Conor is SUPER LEGIT! Conor haters are more unreasonable than fanboys these days.

I'm not implying that at all. I'm just saying you can't claim he fought a top 10 welterweight just because Diaz is a top 10 lightweight. They didn't fight in the weight class where Diaz is ranked, and it's as simple as that.
if theyd agreed to weigh in at 171.5, these guys would be saying he beat a top 5 MW.

So, ever since Conor debuted in the UFC there has been a group of people that all they did was try to discredit his every win, even when the guys he beat were supposed to "maul him". They went from being really big tests for Conor to being bums just because he made them look like that.

I'm here to tell you all why you should give Conor the credit he deserves. Thorough his FW rise (which was nothing short of amazing) he faced guys like Brimage, Holloway and Brandao, and those were only his first three fights! While people like to say that all of them were put in there specifically for Conor to beat, they were very tough tasks for a prospect's first few fights in the UFC. Hell, one of them is a contender now.

He then fought the first guy that was supposed to "destroy him" in Poirier, and what happened? He did what no one else had been able to do before, embarrassed Dustin before knocking him out in less than 2 minutes. You'd think people would have given him credit for doing that, but noo, Dustin was just a bum that was put in there to pad his record.

And it was the same with Mendes (he didn't have a full training camp!!!!), Aldo (It was a fluke!!!), Nate (He ran, dammit!) and Eddie (He didn't 73 him!). I used to be like that too, until I saw the light.

Honestly, when will you bums get tired of doing this? The main offenders I have seen are: @KONE, @StopDucking, @Hardkore and @Sonny Qc (still love ya, bud). Also tagging @NightwingBJJ because why not?

81e0965ea533f2b528ac3c0dfff8741d3d636e0d7e3dad2f6cf3ff43306ee8f9.jpg

I was a mild Conor hater but got tired of the unreasonable Conor hate too, he is male Ronda Rousey at this point where everything he does is discredited using highsight and less proven potential opponents are propped up as more credible than him. lol

They wont. They don't hate him for his fighting ability, they hate him for everything else. They will always find something to moan about.

So, ever since Conor debuted in the UFC there has been a group of people that all they did was try to discredit his every win, even when the guys he beat were supposed to "maul him". They went from being really big tests for Conor to being bums just because he made them look like that.

I'm here to tell you all why you should give Conor the credit he deserves. Thorough his FW rise (which was nothing short of amazing) he faced guys like Brimage, Holloway and Brandao, and those were only his first three fights! While people like to say that all of them were put in there specifically for Conor to beat, they were very tough tasks for a prospect's first few fights in the UFC. Hell, one of them is a contender now.

He then fought the first guy that was supposed to "destroy him" in Poirier, and what happened? He did what no one else had been able to do before, embarrassed Dustin before knocking him out in less than 2 minutes. You'd think people would have given him credit for doing that, but noo, Dustin was just a bum that was put in there to pad his record.

And it was the same with Mendes (he didn't have a full training camp!!!!), Aldo (It was a fluke!!!), Nate (He ran, dammit!) and Eddie (He didn't 73 him!). I used to be like that too, until I saw the light.

Honestly, when will you bums get tired of doing this? The main offenders I have seen are: @KONE, @StopDucking, @Hardkore and @Sonny Qc (still love ya, bud). Also tagging @NightwingBJJ because why not?

If he wins is next fight, I'm in.

I agree a lot of his haters are annoying but they aren't even almost as bad as Conor fanboys, at least not yet.

Personally I'm a fan of his fights but can't stand his WWE personality, just seems so forced imo.

If he wins is next fight, I'm in.
Better late than never.

I was a mild Conor hater but got tired of the unreasonable Conor hate too, he is male Ronda Rousey at this point where everything he does is discredited using highsight and less proven potential opponents are propped up as more credible than him. lol
Exactly, after a point it gets tiresome. I've decided that it's better to enjoy the ride than to complain about it.

They wont. They don't hate him for his fighting ability, they hate him for everything else. They will always find something to moan about.
Still, they should at least admit that they were wrong 8 times.

I used to be a bit of a Conor hater (hated his overzealous fanboys more than Conor himself, they have been more tolerable after the Diaz loss though lol), but WTF how the hell can almost 1/4 of Sherdog vote that he actually isn't legit?! His recent wins are amazing and some of the best in the sport, if he isn't legit practically no one is.

What makes the irrationality more noticeable is that Khabib, the guy haters say is supposed to expose him, is actually less proven than Conor. Mendes, Aldo, Diaz and Alvarez>RDA and MJ. So the guy with a worse resume is more 'legit' than the guy with a better one? It's like Ronda and Cyborg all over again, Conor haters need to dial it back. Even if Khabib beats Conor which is quite possible, Conor is still legit and actually if Conor isn't legit, Aldo and Alvarez are even more non-legit lol.

u didnt get it, dude.

its not about hatin on Mcgregor, its about hatin on the UFC´s PR & y´all dumbfuck fans.

As a fighter, I like his unorthodox style.

Im actually not hating his fans as much anymore. I thought I'd watch 205 with an objective mind. Obviously a great win over good competition. But just before that... the press conference. The man is a horse's ass. If you call being a complete immature douche "gamesmanship", then find traffic and jump in it.
ZhsD1oI.gif

<3>

If anyone thinks Conor isn't legit at this point... well you're either a hater or straight up retarded.

KOing Aldo in 13 seconds and making Alvarez look like an amateur already puts him up there. Let's not forget he also beat Poirier, a juiced up Mendes, Holloway (and he was injured in this fight), these are also great fighters. Yeah he still has tough fights ahead but what he's done is pretty amazing.

He is a great and legit fighter for sure.
Just don't think he have proved that he is the best LW.
More legit champ than Alvarez though.

I'll only stop being a "hater" the day McGregor fans change to something at least tolerable. Conor fans pretend they're Conor themselves, is actually sad.

I used to be a bit of a Conor hater (hated his overzealous fanboys more than Conor himself, they have been more tolerable after the Diaz loss though lol), but WTF how the hell can almost 1/4 of Sherdog vote that he actually isn't legit?! His recent wins are amazing and some of the best in the sport, if he isn't legit practically no one is.

What makes the irrationality more noticeable is that Khabib, the guy haters say is supposed to expose him, is actually less proven than Conor. Mendes, Aldo, Diaz and Alvarez>RDA and MJ. So the guy with a worse resume is more 'legit' than the guy with a better one? It's like Ronda and Cyborg all over again, Conor haters need to dial it back. Even if Khabib beats Conor which is quite possible, Conor is still legit and actually if Conor isn't legit, Aldo and Alvarez are even more non-legit lol.
Most people hate Conor because he is handed opportunities that other do not get. There are many fighters who could have easily became 2 division champs (Aldo, BJ, Anderson, JJ come to mind) had they been HANDED the opportunity. From an accomplishment standpoint, how does Conor get a title shot at lightweight 1 fight removed from a loss to the #5 lightweight? We all know why ($$$) but from fans that understand the sport he is getting handed opportunities because of $$ and not what he has actually accomplished in the ring. Fans appreciate things being earned. I believe there are 5 guys that probably would beat Eddie Alvarez if they were HANDED the same opportunity. Is he the best lightweight, probably yes, but it needs to be earned to be respected and not handed to him. This would be like putting the Knicks in the NBA finals because they generate the most money.

Diaz is an easy matchup for him that he lost and barely won the second time?

Mendes is an easy matchup?

For Aldo and Alvarez, are we sure this isn't hindsight bias? Maybe you can show past posts where you predicted them being easy matchups for him, most who say this however probably can't.

Aldo - I give you that, that wasn't an easy fight. However Aldo didn't get the rematch he deserved.
Mendes wasn't a good stylistic match-up but he is nowhere near the skill-level (grappling-wise) of someone like Khabib or Frankie Edgar to whom he even lost - and Aldo won.

So - in hindsight - he had one fight that wasn't easy, and that was his first title-fight. wow.

Diaz lost against Dos Anjos. Conor was the favorite in that fight.

Back