Conor is defending his belt against Khabib

Pretty sure those guys retired or voluntarily relinquished their belts. Pretty sure the guys who won the belts after them had to beat other top fighters to do so.

<Moves><Moves><Moves><Moves><Moves><Moves>
I thought you were joking but I guess you’re actually serious.

So it's Khabib's fault nobody could /would fight him instead of Al ?
Would that not have been the REAL time Conor defends? Why did he not step in when Tony got injured?
Now you Conor fans spin this shit??? Jeez-us.
Khabib and Tony sure had some bad luck. There’s no question. Nobody is blaming Khabib for not being able to fight a top guy for the belt, that’s just how it shook out since Tony was hurt so late in the piece.

But the UFC just gave a belt out because they needed a title fight.

I thought you were joking but I guess you’re actually serious.
Not really serious. Just a bit of harmless fun.

I’m mostly just giddy with excitement that this fight may actually happen. I never thought we’d see it and this is a brilliant fight to make to see who is the best in a hot division.

Yes folks, Conor continues to defy what his detractors want to accuse him of. “He’ll never fight Khabib” and “he’ll never defend a belt” are the two most common complaints people level against Conor to justify their dislike of him.

Conor never lost his belt to another fighter, and only a couple of months after being stripped he is fighting for the belt again. Make no mistake, lords and ladies, Conor is defending what is his, and doing it against the toughest opposition available.
tenor.gif

Guys, Khabib won his belt by beating the #11 guy. He is a terrific fighter, but he is also the paperiest paper champ in UFC history.

This is Conor’s chance to defend and Khabib’s chance to solidfy himself as the real champ.
More of a paper champion that someone that got choked out by Nate Diaz, and then barely scraped by in the rematch and has one total win in his entire career at 155? More paper champion than that?

More of a paper champion that someone that got choked out by Nate Diaz, and then barely scraped by in the rematch and has one total win in his entire career at 155? More paper champion than that?
Conor has many wins at 155 in his career. And Conor crushed the current champ. Did he deserve the shot? Probably not. But he did what he needed to do, which is to beat the current champ and he made it look easy.

So yeah, more papery than Conor.

EDIT: but I’ll stress again, this fight is so great since it legitimises either man’s standing at the top of the division.

Khabib and Tony sure had some bad luck. There’s no question. Nobody is blaming Khabib for not being able to fight a top guy for the belt, that’s just how it shook out since Tony was hurt so late in the piece.

But the UFC just gave a belt out because they needed a title fight.

That belt would not have even been up for grabs, if a HEALTHY McGregor, actually sacked up and defended to begin with.

Khabib is the true, and deserved Champ, defending it for the first time against McGregor. Something Conor refused to do. Instead he showed up coked out, pissed up, throwing dollies, instead of defending. So why not put the blame of Khabibs soft title shot, on McGregor?

That belt would not have even been up for grabs, if a HEALTHY McGregor, actually sacked up and defended to begin with.

Khabib is the true, and deserved Champ, defending it for the first time against McGregor. Something Conor refused to do. Instead he showed up coked out, pissed up, throwing dollies, instead of defending. So why not put the blame of Khabibs soft title shot, on McGregor?
Sure, Conor is partly responsible. The dolly throwing was reprehensible.

I’m actually tempted to suggest that this was all something of a set-up to be honest. I think this fight sells better now than it would have if Conor were defending.

But he did what he needed to do, which is to beat the current champ and he made it look easy.
Conor got a title shot gifted to him at 55, for going 1-1 at 170. While getting finished by Nate in the second round, after they cherry picked him from Mexico, in party mode. You think that is less "papered" than Khabis's shot? Khabib earned the shot from fighting whoever they put in front of him, and being undefeated.

Conor got a title shot gifted to him at 55, for going 1-1 at 170. While getting finished by Nate in the second round, after they cherry picked him from Mexico, in party mode. You think that is less "papered" than Khabis's shot? Khabib earned the shot from fighting whoever they put in front of him, and being undefeated.
Man, you’re starting to spoil my fun here. Stop making proper arguments, please.

Sure, Conor is partly responsible. The dolly throwing was reprehensible.

I’m actually tempted to suggest that this was all something of a set-up to be honest. I think this fight sells better now than it would have if Conor were defending.
I think it was a setup to keep Khabib from taking his belt he refused to defend while healthy. If Khabib gets off the bus, goodbye title shot. And his fans truly think he was there to defend Lobov? Ha!

I think it was a setup to keep Khabib from taking his belt he refused to defend while healthy. If Khabib gets off the bus, goodbye title shot. And his fans truly think he was there to defend Lobov? Ha!
I don’t want to go full Eddie Bravo, but I kind of think there was a bigger play here.

I don’t want to go full Eddie Bravo, but I kind of think there was a bigger play here.
Perhaps...But the fact still remains, Conor should have defended, and got stripped for not defending. Now his fans are calling Khabib the "paper Champ"?

Perhaps...But the fact still remains, Conor should have defended, and got stripped for not defending. Now his fans are calling Khabib the "paper Champ"?
To be honest, I’d call anyone in Khabib’s position a paper champion. That’s partly to do with Conor not defending, but also due to the fact that once events conspired against a perfectly good fight to determine a new champ (Ferguson vs Khabib) the UFC just made any old fight for womever could male weight and called it a title fight. That’s poor.

Khabib can only beat whomever is in front of him, so this isn’t on him. The UFC should have declared the belt vacant and have Khabib wait as half of the as-yet-to-be-decided title fight. Having anyone fight the #11 guy for the belt is frankly ludicrous. This was done solely so the UFC could have a title fight, no other reason.

I also blame the UFC for not having a good alternate ready.

To be honest, I’d call anyone in Khabib’s position a paper champion. That’s partly to do with Conor not defending, but also due to the fact that once events conspired against a perfectly good fight to determine a new champ (Ferguson vs Khabib) the UFC just made any old fight for womever could male weight and called it a title fight. That’s poor.

Khabib can only beat whomever is in front of him, so this isn’t on him. The UFC should have declared the belt vacant and have Khabib wait as half of the as-yet-to-be-decided title fight. Having anyone fight the #11 guy for the belt is frankly ludicrous. This was done solely so the UFC could have a title fight, no other reason.

I also blame the UFC for not having a good alternate ready.

This^ Is why I said what I did about you earlier. Honestly, I wish I could do the same, but his fans make it impossible for me. Great post Mano.....

@MescalineDreams ...Se this post. It is exactly what you claim to be. Cod here is a Conor fan that is more unbiased than you, who says he is not even a fan. It would be great to see you own your inner Fanboy Man.

This^ Is why I said what I did about you earlier. Honestly, I wish I could do the same, but his fans make it impossible for me. Great post Mano.....

@MescalineDreams ...Se this post. It is exactly what you claim to be. Cod here is a Conor fan that is more unbiased than you, who says he is not even a fan. It would be great to see you own your inner Fanboy Man.
I can assure you I have my own style and level of analysis. I am a fan of Conor. Definitely. I respect him deeply, I have gained a lot from him as both a martial artist and fan, he's very Inspirational both In and outside of the ring.

That said. That personal opinion is Irrelevant when It comes to my ability to analyze the entirety of his career in both a personal and professional level.

Whatever those feelings or not, even If I deeply hated him. As I told you before. It would be the same.

I'm not Interested in massaging my own bullshit and being a bitch. Whatever the unbiased objective truth Is, that's what I care about.

Conor's dope, doesn't mean he's Immune to valid criticism.

I can assure you I have my own style and level of analysis. I am a fan of Conor. Definitely. I respect him deeply, I have gained a lot from him as both a martial artist and fan, he's very Inspirational both In and outside of the ring.

That said. That personal opinion is Irrelevant when It comes to my ability to analyze the entirety of his career in both a personal and professional level.

Whatever those feelings or not, even If I deeply hated him. As I told you before. It would be the same.

I'm not Interested in massaging my own bullshit and being a bitch. Whatever the unbiased objective truth Is, that's what I care about.

Conor's dope, doesn't mean he's Immune to valid criticism.
donald-trump-tax-return-few-exceptions.gif

It's 100% true imo. His last fight was less than a year ago... Stripping his title & then offering the belt to someone who has the ability to beat anyone who can make weight on short notice is ridiculous.

Teh fook is anyone even looking at Khabib's fake belt as legit for anywayz?

Last edited:
I agree with @Codpiece

Conor said it would be after August but he was definitely aiming for this year... & low & behold here we are with exactly what he said. However in the meantime... like 6 months after his last fight the UFC decided that was too long to wait. The UFC knew they were holding up the division for the money May fight. They were fine with it until after they made their money... then all of a sudden Conor extending his timeline is a problem. I don't know what his reasoning was for the extended delay (that he mentioned at the star of the year,) because no details were given, but he is now doing exactly what he said.

meanwhile the UFC gives the title shot to whomever teh fook can show up & make weight... lol...

<FookIsThatGuy>

You may not like how it went down from Conor's end, but it certainly isn't cohesive how it went down from Khashook's end either.

Back