Conor - Max II should be no brainer

On who wins - Depends if Conor can get a gas tank somehow. Max has a unreal chin an crazy cardio - as far as who gets the better when both are fresh I feel Conor touches him up and knocks him down a few times but after that I think Conor fades as usual end of second rd and Max lights him up for a 4th rd tko

I’d love this fight but the only problem I have is Conor getting another title shot.
Why?? Max has bascially cleaned out FW - an technically Conor is still lineal FW champ.

Has to be at 55, no way Conor makes 45 ever again. His coach said he doesn’t want him making the cut anymore.
cool thing is, max has already agreed to go up there (for another fight). he's the kind of fighter who would have no problem with the challenge.

Max has to move up to 155. Conor will never cut to 145 again.

Nate 3 isn't high caliber of a fight?

Max won his last 13 fights, and defended his belt the last 2 fights.

Conor doesn't deserve to fight Max after losing his last fight (arguably last 3 out of 4 mma fights) It's time for Conor to either do Nate 3, Work himself back up in title ranks, or retire.

Only an idiot would argue he didn't beat Diaz in the second fight.

When this fight is made - make this card Dana for July

Max - Conor 2
Whitaker - Israel
Gaethe - Al
Aldo - Pettis
Cody - Linneker

The stand an bang greatest card ever that could actually be made

cool thing is, max has already agreed to go up there (for another fight). he's the kind of fighter who would have no problem with the challenge.

Hawaiians are like that, just scrap, to the death

This is great news. She'll have no problem spamming her opponent with that stupid jumping switch kick which worked one time.

Makes sense. To me, it has to be at FW. Holloway facing McGregor at LW makes no sense. The only fight Holloway should take at LW is a title fight, against Khabib or Ferguson (for interim title if Khabib is suspended).

I've said it before, the UFC can market Holloway vs McGregor II at FW better than Holloway vs McGregor II at LW. Example, McGregor was the last man to defeat Holloway and McGregor "never really lost" his FW title.

I would love to see Holloway box McGregor the fuck up.

Max is a super risky fight for Conor right now. Max is on such a hot streak and has looked like a ninja lately. In regards to name brand, Conor absolutely has to win his next fight and preferable win it dominantly otherwise his “brand” goes down the toilet.

So if rebuilding name brand is Conor’s goal for his next fight I think He should be asking for Iaquinta. Style wise I think Iaquinta is a much easier fight for Conor.

On a personal level though I’d fucking love to see Max and Conor run it over again. I think Conor would lose.
I feel like a riskier fight will be more effective in re-building his brand. Fighting, and beating, someone like max would really help Conor and I feel that it’d be a very exciting fight. I disagree with op that it should be at 145 though as I feel they’d both be healthier at 155, making it a better fight for both at that weight

I don't know what fight makes sense for Mcgregor at the moment. He has a lot to lose and little to gain because it won't be a title fight and it's going to be a decent fighter. I think he might actually retire now. If he loses again the humiliation would be hard to take

I feel like a riskier fight will be more effective in re-building his brand. Fighting, and beating, someone like max would really help Conor and I feel that it’d be a very exciting fight. I disagree with op that it should be at 145 though as I feel they’d both be healthier at 155, making it a better fight for both at that weight

If he wins the riskier fight than yes better for name brand but Max is far from a sure thing for Conor and he has a lot to lose with his next fight. As an mma fan sure give me max vs Conor. But if I were advising Conor I’d strongly suggest calling out Iaquinta and staying away from Max for the time being.

Nate 3 isn't high caliber of a fight?

Max won his last 13 fights, and defended his belt the last 2 fights.

Conor doesn't deserve to fight Max after losing his last fight (arguably last 3 out of 4 mma fights) It's time for Conor to either do Nate 3, Work himself back up in title ranks, or retire.

Arguably 3 out of his last 4? LMAO you cant be this stupid right? Conor put Nate 3 times on his ass clown. There is nothing to argue about that fight, Conor won. And Conor could care less about deserving to fight Max. Max should care about fighting Conor since it is the only way he will make as much as he has made in his lifetime. Also Conor has been FW and LW champ has max? No? Okay..... Doesnt deserve it? LMAO

Conor needs a safer fight to get back in the win column. Diaz, Dustin or AI.

Max is on fire.

Back