Conor is tall fighter could potentially be a problem in the Mayweather fight?

Fighting Gaming

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I just watched some of Mayweather fights and most of the tops guys he faced where an inch or two smaller. This gave Mayweather an advantage with the jab. Conor will likely be the same height or taller.

Mayweather just like Conor has an easier time against shorter opponents. I wonder will height be a factor. Can Conor hit him because he does not have to punch up.

Conor is also a southpaw and big hitter. Reason i give Conor a chance is hes height, hes fast and has power. The reason he lose is hes not a world class boxer and hes defense needs work.

Floyd will box McGs ears clean off. He's WAY too fast and slick for Conor. 49-0 against 0-0.

Conor McGregor has a puncher's chance and there's no other way around it. He's not a boxer, and it really is as simple as that.

Victor Ortiz is as tall as McG..ODH is taller.Money gonna piece him up good.

And which of Conor boxing matches did you go back and watch........I'll wait............upload_2017-3-28_9-24-26.jpeg

he could be 7 feet tall and Floyd would still beat his ass

the skill difference is massive

McGregor fans bank on the fact that McGregor is "bigger" than Mayweather. Logical fans bank on the fact that Mayweather has been boxing before McGregor was born.

I just watched some of Mayweather fights and most of the tops guys he faced where an inch or two smaller. This gave Mayweather an advantage with the jab. Conor will likely be the same height or taller.

Mayweather just like Conor has an easier time against shorter opponents. I wonder will height be a factor. Can Conor hit him because he does not have to punch up.

Conor is also a southpaw and big hitter. Reason i give Conor a chance is hes height, hes fast and has power. The reason he lose is hes not a world class boxer and hes defense needs work.

I guess you dont watch much boxing. Canelo , Oscar, Mosley, Ortiz, all are taller and bigger than Floyd. I believe oscar is 5'10....and canelo not only had height on him but probably at least 10-15 pounds once they stepped in the ring. Boxers also punch different then MMA fighters.....in no way is Conor a stronger puncher then any of those guys.....canelo would knock his block off within a couple minutes.

There are thousands of real tall (conor is indeed a midget) southpaw professional boxers. How many of them can beat Mayweather?

canelo-2-26-16-1.jpg

Floyd will box McGs ears clean off. He's WAY too fast and slick for Conor. 49-0 against 0-0.

Heh, really is a crazy situation when you put their records side by side, isn't it?

Still, though, I'm interested in seeing it.

I guess Conor does have a punchers chance, or they could be setting things up for a rematch and eventually trilogy to get more $$$, but most likely it'll be an easy win for Floyd, if the match ever does really take place.

He fought oscar who is taller and a multiple time world champion in multiple weight classes, olympic gold medalist, an verifiable Amateur record of of 234 W - 6 L.

But yeah some scrub with some amateur boxing that no one can really verify beyond he did some boxing as a kid who is 0-0 is going to beat Floyd who is 49-0, an all time great, one of the greatest defensive fighters of all time, multiple time, multiple weight class champion.

Why don't they do unified rules

Half boxing half mma fight

No take downs with boxing gloves. Clinch and kicking allowed

Oh cuz Floyd is a bitch and needs to fight under his own fraternity of ballerinas called boxing.

I like boxing as well Why doesn't Floyd fight triple g or david Lemieux is he scared?

Back