Conor is SUPER LEGIT! Conor haters are more unreasonable than fanboys these days.

I used to be a bit of a Conor hater (hated his overzealous fanboys more than Conor himself, they have been more tolerable after the Diaz loss though lol), but WTF how the hell can almost 1/4 of Sherdog vote that he actually isn't legit?! His recent wins are amazing and some of the best in the sport, if he isn't legit practically no one is.

What makes the irrationality more noticeable is that Khabib, the guy haters say is supposed to expose him, is actually less proven than Conor. Mendes, Aldo, Diaz and Alvarez>RDA and MJ. So the guy with a worse resume is more 'legit' than the guy with a better one? It's like Ronda and Cyborg all over again, Conor haters need to dial it back. Even if Khabib beats Conor which is quite possible, Conor is still legit and actually if Conor isn't legit, Aldo and Alvarez are even more non-legit lol.
tumblr_lq047gF65Y1r0vh76o1_250.gif

He's got 4 top ten wins in his entire career...
Your stat is wrong.

Siver #9
Poirier #5
Mendes#2
Aldo#1
Diaz#5
Alvarez#1

But more importantly Conor now has 3 wins over P4P ranked fighters, and 2 UFC championship belts (3 if you count his interim FW belt)

He's as Elite fighter as there's ever been.

Instead of choosing Edgar?
Man you sell yourself so cheap.

Up to that point Mendes had never lost to anyone not named Aldo, Frankie had already been knocked down by everybody and their momma so please, get off Edgars peanuts.

Edgar just wasnt good enough, stop blaming Conor for that.

I used to be a bit of a Conor hater (hated his overzealous fanboys more than Conor himself, they have been more tolerable after the Diaz loss though lol), but WTF how the hell can almost 1/4 of Sherdog vote that he actually isn't legit?! His recent wins are amazing and some of the best in the sport, if he isn't legit practically no one is.

What makes the irrationality more noticeable is that Khabib, the guy haters say is supposed to expose him, is actually less proven than Conor. Mendes, Aldo, Diaz and Alvarez>RDA and MJ. So the guy with a worse resume is more 'legit' than the guy with a better one? It's like Ronda and Cyborg all over again, Conor haters need to dial it back. Even if Khabib beats Conor which is quite possible, Conor is still legit and actually if Conor isn't legit, Aldo and Alvarez are even more non-legit lol.

I was never a Conor hater. I have appreciated what he brings to the table in MMA. That said, I not only picked Nate over him in the first fight (post history is proof), MANY Diaz fans were claiming that winning in any non-striking win by Nate would "sully" the Daiz name!! I clearly stated a WTF?

Seriously MANY diaz fans had Nick disowning Nate if he was forced to rely on grappling to secure a win against McGregor.

I not only picked Nate to beat McGregor in the first fight, I picked him to do what his fanbase said would be a disgrace to the Diaz name. I guaranteed the Fucktard burnout fan boys of the Diaz brothers that their fighter WOULD win, he would choke Conor out some time in the later rounds (OK I expected it later than the 3nd), and Nick would be ecstatic that his Brother won regardless if he threw a punch or not.

FFS, I love to smoke weed too. That said, there is honestly no fanbase in MMA close to the mental deficiencies that the Diaz fanbase show!

In another thread I posted statistical facts that support your main point in this thread. Want to REALLY piss people off, place indisputable factual data into an argument. You will hit everyone ignore list "like myself". Many Sherdog posters are emotionally invested in the sport and have disdain for statistics. It makes an emotional argument far tough to defend!

Facts show that:
- Conor has fought 1 ranked LW (title fight against champion and current #3 ranked LW Eddie Alverez) in his 3 UFC 2016 fights.
- Khabib has fought 1 ranked LW (#7 Michael Johnson) in his 2 UFC 2016 fights.

Believe it or not, I am more of a fan of Khabib than I am of Conor. I do expect that Khabib will eventually win the UFC LW belt!

There are only 3 top 15 ranked fighters in the UFC FTW division that have fought more than one time this year (2016) and NONE OF THEM have a winning 2016 UFC record. There should be NO UFC FTW title shots (FOR 4 years if necessary) until some contender in the FTW division is willing to get off their dead ass and actually compete, and well, maybe actually (WIN) if they fight twice a year. There is NOTHING in the FTW division at this time, to sniff Conors Jockstrap! Bum stagnant division alright, and it has ZERO to do with McGregor not defending the FTW belt in 11 months!)

There are ony 4 of the top 15 ranked LW's in the same situation fighting more than 1 time in 2016. Of those 4, Eddie is the ONLY one to fight 3 times in 2016 against ranked LW's! Eddie's 2-1 likely makes him the most qualified for the next title shot (even though he was the fighter that got the shot and crushed two weeks ago)! The only other of the four LW ranked fighter with 2 contests against other rank fighters in the division and come out with a winning record is Edson Barboza.

Wierd, with emotionally invested fans allergic to factual statistical data, neither of the two most quantifiable qualified fighters for the next Conor McGregor fight make their list based on "?Fighter passion"?

Up to that point Mendes had never lost to anyone not named Aldo, Frankie had already been knocked down by everybody and their momma so please, get off Edgars peanuts.

Edgar just wasnt good enough, stop blaming Conor for that.

Yeah, the former LW champ, who beat anyone not named Aldo, it's not good enough for Conor.

Luckily, time always proves who's right. And you, my friend, are living in a anachronism.

Yeah, the former LW champ, who beat anyone not named Aldo, it's not good enough for Conor.

Luckily, time always proves who's right. And you, my friend, are living in a anachronism.

Get over it dude. Whatever your argument is, its lame.

You want to say Frankie deserves the fight, he doesnt, Aldo and Holloway both ahead of him.

You want to say Conor is ducking, fuck off brah. Conor has signed on the dotted line to fight the likes of the FW KING Aldo, Champ RDA@LW Diaz@WW and Champ Alvarez@LW in that order.

You want to say Conor has been protected by the UFC but in just his second fight with the promotion they match him up against Max Holloway at a time when Max is being talked about as the next big thing at FW.

When Aldo pulled, it was Frankie or Mendes, not a crime that Mendes was chosen. When Rda pulled, not a crime that Nate was chosen given that their 2 ppvs are amongst the highest selling ever in company history. EDIT** and oh yea, Frankie declined this time, I forgot about that, said he was hurt**

You want to make it a conspiracy against Edgar. Put the tinfoil hat down and just leave it alone. If it was meant to happen then Frankie would have made it so, instead of going out and losing to Aldo worse than he did the first time and not to mention, an Aldo at his most vulnerable. If Frankie was such a beast then he would have capitalized like he did against Mendes but he couldn't. Love Frankie but the bs has got to stop.

Get over it dude. Whatever your argument is, its lame.

You want to say Frankie deserves the fight, he doesnt, Aldo and Holloway both ahead of him.

You want to say Conor is ducking, fuck off brah. Conor has signed on the dotted line to fight the likes of the FW KING Aldo, Champ RDA@LW Diaz@WW and Champ Alvarez@LW in that order.

You want to say Conor has been protected by the UFC but in just his second fight with the promotion they match him up against Max Holloway at a time when Max is being talked about as the next big thing at FW.

When Aldo pulled, it was Frankie or Mendes, not a crime that Mendes was chosen. When Rda pulled, not a crime that Nate was chosen given that their 2 ppvs are amongst the highest selling ever in company history. EDIT** and oh yea, Frankie declined this time, I forgot about that, said he was hurt**

You want to make it a conspiracy against Edgar. Put the tinfoil hat down and just leave it alone. If it was meant to happen then Frankie would have made it so, instead of going out and losing to Aldo worse than he did the first time and not to mention, an Aldo at his most vulnerable. If Frankie was such a beast then he would have capitalized like he did against Mendes but he couldn't. Love Frankie but the bs has got to stop.

You're delusional. Frankie is the greatest stylistic threat to Conor, besides Khabib, and Conor will avoid him as much as he can.

You're delusional. Frankie is the greatest stylistic threat to Conor, besides Khabib, and Conor will avoid him as much as he can.

LOL, here we go. People who think he is ducking Frankie are hilarious, after Frankie's last showing against Aldo he would get killed by Mcgregor, he couldn't get near Aldo and was getting picked apart. Didn't exactly look great in the Stephens fight either.

Fights Aldo = ducking Frankie, Khabib, Diaz and Ferguson.
Fights Frankie = ducking Aldo, Khabib, Diaz and Ferguson.
Fights Khabib = ducking Aldo, Frankie, Diaz and Ferguson.

etc, etc...

No, he's just ducking Frankie and Khabib. The others are all favourable match-ups for him (exception being Tony, MAYBE)

Back