Conor is just a genius self-promoter, which scares me

So apparently the man with the most money wins the fight hey?

News to me thanks for that.

Whens Bill Gates getting into UFC every division champ incoming!!!!
Lol. Nah. Yhe fact that newd oitlets in america go out of their way to go over minor details in body language, eye movements etc.

Conor would mentally break in the primaries.

Conor fans right now

tenor.gif

its like you haters couldn't wait for Mcgregor's face in pillow moment, guess what kids? life goes on after a cage fight.

Sometimes when you lose; you actually win.

Sometimes when you win; you actually lose.

Sometimes when you win or lose; you actually tie.

A great philosopher once said that.

I got to admit Conor is one hell of a salesman he made people believe that he can beat Mayweather in boxing conned 100 million out of everyone.

Pumping up the Dallas Cowboys on national TV, a week after losing the biggest MMA fight in history. And not just losing, but being dominated. It's like the aftermath of the fight made everyone forget that he got embarrassed.

His whiskey is getting horrible reviews, yet is selling like hotcakes. I'm getting Jim Jones koolaid vibes, for those of you old enough to remember that.

A lot of hate fueled biases for those reviews though. I've seen positive ones too.

It's also only a 3 year old whiskey, it's never gonna be great. So it's easy to say it's crap if you don't take that into account and you compare it with older whiskeys. Not that I have tried it yet, so I'm not saying it's not bad. But the few positive ones at least had well thought out reviews and weren't just being snobby as all hell. Also saw a blind tasting of Jameson, Proper 12 and another brand, which Proper 12 won.

Pumping up the Dallas Cowboys on national TV, a week after losing the biggest MMA fight in history. And not just losing, but being dominated. It's like the aftermath of the fight made everyone forget that he got embarrassed.

His whiskey is getting horrible reviews, yet is selling like hotcakes. I'm getting Jim Jones koolaid vibes, for those of you old enough to remember that.

He is a modern day Pirate.

He is Better at sales than he is at fighting. I'm no Conor fan, but he is definitely good at marketing himself!

"Conor makes me so mad. He should be in a dark room depressed because he lost to Khabib not hanging out at NFL games where multiple players imitated his walk."

"Conor makes me so mad. He should be in a dark room depressed because he lost to Khabib not hanging out at NFL games where multiple players imitated his walk."
I'm a Conor fan and I don't like where his head is. After the Diaz fight he seemed obsessed with the rematch, now he dgaf. He got destroyed in that fight. Khabib schooled him everywhere the fight took place and he's just acting like nothing happened.
I don't want him to be "depressed" but this isn't the mindset that would get him to beat someone like Habib. You need to let the loss burn you a little bit.

leftover flavor of the month hype.

That too, it was Lorenzo's doing, not his. Lorenzo wined and dined the poor bloke up... dressed him up in fancy suits, gave him expensive car rentals and rental homes

Then gave him a shortcut to a title... before selling the company for 4 billion USD while promising connedME that Conor will fight for another title.

Yup... Now Conor is in a hurry to prematurely end his success. His coach is publicly saying Conor won't train seriously. Conor has lost 2 big fights back to back. He's been reckless in behavior. He seems to have developed a drinking and substance abuse problem.

Yea.... he's riding the wave that Lorenzo generated for him... and it is still flowing, but he will have to keep finding success in the sport to keep going forward. If he loses badly once or twice more, you think people are going to have him lining up to be part of their story?

He's going to get mocked out the building... mark my words.

#1: Lots of top UFC fighters have lost to other great fighters...Chuck, Randy, Tito, etc. Great fighters sometimes lose, particularly when facing another great fighter after a 2-year layoff.

#2: Liquor sales have nothing to do with the way it tastes or what critics score it. For example, Bacardi white rum is a top-selling liquor and it's gross, as is Absolut vodka, Crown Royal whisky, etc., never mind the alcoholic grape juice that makes up most of the top selling wines.

#3: Tom Brady is still (one of) the best QB of the last 15 years, regardless of whether they've won the latest Superbowl or not. A loss doesn't erase the past. Conor is still the guy that held 2 belts, KO'd the FW GOAT in 13 seconds, and had the stones to make his pro boxing debut against an all-time great.

I don't know what people's issue with the whiskey is.

It's $29. It's a mixer. Like every other $29 whiskey. You drink it to get hammered before a football game, not to celebrate buying a yacht.

Khabib owned him in the cage, no doubt.

But Conor was so in his head that he melted down after a WIN !!

Without Conor, do you think Khabib manages to earn more than half of what he earned (or would have if he hadn't spun out)?

Conor sells fights, better than anyone else ever has in MMA, and that's why he has fans. I'll back an entertaining fighter over a boring one all day long.

Casual fans at work here are talking about Conor making an ugly football pass and how embarrassing that was. Yet none of them think the loss was embarrassing because Khabib "is a boring wrestler who smothers fighters on the ground".

lol Conor's a billionaire and Khabib may never fight again.

Who really won?
So you don't give a shit about fighting then?

Because I don't care who made the most money. I watch the fights. Not the yearly Forbes reports.

He won the match, but perhaps lost the war?
What war exactly?

Was it Conor's intention to get some of Khabib's friends out of the UFC? And was it more important than the fight?

And why would we care more about anything but the fight in this? Shouldn't the fight be what counts to us? The fight fans?

In 20 minutes Khabib changed Conor’s career from MMA fighter to full-time whiskey salesman.

People don’t care if he lost. Especially celebrities. They all stick together
I think that's true up until they feel like you're damaged goods or they can't get somethin from you to help their own careers. Conor was a great self promotor but he is running on yesterday's accolades and if he keeps losing everyone will turn on him.

Back