Conor Mcgregor exposed boxing

After far exceeding what anyone expected Conor Mcgregor has exposed boxing as the "C" class sport it is.

He literally landed many over 20% more significant shots than the then no.2 pound for pound Manny Pacquiao, in less time.

Max Kellerman HBO's boxing expert said he wouldn't land 1 shot and Jim Lampley (who swears by compbox) said it was a joke of a fight. If it was a joke how did he land so many more shots than 9 previous Mayweather opponents who went the distance with him.

Considering this was Mcgregors first ever fight in boxing against the greatest in the sport then we can only conclude that boxing is a weak sport with C class athletes. Its not even an NCAA sport!

I think the only thing really exposed was people thinking that boxing and mma had zero cross over and this would be like Tiger Woods trying to play for the Yankees. There's obviously is some cross over depending on the mma fighter and the fact that Conor landed anything last night showed guys like Kellerman that he was dead wrong.

That said while Conor was awkward he wasn't able to show some completely new style thats going to take over boxing. From a competitive standpoint this fight probably should have been strictly a exhibition with modified rules(I thought 12 rounds initially would be a death sentence for McGregor but he did better than I thought)

We all knew the excuses would come

McGreggor Fast is garbage

Floyd let him gas, then beat him easily

McGregor didn't even get hit until what, the 4th round? Mayweather was getting out boxed until McGregor's endurance went. McGregor's did in fact make boxing lose a lot of credit. Mayweather could missed numerous times with strike in the first few rounds at least. Had McGregor had the endurance to go a few more round, Mayweather would have lost. Mayweather has got to be happy McGregor gassed.

Side note: I find it odd that McGregor never threw any power shots. That doesn't make any sense at all, to throw zero power shots. Also, McGregor has no doubt trained and completed 12 rounds in sparring. It does not make sense at all that McGregor gassed like he did. McGregor did not receive any hard shots at all until he gassed to begin with. I believe boxing simply used MMA's most popular fighter vs their most popular fighter in an attempt to make boxing more relevant. I saw many empty seats throughout the night. McGregor filled the seats. I simply believe they told McGregor going into this deal he's not to throw power shots, and other than that box as you would. Then Mayweather came back at the end once McGregor's cardio was gone, or at least McGregor made it so appear.

It's simple, McGregor trained many 12 rounds sparring matches, basically fights with headgear and body protection. Yet, he gassed not even 3/4 the way through the whole fight? Not to mention gassed before he took in real punishment or shots. Sorry, you all can say what you want but I'm not buying it.

Nonetheless, an MMA guy boxed with boxing rules against the best the boxing world had to offer. And the MMA guy won no less than 5-6 rounds of the 10 the fought in. The MMA guy should not have won a single round of boxing, with boxing rules, with a professional boxer, much less the best the boxing world has to offer.
Floyd beat that ass. I mean beat that ass. He didnt even bother to box. He told on espn that it would be a fight not a boxing match. He fought the fighter and stopped him.

The only people who think Conor did well are the ones who don't undetstand what actually happened in that fight.

conor was stepping around him too. it wasn't blatant like conor turning and running away from Nate.. get over it

McGregor didn't step around at all UNTIL Mayweather turned his back completely face NO ONE. It's pretty blatant how Mayweather was turning his back. This shouldn't be allowed in any fight sport. It's a huge exploit.

The only people who think Conor did well are the ones who don't undetstand what actually happened in that fight.

I understand there are a lot of fighter, McGregor being one, that Mayweather cannot beat unless they become exhausted.

We all knew the excuses would come

McGreggor Fast is garbage

Floyd let him gas, then beat him easily

That's the only McGregor that Mayweather could have beat, an exhausted McGregor. You gotta do what you gotta do. Like turn around and give your back to avoid strike of which you have no answer for.

That's the only McGregor that Mayweather could have beat, an exhausted McGregor. You gotta do what you gotta do. Like turn around and give your back to avoid strike of which you have no answer for.
Hahahaha.
Conor has no power.
A 40 year old walked thru him and stopped him.

So whats Conors excuse for not being able to hurt this brittle tiny old man?

McGregor didn't step around at all UNTIL Mayweather turned his back completely face NO ONE. It's pretty blatant how Mayweather was turning his back. This shouldn't be allowed in any fight sport. It's a huge exploit.

the more it happened the more it seemed like part of it was Conor in motion or stepping around. The first few times it did seem like Mayweather was ducking and turning into him and getting trapped like that..

McGregor didn't even get hit until what, the 4th round? Mayweather was getting out boxed until McGregor's endurance went. McGregor's did in fact make boxing lose a lot of credit. Mayweather could missed numerous times with strike in the first few rounds at least. Had McGregor had the endurance to go a few more round, Mayweather would have lost. Mayweather has got to be happy McGregor gassed.

Side note: I find it odd that McGregor never threw any power shots. That doesn't make any sense at all, to throw zero power shots. Also, McGregor has no doubt trained and completed 12 rounds in sparring. It does not make sense at all that McGregor gassed like he did. McGregor did not receive any hard shots at all until he gassed to begin with. I believe boxing simply used MMA's most popular fighter vs their most popular fighter in an attempt to make boxing more relevant. I saw many empty seats throughout the night. McGregor filled the seats. I simply believe they told McGregor going into this deal he's not to throw power shots, and other than that box as you would. Then Mayweather came back at the end once McGregor's cardio was gone, or at least McGregor made it so appear.

It's simple, McGregor trained many 12 rounds sparring matches, basically fights with headgear and body protection. Yet, he gassed not even 3/4 the way through the whole fight? Not to mention gassed before he took in real punishment or shots. Sorry, you all can say what you want but I'm not buying it.

Nonetheless, an MMA guy boxed with boxing rules against the best the boxing world had to offer. And the MMA guy won no less than 5-6 rounds of the 10 the fought in. The MMA guy should not have won a single round of boxing, with boxing rules, with a professional boxer, much less the best the boxing world has to offer.
LOL, fought the best, yes....After he retired, is 40 years old......Get him against Canelo/GGG you'll see how it goes, come one now, LOL.

It was more of a reality check to the people that thought that being elite at boxing isn't anything special.

You gotta be joking

He knew Connor has shit cardio

He let him blow his load, then went to work

He got schooled

This Conlon bums are getting Boring, he did nothing stfu, go watch some casual shittt

I'm not buying it. Floyd is 40 years old and coming off a two year layoff. His game plan was to allow mcgregor to gas, meaning, allowing him to throw and land. That game plan would never work against Pac. This was the worst I've ever seen mayweather and he still dominated.

It kind of exposed MMA guys for having shit cardio, which is what a lot of boxing fans say about MMA guys.

You can't win high level fights if you gas after 6-7 rounds.

why are we comparing what conor did to floyd in 2017 to what paci did in 2015?

I understand there are a lot of fighter, McGregor being one, that Mayweather cannot beat unless they become exhausted.

Conor became exhausted by being made to throw a bunch of punches that did fookin nuttin i.e. he got completely gamed with very little effort.

It is true in a sense. There was a point in time where boxers were so far ahead of MMA fighters and even kickboxers with their hands that a pure stand-up fight could be competitive.

That is obviously over now and we're at the point where MMA fighters can hang in during pure boxing matches. Add in 8 point striking and it's an absolute mismatch at this time, and it will only get worse from here on in.

Back