"Conor McGregor’s career looks better and better over time…"

Compared to Juicehead Jones & USADJOKE, he may be right

vid_conor.0.jpg

Crazy how Chael said Dana admitted they gave Conor stylitically favorable matchups right in the beginning of the video.

I guess this is why the only wrestler he faced was off the couch with no camp.<seedat>

Well look at the successes of the guys he's beaten.

Not just beaten but some of them looked like they didn't even belong in there with him. Good fighters too.

Well, he's right.

Just look at guys like Holloway and Poirier today. One of them is the Featherweight Champion currently riding a 12 fight win streak and the other is on a pretty excellent win streak of his own at Lightweight (realistically should be only one win away from a title shot.) In hindsight, Conor's wins over them years ago look better because of the success they've found later.

I actually agree. Conor's best wins current rankings:

Max Holloway: The champ at FW
Eddie Alvarez: #4 at LW
Poirer: #3 at LW
Aldo: #2 at FW
Mendes: #4 at FW

It's nothing compared to GOAT Coke Jones though

Nobody comes close to his talent

God bless Jon Jones the best fighter to ever bless this grey earth

Crazy how Chael said Dana admitted they gave Conor stylitically favorable matchups right in the beginning of the video.

I guess this is why the only wrestler he faced was off the couch with no camp.<seedat>
Crazy how there’s no quote or source for that assertion, and that anyone would take a naked assertion made by Chael P Sonnen as factual.
<{1-1}>

Well look at the successes of the guys he's beaten.

Not just beaten but some of them looked like they didn't even belong in there with him. Good fighters too.
People who call Conor a fraud are crazy. They demean the opponents he has beaten by doing so.

I think it's giving Conor too much credit for the Holloway win. Holloway is a much better fighter today. The holloway that lost to Conor and Bermudez is a far cry from the Holloway that TKO'd Aldo 2x.

I'm not saying Conor would lose to Holloway today (he could but that's not what I'm arguing), I'm saying it's giving that win too much credit.

With that said, Chael is right about the Poirier win. Dustin is legit. They should fight again.

I'd also love to see Conor Aldo 2.

But I think Conor is who we think he is. His career is good but he isn't an unbeatable champ. He's a dynamic striker who can put anyone to sleep and plays games with people on their feet.

With that said if he beats Khabib he is the greatest of all time and will ascend into the heavens to take his rightful place as an eternal star in the cosmos. Conor Bless?

It's nothing compared to GOAT Coke Jones though

Nobody comes close to his talent

God bless Jon Jones the best fighter to ever bless this grey earth

God bless God
And JBJ never did anything wrong ever.

It does.

Double champ.

Went 10 rounds with one of the best boxers ever. (Experts didn't have him getting out of the 4th)

He got big enough Mayweather wanted to fight him. That's impressive.

the funny thing is, i always talk about that part of Conor's career, and people constantly act like he didn't get the red carpet treatment.

i also always explain how there was like at least 4-5 wrestlers in the top 10 at FW when Conor was coming up, and he magically missed all of them.

the funny thing is, i always talk about that part of Conor's career, and people constantly act like he didn't get the red carpet treatment.

i also always explain how there was like at least 4-5 wrestlers in the top 10 at FW when Conor was coming up, and he magically missed all of them.
Holloway has not fought Mendes or Edgar. The same argument can be made.

For sure he will become a living legend after he surgically KTFO's Khabib in the first round

People will still talk about him in the year 3000

{<Mcgoat}

<{Joewithit}>

Conor bless

<RomeroSalute>

His FW wins do look better in hindsight, but he's still the guy who was stripped of two belts before he could start a legacy. The Khabib fight is everything: the biggest, baddest undefeated wrestler at LW who Conor matches up terribly with.

If he gets decimated by Khabib, he'll be remembered as the guy who ran from belts and wrestlers and ended up getting exposed.

If he wins...he will be in GOAT talks for years, even if he does nothing else for another two years.

Back