Conor McGregor’s whiskey, Proper No. 12, sets ‘sales’ and ‘buy’ records despite abysmal reviews

No source to any numbers

Conor just trying to take attention off his devastating loss

bu bu ma whisky

Connoisseurs don't go for bottom shelf blended gimmick whisky.

Even if there's no longevity to it, isn't billion dollar sales on initial release already a big financial win for McGregor and co?

There's plenty of stuff (food, drink, music movies, TV shows, etc.) that is mediocre in quality and to critics, but a big hit in the mainstream. There's no shame in it.

In general, I don't see where the angle for ridicule is here. Obviously Conor is going to promote his product as being the best. Whether it is or not probably doesn't matter in the end, if the venture is profitable. Good on him I say for getting out and doing something different, and managing to leverage his fame as a fighter like few in MMA have before.

No source to any numbers

Conor just trying to take attention off his devastating loss

bu bu ma whisky
I genuinely think he did pretty well considering how many casuals bought into his bs; now obv thats gonna be hard to maintain especially after a bad loss but he still probably made a shit ton of profit

Well, people are idiots. Whatcha gonna do eh?

But it is made from the freshest Irish water and the goldenest of the gold plants from the richest european soil, cultivated by years long tradition from the mcgregor grandfather from the mcgregor clan who drank proper 12 (BC) whisky with the left hand and killed English invaders with the right.

So I call bullshit on these hater reviews. I’m sure it’s delicious

Well, here in Michigan it is sold out everywhere, and according to my liquor store, they sold all their stock in less than a week .

Proper use of proper 12

Molotov cocktail

ms0wVxW.jpg

Former UFC lightweight champion, Conor McGregor, has nearly 30 million followers on Instagram, so when “Notorious” announced he was the proud owner (and chief marketer) of Proper No. 12, his new Irish whiskey, a bunch of them probably ran out and bought it.

Many, I’m sure, soon regretted it.

By this point, based on volume, McGregor may be fast approaching that billion-dollar mark estimated by UFC President Dana White. That said, it will be interesting to see if whiskey drinkers come back for another bottle, or if Proper No. 12 drops out of the top 10 like a blockbuster movie that opens huge — then tanks when people realize it’s junk.

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/10/12...sales-buy-records-despite-abysmal-reviews-mma

Yeah....no way. He would need every one of his 30 million follower to have already bought a bottle to be selling a billion worth of his whiskey. NO way they have produced 1 million barrels of that shit yet.

Are they really trying to make people believe that in just a few weeks Conor has sold 1/4 the total whiskey that jack daniels does in an entire year?

By this point, based on volume, McGregor may be fast approaching that billion-dollar mark estimated by UFC President Dana White. That said, it will be interesting to see if whiskey drinkers come back for another bottle, or if Proper No. 12 drops out of the top 10 like a blockbuster movie that opens huge — then tanks when people realize it’s junk.
At that point Conor will introduce several lines of much higher quality whiskeys.

I've had two shots of Connor's whiskey. It was absolutely horrible. Boxed wine is better than his whiskey. Beer that's been left out all night to get flat and warm, is better than Connor's whiskey.

Imagine diesel fuel with a hint of rotten milk. I'm trying my best to be nice about that product. Homeless people won't drink it.

Listen, back in the day before I was born they had a thing called a pet rock and people bought the shit out of it. I'm not surprised.

ITT people who drink flavored Smirnov making fun of another cheap liquor.

Back