Conor - Khabib - Tony - it's hilarious

What the UFC need is clear guidelines on stripping of belts, interim belts and who needs to fight who when holding a belt. It saves you from all this subjective nonsense and the thought of having people like Nate fight for any belt.

Yeah, UFC is slowly but surely taking boxing's route. Belt's dosn't mean shit anymore

I follow boxing personally, and i think the UFC's system is worse than boxing.
Boxing at least has mandatory defenses against challengers, and if a certain governing body is playing politics then you can fight for the title of another and be regarded as the best of the division (if you are); you also have Ring Magazine belt which often picks who the best/real champ is. In MMA, the UFC is an oligopoly so it doesn't work that way, in boxing no one body has control so it doesn't matter which belt you fight for.

I didn't pay for mine
Oh fuck....you were recruited? TeTe made me blow him 6 weeks ago for it, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet.
Must be a bug in teh system. I just use a green hi liter on my screen to make myself feel good.
1514422417158.png

If nate gets a TS after going over 2 years without winning a fight at LW, the title mean absolutely nothing.

Especially if he wins it as well, I mean we all know that Conor was never great in either fight against Nate,

Some things never change...

giphy.gif
Holy shit man, this is fucking brilliant!!

So Khabib and Tony are both considered to be very dangerous to Conor and seemingly Conor has no interest in fighting either one of them.

The deep dive isn't really necessary. I really doubt Conor is afraid of fighting either Tony or Khabib. If anyone who fights for a living receives in excess of $100 million they don't fight anymore. That simple. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If he runs out of money we'll see him again.

The deep dive isn't really necessary. I really doubt Conor is afraid of fighting either Tony or Khabib. If anyone who fights for a living receives in excess of $100 million they don't fight anymore. That simple. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If he runs out of money we'll see him again.

You would be right but I'm feeling Conor will suddenly have the urge to fight again now that Khabib and Tony are fighting again. So the money excuse isn't there. If he does let them strip him then I agree with your point but I feel like he's coming back now that the threat is gone.

Dana at the presser said that the Tony/Khabib fight would be for the undisputed championship. Which I would hope means that sometime before the fight Conor will vacate or be stripped.

That is the only way that he can come out of that presser without blatantly lying.
I don't know if you've seen another presser that I haven't... (please link me if you have) but the last one I saw is where Dana said that "IF Conor doesn't commit to fighting the winner of Ferg/Khabib... then he will be stripped."

So as it stands... Dana could still make that fight for the interim belt defense... & keep Conor as champ without having lied about that particular detail.

I don't know if you've seen another presser that I haven't... (please link me if you have) but the last one I saw is where Dana said that "IF Conor doesn't commit to fighting the winner of Ferg/Khabib... then he will be stripped."

So as it stands... Dana could still make that fight for the interim belt defense... & keep Conor as champ without having lied about that particular detail.

That was the backstage interview after where he clarified what he said.. I only saw that this afternoon.

That was the backstage interview after where he clarified what he said.. I only saw that this afternoon.
Still not following you.

So was your reference before or after the one where Dana said "If conor doesn't commit, we will strip the belt."

If after... could you provide a link?

Still not following you.

So was your reference before or after the one where Dana said "If conor doesn't commit, we will strip the belt."

If after... could you provide a link?

Nope is was before

Ok, get rid of the gold belts and just make them all “money belts”

You want a shot at a “money belt”?
What kind of sells you bringing to the table? Ok, glove up

I thought there was a moratorium on Conor threads. He never fights in the UFC, so why are people still talking about him? Let's give it a rest.

Jarl

Seems to be all about the money. Khabib - Ferguson Title Fight. Winner gets Mcgregor in a Champ vs Champ Fight. I really liked the #DEFEND OR VACATE... But whatever... The "Tony Belt" Fight is the one I want to see.

So Khabib and Tony are both considered to be very dangerous to Conor and seemingly Conor has no interest in fighting either one of them.

Then they let Tony have the interim belt which would force Conor to fight Tony next but he doesn't so Tony ends up having to fight Khabib in UFC 223 for the possible real belt. The reason Tony doesn't fight Conor is because Conor is seemingly unavailable and "waiting to be stripped", but now that they have called on the Tony v Khabib match, I bet Conor suddenly has an urge to defend his belt against a 4th party opponent in the LW division. This will force the Tony v Khabib to be for the interim belt (again) and give Conor another 1 year break to defend against a real contender.

It's so stupid and everybody sees it, you feel stupid even typing it out. I'm sure most here already know this.
They are gonna have him defend the title against Nate Diaz, which makes absolutely no sense. What a joke!

Of course the UFC did this. I've been saying this once Tony won the belt. Conor is worth WAY too much to them to blow it on real title defenses against guys who can actually beat him.

Especially now that Jones got popped and GSP is infrequent, they are super desperate for Conor.
how does having an inactive conor with a belt help them though?

Back