Conor is a ratings draw regardless of Org; Bellator 187 peaks at 1 million viewers during McG run in

How can you say that's a really good number for that card???

It's lower then the avg. even with a massive spike at the start of the show. If anything it shows many hardcore MMA fans don't give a shit about Bellator because they were the ones tuning in for that spike in ratings and left after it. I think that speaks volumes about what MMA fans think of Bellator and that is kind of scary.

ABSOLUTELY peaking over 1 million,and averaging 600,000 viewers for a TAPE DELAYED weak card is good numbers......explain how this was supposed to do tentpole numbers when it was tape delayed and had no draws????

Let's put this in perspective....

Both the other tape delayed events did lesser numbers....

Bellator 173 Mcgeary vs McDermott did 856,000 peak viewers & averaged 557,000 viewers.(aside from mcgeary,Gallagher was co main)

Bellator 176 Carvalho vs Manhoef did 688,000 peak & averaged 478,000 viewers.

SO YEAH BELLATOR DID GREAT NUMBERS IN IRELAND .....DUH

ABSOLUTELY peaking over 1 million,and averaging 600,000 viewers for a TAPE DELAYED weak card is good numbers......explain how this was supposed to do tentpole numbers when it was tape delayed and had no draws????

Let's put this in perspective....

Both the other tape delayed events did lesser numbers....

Bellator 173 Mcgeary vs McDermott did 856,000 peak viewers & averaged 557,000 viewers.(aside from mcgeary,Gallagher was co main)

Bellator 176 Carvalho vs Manhoef did 688,000 peak & averaged 478,000 viewers.

SO YEAH BELLATOR DID GREAT NUMBERS IN IRELAND .....DUH

This is the difference......peak numbers usually occur during the main event of a show. They usually build through out the show also.

Bellator spiked a high number simply because of Conor for the first 20 mins or whatever. No one outside of people who visit MMA sites or MMA social media sites that afternoon even knew what happen in Ireland. Those are fans of MMA who tuned in and not blow joe fan that tunes into big events only. Bellator couldn't keep MMA fan tuned in. Most bailed immediately after the Conor incident. That isn't good when you get a true MMA fan taking time to check out your event and bailing on your product right after Conor.

Sure on the surface it looks good. But it really isn't when you dive into it. It's very telling what avg MMA fan thinks of the Bellator product. I enjoy Bellator but I'm not delusional on this is kind worrisome.

P.S.: I get that its taped delay. But a lot of Bellator events don't do much different in ratings between live or taped. Maybe a 100K swing at the most and many of the tape delay cards aren't that hot to begin with so even if they were live I doubt you'd see much over all difference.

That's not true what happened in Ireland wasn't on just mma sites or mma social media it was a trending topic on Google and reached more then just hardcores.

It was a mixture of casuals and hardcore who tuned in to see mcnuggets ......then hardcores and some casuals kept watching the entire show afterward.

Of course they weren't able to maintain the peak numbers it wasn't a great lineup to begin with it's natural it would dip but it stayed at 600,000 not bad at all.

The point I'm making is these numbers were better then the 2 previous tape delayed events.....and it was a,lesser card then the other 2.

People stayed and watched a weak card AFTER mcnuggets...this is good.

They aren't doing PFL numbers they are doing fine,and making money.....no biggie.

Back