of thinking, but

arthurconandoyle1-2x.jpg

Conor = UFC GOAT is the improbable truth.

Last edited:
<TrumpWrong1>

GOAT PRIZE fighter and GOAT fighter are two completely different concepts.

Neither GSP nor Silva are GOAT fighters. GSP is a WW. There're a bunch of LHW and HWs who were not in GOAT conversation during his day who'd beat his ass silly, they're better FIGHTERS than he is, but GSP was the GOAT PRIZE FIGHTER as evidenced by his GOAT PRIZE/PAY. PRIZE is vital, it is what qualifies you for the conversation, otherwise the gorilla at the zoo would be considered a better fighter than GSP, Silva or Conor, because Harambe can beat the crap of all 3 by itself.

Conor is not the best FIGHTER, because he's a fucking LW who would get his ass kicked by 100 guys in the UFC, but he's the GOAT PRIZE FIGHTER, because he is paid the most. Same argument applies to Mayweather. Do you know how many irrelevant HW pro boxers would beat his ass silly? Does that fact in anyway disqualify him from the GOAT boxer conversation? NO. Why? Because he's the highest paid boxer of his generation. PRIZE.

You can make a poll on Twitter for the casuals and Conor will be voted more than anyone else. Popularity on Sherdog doesn't matter, it's a small community for hardcores. If popularity on Sherdog mattered than my opinions would automatically be better than yours because I'm far more liked than you on Sherdog. It's a ridiculous argument.

I've already presented overwhelming amount of evidence in support of my argument, an argument you have yet to refute in any way.
TLDR

In other words, you have no argument.

Conor is the highest paid UFC fighter of all time. He is the UFC GOAT or at the very least in UFC GOAT conversation. TRUTH.

In other words, you have no argument.

Conor is the highest paid UFC fighter of all time. He is the UFC GOAT or at the very least in UFC GOAT conversation. TRUTH.
No, arguing with you is like arguing with an autistic child. No matter how many facts you throw at them, they'll just ask why and reply with the same nonsensical arguments.

Google "UFC GOAT" and see what every single website and people say about it. Not a single one will have Conor as the GOAT. Therefore your theory is flawed.

TRUTH

Back