"Conor is irrelevant" - Conor haters, meanwhile

Losing a fight while making $20 million doesn’t make you not successful. Can’t take away from his accomplishments. Emotionally invested fans just make his popularity and value more prolific.
It makes you a rich quitter.

So you have a really high definition of success. Is Khabib the only successful fighter since he hasn’t lost or is he shit too?
A fighter can lose. That’s not the issue. It’s how he or she goes out that matters. For someone who talked so much shit, Conor did not go out on his sword. He even said it’s only business Which is basically admitting he’s fake as fuck

A fighter can lose. That’s not the issue. It’s how he or she goes out that matters. For someone who talked so much shit, Conor did not go out on his sword. He even said it’s only business Which is basically admitting he’s fake as fuck
Yeah, and how is he wrong? He himself generated all the hype and monetary success of his fights, not his opponents. It is business, and millions get suckered into it emotionally so that’s why he is successful. Khabib would not have made nearly as much money or had nearly as much fame as he does now if he defended against TFerg.

Half the front page is Conor haters talking about how Conor's past match against Max doesn't count or how he would lose in a rematch.

Last time I checked I didn't spend time discussing people that I felt were irrelevant to the sport.

<TheWire1>

Then why are you discussing it

Half the front page is Conor haters talking about how Conor's past match against Max doesn't count or how he would lose in a rematch.

Last time I checked I didn't spend time discussing people that I felt were irrelevant to the sport.

<TheWire1>
He's been rendered irrelevant as an elite fighter because in the fights that sold most ppv's and most people were watching, he was getting his ass handed to him.

He's still relevant in terms of "popularity" the same way someone like a Kim Kardashian, or Drake are relevant, so if you're a high school girl and you measure success by how "famous" someone is, how many people follow them on instagram, and how much money they might have, then you can celebrate him and gloat about his fame on sherdog.

People talk about him and Max now cause Max is breaking people, and Conor breaks so nicely so it's a lovely matchup that's sure to produce epic gifs and another Conor quitting face to shoop.

Losing a fight while making $20 million doesn’t make you not successful. Can’t take away from his accomplishments. Emotionally invested fans just make his popularity and value more prolific.
I never understand why people like you feel that this should be important to an mma fan?

We're in it to see the fights, and we're on this forum to discuss the fights. What the hell does his paycheck have to do with me??

To bring that up is fucken stupid, and it's a stupidity that only seems to pertain to mma. I've never seen a situation like that in other sports, like if Leo Messi just lost in the world cup final, and people are discussing the performance, imagine a bunch of his fanboys getting defensive with "ya well Leo Messi made hundreds of millions of dollars so he wins, you're just hating, bla bla bla."

Who fucken cares, we're here to talk about fights right? You wanna worship another man's earnings go fanboy some CEO's and bankers that could buy and sell Conor tenfold.

I never understand why people like you feel that this should be important to an mma fan?

We're in it to see the fights, and we're on this forum to discuss the fights. What the hell does his paycheck have to do with me??

To bring that up is fucken stupid, and it's a stupidity that only seems to pertain to mma. I've never seen a situation like that in other sports, like if Leo Messi just lost in the world cup final, and people are discussing the performance, imagine a bunch of his fanboys getting defensive with "ya well Leo Messi made hundreds of millions of dollars so he wins, you're just hating, bla bla bla."

Who fucken cares, we're here to talk about fights right? You wanna worship another man's earnings go fanboy some CEO's and bankers that could buy and sell Conor tenfold.
If you read the dialogue, he was trying to say that Conor was not successful. He is still mad at Conor about the Khabib trash talk. Conor always puts on good fights win or lose.

I don’t give a shit what he makes, I just wish more fighters could make more to draw more talent to mma.

If you read the dialogue, he was trying to say that Conor was not successful. He is still mad at Conor about the Khabib trash talk. Conor always puts on good fights win or lose.

I don’t give a shit what he makes, I just wish more fighters could make more to draw more talent to mma.
Well I doubt anyone said Conor was not successful in making money, so if he was referring to being “successful” I imagine he was talking in terms of the fight itself.

Why bring money into that conversation?

And a lot of people don’t like sociopathic behaviour, why should we celebrate promotion by douchebaggery? Is “more money” really ALL that should matter?

Well I doubt anyone said Conor was not successful in making money, so if he was referring to being “successful” I imagine he was talking in terms of the fight itself.

Why bring money into that conversation?

And a lot of people don’t like sociopathic behaviour, why should we celebrate promotion by douchebaggery? Is “more money” really ALL that should matter?
No way money is not all that should matter, but if your sport involves getting punched in the face I hope you get paid well.

The money comes up because it is intrinsically connected to the popularity of the fighter. If Conor didn’t play the heel and have his out of cage antics, nobody would be talking about him and nobody would be talking about Khabib.

But now Khabib is a superstar. And Khabib wants more.

Shogun tapped to a body shot, hopefully you treat him equally

No way money is not all that should matter, but if your sport involves getting punched in the face I hope you get paid well.

The money comes up because it is intrinsically connected to the popularity of the fighter. If Conor didn’t play the heel and have his out of cage antics, nobody would be talking about him and nobody would be talking about Khabib.

But now Khabib is a superstar. And Khabib wants more.
Again, I'm not a fighter and I can only look at it from a fan's point of view.

I'm not against them making a lot of money, but as a fan of the sport I also care about the sport's integrity and legitimacy.

As a father I also care about my son growing up learning that in martial arts, and any sport or competition in general, it's important to respect your opponent and respect yourself. Meanwhile the message that's being sent is that nihilism and shameless self promotion is required to be "popular" and make a lot of money.

See when u are an incel you don't have life. U must fill it up by something and bashing on Conor is one of the ways.

Cinor is a great fighter. He has 5 more fights and I will pay to watch all of them

I wish there was just MMA talk and separate section for suicidal incels.

<TheWire1>

Bashing Conor is the right thing to do. He stood for the degradation of most of the western enlightenment values that make human beings great. Conor made himself a symbol for magical thinking, arrogance, greed and materialism, pride and braggadociousness. Conor should be put down so that the many lost young men who worship him or look up to him can find a better symbol and role model.

BcBeXi3.png

Back