Conor McGregor’s whiskey, Proper No. 12, sets ‘sales’ and ‘buy’ records despite abysmal reviews

Some good advice to you all bros

Don’t drink alcohol

You’re welcome

Does anyone know how much this whiskey thing is costing him to set up and promote? Because it's lost money. As soon as McGregor's name goes off the front page nobody will be drinking Proper 12 - they'll all be back to the Diageo and Hennesey owned brands that have billion dollar distribution and branding. A fool and his money are soon parted...

Not that the whiskey is anything great being only a three year, but I think there is alot of people giving reviews that haven't actually tried it and are just regurgitating what others have said

The people reviewing whiskey and Conor's UFC importance are straight out of Notting Hill movie not Boston or Dublin or Vegas.

Not that the whiskey is anything great being only a three year, but I think there is alot of people giving reviews that haven't actually tried it and are just regurgitating what others have said
Nah. It gets panned.
https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and...mcgregor-s-new-whiskey-a-taste-test-1.3634848
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-10-08/conor-mcgregor-proper-twelve-irish-whiskey-review
https://www.businessinsider.com/conor-mcgregor-proper-no-twelve-whiskey-review-2018-9
https://malt-review.com/2018/09/24/proper-no-twelve/
https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2018/10/proper-12-irish-whiskey-review.html

Even the best of them damn it with indifference. The worst absolutely trash the stuff. . Probably worth buying a bottle now to keep as a curio because in two years or less it will be history.

To put it into perspective, Pabst blue ribbon won a blue ribbon once. It just goes to show that anything can be popular enough to sell to white people that need to be drunk.

Its because it hasnt had long enough in the barrel. The next batch will be alot nicer as its not as young. It was rushed to come out in time to promote the fight. All these fuckin noobs thinkin the current proper 12 is gonna be the only one in circulation
Conor fanboys even making excuses for the whiskey now. The absolute state.

Conor fanboys even making excuses for the whiskey now. The absolute state.
Plus isn’t it just another type of whisky that’s just rebranded? That means it’s been around for a long time already. You’re right, these guys are deluded

Who gives a fuck about what some random shit websites say? Their reviews are as legit as Rotten Tomatoes is for movies.

Most of the people I’ve heard from that have tried Proper Twelve said it was fine. I’ve heard that it’s decent for its price - it’s not great, but it’s not bad, either.

I heard it from here, Twitter, FB, etc, which is also where I saw the hate. Most of the hate is from people that haven’t even tried it, though; surprise!

Don’t let others judge things for you/form your opinion for you. Try it yourself - but I’m warning you now - it tastes awful just like all alcohol does.

Inb4 the fake alcohol experts that appeared out of nowhere when this stuff came out.

Proper Twelve is average.

Not great, not bad.

It gets you drunk and that’s the point.

It tastes exactly like any/all Irish Whiskey -- shit.

My word is as legit as almost everybody else’s in here. The difference is that I’m being realistic and not a hateful, small-minded internet goon.

Some of yas really need to grow up.

Cliffs:

Go f’n jump off one.

Regardless of how good or bad it is, Conor is set for life, which is worth a couple of bad reviews.

People who buy whiskey just because it's released under the name of someone who has been successful in a totally unrelated field don't make much sense though. I could understand if it was gym wear or something else, but whiskey? What does Conor know about making whiskey?

Pretty sure he means that the "buy" record is from UFC 229 smashing the PPV buy record by nearly 1M, not anything to do with Proper Twelve. That's just the sales record, which at least while I was in Vegas for the fight was doing extremely well looking around at the bars.

That said, the people trashing Proper Twelve are the snobs who "like" supposedly "good" whiskey that is overpriced swill that conned them huge amounts of dollars on its marketing gimmicks of different casks and snobbish neckbeard reviews. It's a $25 bottle, stop pretending it's something it's not conceived, produced, or priced to be. It's "proper Irish whiskey, for proper Irish lads". AKA common folk who want to get drunk. It's meant to be consumed quickly, not sit on your shelf for months. It's less than a $1 a shot and should be used as such. And it's working and you're all bitter bums about that fact.

Nobody gives a shit about the $1000 single malt, 3,000 year old cask aged, distilled by Himalayan monks whiskey you "like" but leave in your back cupboard.
tumblr_nv3eghubpq1s3gys4o1_400.gif

Meat doesn't rot on Sherdawg such is the saltiness.

Any proper reviewers say the Whiskey is "meh" and "inoffensive" and probably a good whiskey for an undeveloped pallet. Nightclub whiskey for mixing. It has it's place

Conors marketing power is driving sales and his "personal brand" is bigger than any other Irish brand and I'd guess most other world Whisk(e)y brands. The biggest established brands would have the marketing budget to dwarf Conors effort but if you have experience in Marketing you will know how much money you can blow through without results when you don't have the vehicle to engage with people. Conor doesn't have that problem because he IS the vehicle that makes the connection.

The question is... What will a loss do to his brand?
Sherdoggers are wanking over his downfall but it's too early to judge. No previous loss stopped Conors star power from growing so It's unclear if this will.
If you remember "The Wire" Conor, like Bell, has almost become "The Bank" where "The Game" no longer affects him.

And if you think a "personality" can't turn a garbage product into a world leader. Can't disrupt established brands who are providing superior products, then I submit Beats Headphones to your scrutiny.

This is a number that a brand like Jameson or Bushmills could only dream of. To give you an example of his ability to successfully convert his followers to an idea, lets take his whiskey’s social media account @properwhiskey. He mentioned it once on Instagram and it not only garnered the illustrious verification tick but also 100,000 followers almost instantly.

To put that into perspective, Jameson whiskey’s global Instagram account only has 95,000 followers. Proper No. Twelve’s two only Instagram posts have garnered more likes than the entirety of Jameson global’s following.
https://potstilled.com/2018/09/20/mcgregors-proper-no-12-whiskey-review/

Conor aint done yet. And salty sherdoggers now have to get into bed with the Muslim world view to feel good about themselves. That dirty feeling you get after you post is your conscience calling.

Former UFC lightweight champion, Conor McGregor, has nearly 30 million followers on Instagram, so when “Notorious” announced he was the proud owner (and chief marketer) of Proper No. 12, his new Irish whiskey, a bunch of them probably ran out and bought it.

Many, I’m sure, soon regretted it.

By this point, based on volume, McGregor may be fast approaching that billion-dollar mark estimated by UFC President Dana White. That said, it will be interesting to see if whiskey drinkers come back for another bottle, or if Proper No. 12 drops out of the top 10 like a blockbuster movie that opens huge — then tanks when people realize it’s junk.

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/10/12...sales-buy-records-despite-abysmal-reviews-mma

I think after getting beaten his sales are going to tank and Proper Whiskey will be quickly forgotten

Back