*Conor is doing just what GSP did: avoid fighting until the row of logical opponents gets weak*

GSP retired from MMA just when Hendricks, Lawler, Lombard, where on their prime. A bunch of strong heavy hitters with good defensive wrestling, that would appear as really tough fights for him. He even avoided Woodley and Wonderboy, and only decided to came back from retirement when his chance for another division belt, at MW, was as easy as it has ever been. He just came back cause Bisping was, somehow, the champ. GSP would've denied a comeback if Rockhold, Weidman, Romero, Mousasi, Gastelum, Whitaker or Jacare were the MW champ.

On the same note, McGregor has been trying to dodge a belt defense at LW just cause Tony and Khabib are the #1 and #2 (not necesarilly in that order) contenders. He knows both of them would expose him. He seems to be waiting for them to fight each other, or expecting for, somehow, somebody else doing his job. I mean, no doubt Conor would've love to watch Kevin Lee beating Tony or Barboza beating Khabib. Bad for him.

I mean, he seems to want a fight with undersized, old, Frankie Edgar, or with overrated Nate Díaz. Not even Holloway.
Damm, i hated when RDA got injured. He would've done the job.

Conor is good, definitely not that good. Overrated. He should fight or retire.

P.S. Don't get me all wrong. GSP defended his belt numerous times. I'm a GSP fan, but i'm not that wrong about him. On the other hand, Conor, don't like him at all.

Pathetic troll who doesn’t even know how to use fucking QUOTATION marks. You’re not fucking quoting when you are writing your OWN trash.

GSP GOAT. Never failed a piss test, defended his title, double division champion, honorably gave up title, did VADA, destroyed every opponents future career (GSP curse), avenged every loss, never beat his wife or even got a DUI.

"I started watching MMA just when Hendricks, Lawler, Lombard, where on their prime." FTFY TS

GSP retired from MMA just when Hendricks, Lawler, Lombard, where on their prime. A bunch of strong heavy hitters with good defensive wrestling, that would appear as really tough fights for him. He even avoided Woodley and Wonderboy, and only decided to came back from retirement when his chance for another division belt, at MW, was as easy as it has ever been. He just came back cause Bisping was, somehow, the champ. GSP would've denied a comeback if Rockhold, Weidman, Romero, Mousasi, Gastelum, Whitaker or Jacare were the MW champ.

On the same note, McGregor has been trying to dodge a belt defense at LW just cause Tony and Khabib are the #1 and #2 (not necesarilly in that order) contenders. He knows both of them would expose him. He seems to be waiting for them to fight each other, or expecting for, somehow, somebody else doing his job. I mean, no doubt Conor would've love to watch Kevin Lee beating Tony or Barboza beating Khabib. Bad for him.

I mean, he seems to want a fight with undersized, old, Frankie Edgar, or with overrated Nate Díaz. Not even Holloway.

P.S. Don't get me all wrong. GSP defended his belt numerous times. I'm a GSP fan, but i'm not that wrong about him. On the other hand, Conor, don't like him at all.
GSP ducked no one. You're a fucking retard along with @Jerry the mouse

Woodley couldn't even beat Jake Shields in a striking match to get that GSP shot. No one is scared of juicehead, overrated Lombard. Lawler was avoiding the UFC like the plague when Georges was champ.

Juiced up Hendricks managed to lose a decision to Georges.... Grats?

He is a fucking bum in the USADA era and it proves exactly the reasons why Georges left. Georges' acl being fucked was the end of his prime, AKA before his fight with Condit, which was when he started talking about leaving.

You're welcome for the free lesson.

Finishing a fighter is FAR more dominant than winning by points.

So his resume cannot be the greatest, when other fighters are leaving opponents unconscious and not able to continue the fight.

That's your opinion.

In my opinion, if I had to bet on a fighter in his prime to beat any other fighter in his weight class, it would absolutely be GSP.

To me that's a reasonable selection method if you're trying to claim a fighter is the best. In fact, it should be the only one.

If fighter A is more likely to win but fighter B is more likely to finish if he wins, fighter A is the better fighter.

People who argue otherwise aren't arguing who's better, they're arguing who they find more entertaining, and that's fine.

That's your opinion.

In my opinion, if I had to bet on a fighter in his prime to beat any other fighter in his weight class, it would absolutely be GSP.

To me that's a reasonable selection method if you're trying to claim a fighter is the best. In fact, it should be the only one.

If fighter A is more likely to win but fighter B is more likely to finish if he wins, fighter A is the better fighter.

People who argue otherwise aren't arguing who's better, they're arguing who they find more entertaining, and that's fine.

Good criteria, but by that measure, Jones has never been defeated, so he wins.

Hypocritical GSP dickriders bash other fighters saying they are on roids without a failed test but get mad when others do the same to GSP lol

That's a classic GSP-fanboy fighter bashing move. They always bash fighters, no matter what. Hendricks never failed a test, but they accuse him nonetheless. Hypocrite scum.

You both are :eek::eek::eek:get keayboard warriors. GSP was well aware of the roids rampant in the WW division. Look at Hendricks and Lawler since USADA came into place. Pathetic downfall. OH and he knew that Silva was roiding hard as well. Fighters have inside sources.

Woooooww, that's you first idiotic comment that received likes.

And it's a fighter bashing comment.

Yeah, he knew because he was/is familiar with the routine.

Good criteria, but by that measure, Jones has never been defeated, so he wins.

Read my post again and actually think about it. Try and find the truth instead of trying to win.

Lawler fucked up Rory post-USADA buddy. All the wars have caught up to him now; it happens.

Hendricks' downfall has more to do with a lack of discipline and the IV ban.
It's more likely to do with USADA; do people forget how suspicious Hendricks was reacting to the idea of getting tested by VADA prior to his fight with GSP?

GSP fans just don’t want to face the fact that he’s very similar to Conor he takes off 3+ years comes back at a different weight class fights for the belt and then almost right away gives it up I guess he’s better than Conor at least he gave up the belt pretty much after technically holding up the division for over a year cuz we all know Bisping wasn’t gonna fight anyone but GSP as long as he had that belt
Difference is GSP defended his belt 9 fuckin times. How dumb can you be?

What a shit thread. Neither Wonderboy, Lombard, or Woodley were on the radar for a title shot when GSP retired. Wonderboy was still considered a prospect ffs. The logical next fight would have been a Hendricks rematch or Lawler. Absolute revisionist history.

GSP was only tested by USADA for one fight, and didn't look all that good before landing a lucky punch against a guy that got starched by Kelvin and beat down by a 46 year old post-TRT Hendo.

I won't accuse GSP of doing anything without a good amount of evidence, which is unlike what you did with Hendricks and Lawler.
Lawler’s levels for the Rory fight were deeply suspect.

GSP vacated the belt and retired. Don't remember conor doing that

GSP has finished all his opponents post usada and he was dominating all his opponents in 5 rounds decisions at the peak of doping. Only one word: GOAT.

Finishing a fighter is FAR more dominant than winning by points.

So his resume cannot be the greatest, when other fighters are leaving opponents unconscious and not able to continue the fight.

Can’t beleive idiots are still arguing decisioning is same as finishing fights

When you go to a decision you ran outta time to actually beat your opponent within given time.

It’s like soccer game ending in a 0-0 draw n then arguing your team won cause they had more ball possession time n shots on target.

Exactly. Waiting for competition to get old is is also why Muhammad Ali retired from boxing for a couple of years, and Michael Jordan temporarily retired from the NBA to play baseball, why Mario Lemieux retired from hockey but then came back, why Roger Clemens retired and then came back, why Brent Favre retired and came back to the NFL ... in fact there's a long list of top pro's who retired and came back.

All of which definitely proves your point: if a professional athlete retires and then comes back it clearly means they were waiting for top level opposition to get old. Because retired athletes have a magical anti-aging serum they take, so they don't age while retired.

Last edited:
Back