Conor is the Adrien Broner of the UFC. He's done.

He's literally said that he's BIGGER THAN THE UFC...and MORE IMPORTANT THAN EVERYONE ELSE...etc, etc.
And? He is more imp than anyone else there
Hes unquestionably its biggest star right now
And its good to see fighters oppose the ufc....how long did u expect this explotitive era to last?

Yea him and Inga V are the only posters whose names i remember, NOT because theyre idiots
Great call there too. A guy named Deviake is tops too, very good at debating a point on its merits, and a really relaxed, friendly fellow.

BbhKu4KIQAAvDin.jpg

His worthless PPV interview cemented his NON-legacy and MANY of his fans are jumping ship; there is definitely a sea change on Sherdog for example.

Conor has a self-important aura that grows more and more bloated, akin to Ronda.

...and also like Ronda, he's unabashedly obsessed with Floyd.

It's all very comical, yet SAD that the UFC has not washed their hands of his horrid stench already.

Conor (like Ronda before him) makes the UFC look bad, period.

If Dana had any balls, he would stand up for himself and the UFC brand.

In the end, Conor fancies himself to be the golden goose of the UFC, when in reality he's nothing but a duck.

Dana makes a shitload of money out of Conor atm, dafuq are you on about? UFC is a business not a sport (sadly), so Dana making Conor shut up and brushing him aside, would be akin to kicking himself in the balls.

Conor at the end of the day is tied down to a contract, he can yap around as much as he wants, all it does is do free promo for the UFC, and more people will tune in the next time he fights, either because they want to see him fail or win.

Fucking hate explaining shite to dumb babies like you.

Jay really is one of the absolute best.

I really appreciate it. This forum threatens to turn over to a useless cesspool at many points, but as I've always said, there are worthwhile posters here and there and you're one of them.

I really appreciate it. This forum threatens to turn over to a useless cesspool at many points, but as I've always said, there are worthwhile posters here and there and you're one of them.
That means a lot coming from a fellow I respect.

I forgot to ask the other day, but why do you speak Ukranian? Is there a family connection?

That means a lot coming from a fellow I respect.

I forgot to ask the other day, but why do you speak Ukranian? Is there a family connection?

I can speak a very small amount of Ukrainian because that's more than half my background. My dad can speak more but he's not exactly fluent even if he can understand the language well. I can't speak Ukrainian in any meaningful way. Honestly, I can't really speak anything other than English fluently even if I can understand and read French fine. There is a fairly sizable Ukrainian population on the prairies in Canada.

I can speak a very small amount of Ukrainian because that's more than half my background. My dad can speak more but he's not exactly fluent even if he can understand the language well. I can't speak Ukrainian in any meaningful way. Honestly, I can't really speak anything other than English fluently even if I can understand and read French fine. There is a fairly sizable Ukrainian population on the prairies in Canada.

reading an article on Wikipedia about Ukranian Canadians now. Would never have known of them. So is your dad a second-gen migrant? Any idea when your family went across?

reading an article on Wikipedia about Ukranian Canadians now. Would never have known of them. So is your dad a second-gen migrant? Any idea when your family went across?

It depends how you want to term it. My grandmother was born in Canada and grew up on a homestead in northern Alberta. Both her parents were from what is probably now Ukraine (one was in Austro-Hungarian territory, Galicia, for sure and which would now by in Ukraine, the other we don't really know; they were both Ukrainian-speakers, though). My dad's father died when he was five. He knows very little about his background short of names and my grandmother's word (which wasn't kind to them, there is some Romanian and possibly even Romani in there, but a lot of its speculation). His mother (my grandmother) was second generation (from my understanding of the word) and she raised him (she was fluent). First generation tends to mean someone born elsewhere who moved here from what I know (that's my understanding, maybe I'm wrong). That would make my dad third generation. That's my understanding of it, anyway.

It depends how you want to term it. My grandmother was born in Canada and grew up on a homestead in northern Alberta. Both her parents were from what is probably now Ukraine (one was in Austro-Hungarian territory, Galicia, for sure and which would now by in Ukraine, the other we don't really know; they were both Ukrainian-speakers, though). My dad's father died when he was five. He knows very little about his background short of names and my grandmother's word (which wasn't kind to them, there is some Romanian and possibly even Romani in there, but a lot of its speculation). His mother (my grandmother) was second generation (from my understanding of the word) and she raised him (she was fluent). First generation tends to mean someone born elsewhere who moved here from what I know (that's my understanding, maybe I'm wrong). That would make my dad third generation. That's my understanding of it, anyway.
If you're wrong then so am I, that's my understanding as well. Explains why your dad doesn't speak so much and you less.

Interesting reading the history of when and why those people migrated, and it had some personal value as well, explaining something to me about my great grandfather and his military action in WW2. Thanks again.

Yeah, I don't really know a thing about him and didn't know who he was beforehand, but it wasn't about him being tight with the mods, I asked for the ban after a poll or some shit (I have nothing bad to say about any of the mods, really, in fact I get along well with several of them). Honestly, he was just an idiot, not really an abrasive asshole or anything like that. It was more a symptom of me being out of it and looking for an argument.

Should be a great fights. Things would seem to generally favour Thurman, but whenever I doubt Garcia he pulls something out. Should be quality either way. It's been a strong start to the year for boxing and there is plenty on the horizon. A lot of nice fights to look forward to.
By the by, Louis is actually a really cool guy, though he's a bit of trouble maker. Basically he's your typical very intelligent but bored young man with low self esteem who likes to rankle folks to entertain himself and relieve his mind from feeling like he isn't achieving anything in his life. He has some real personal issues, and he acts out some as a result. But he's a good guy so long as you recognise his smartassedness for what it is - a cry for help.

You gettin' this, Lou?

If you're wrong then so am I, that's my understanding as well. Explains why your dad doesn't speak so much and you less.

Interesting reading the history of when and why those people migrated, and it had some personal value as well, explaining something to me about my great grandfather and his military action in WW2. Thanks again.

Well, it's eye opening. I mean, Ukrainian immigration was aggressively (as in violently) opposed across Canada when it happened. It was a big part of the KKK's popularity in Saskatchewan (the Ukrainians were either Catholic or Orthodox and Slavic which necessarily meant inferior) and played a sizable role in the KKK having a massive influence within the Saskatchewan government in the 1920s (there are historians who argue the KKK more or less controlled the conservative government in Saskatchewan in the 20s). Racism against Ukrainians obviously receded over time and they became white and Canadian (like other Slavic peoples as well as the Irish and Italians, but it really only happened after WW2), but it shows immigration and integration tends to be a gradual process.

Interesting in present times with the right preaching about "Canadian values" here and there (and a lot of it comes out of Alberta). As someone who grew up with a lot of Muslims and am friends with many people who practice to varying degrees, it's worrying.

Well, it's eye opening. I mean, Ukrainian immigration was aggressively (as in violently) opposed across Canada when it happened. It was a big part of the KKK's popularity in Saskatchewan (the Ukrainians were either Catholic or Orthodox and Slavic which necessarily meant inferior) and played a sizable role in the KKK having a massive influence within the Saskatchewan government in the 1920s (there are historians who argue the KKK more or less controlled the conservative government in Saskatchewan in the 20s). Racism against Ukrainians obviously receded over time and they became white and Canadian (like other Slavic peoples as well as the Irish and Italians, but it really only happened after WW2), but it shows immigration and integration tends to be a gradual process.

Interesting in present times with the right preaching about "Canadian values" here and there (and a lot of it comes out of Alberta). As someone who grew up with a lot of Muslims and am friends with many people who practice to varying degrees, it's worrying.

Intergration can be extremely difficult, and that comes from both sides. There are quite a few examples in Australia of that exact phenomenon.

But now I need to look up the KKK in Canada. Always assumed that was an American group, I had no idea they had serious impact anywhere else.

By the by, Louis is actually a really cool guy, though he's a bit of trouble maker. Basically he's your typical very intelligent but bored young man with low self esteem who likes to rankle folks to entertain himself and relieve his mind from feeling like he isn't achieving anything in his life. He has some real personal issues, and he acts out some as a result. But he's a good guy so long as you recognise his smartassedness for what it is - a cry for help.

You gettin' this, Lou?

Fuck, he might be. He was arguing a really stupid point and one thing led to another. Honestly, had no idea who he was, and I've really never encountered him since.

Fuck, he might be. He was arguing a really stupid point and one thing led to another. Honestly, had no idea who he was, and I've really never encountered him since.
Probably because he was back in jail. Like I said, the guy has issues. Takes a bit of patience to get to know him, but he's actually very funny and has a good heart. He's just paying now for his past mistakes.

Oh, and yes, he can relentlessly argue stupid points. No doubt.

Probably because he was back in jail. Like I said, the guy has issues. Takes a bit of patience to get to know him, but he's actually very funny and has a good heart. He's just paying now for his past mistakes.

Well, shit. I had no idea. Jail, you know what he did?

Back