Conor is a ratings draw regardless of Org; Bellator 187 peaks at 1 million viewers during McG run in

By acting like a total idiot?

I dont think so.

I'm looking at this as the beginning of his downfall. Everyone has a limit and i think he devalued himself, def made himself NOT someone to co-promote with, and at the end if the day for WME and Co, it's not a good business model to be held hostage by one star who's behaviour has crossed the border on a jackass.

His antics may have provided just the freakshow people tune into Bellator for, but it's a one-off, not repeatable, and has nothing to do with his bargaining power with the UFC outside of devaluing himself in re: long tem goals.

For instance, if LeBron James cupped a turd he pushed out of his own ass right in the middle of a basketball game and slam dunked that shitball through a basketball hoop, you'd see me turning in to the first basketball game I've watched in three decades, but that doesnt mean LeBron's value went up.

I do think Conor planned on making some kind of a scene at Bellator but he got carried away

War @Sonny Qc

498697.jpg
war white DJ khaled.

Lol what is it with @Toner and @Sonny Qc ??? I mean I know toner is a bitch troll and sonny is a respectable poster but what is the backstory here???

Conor will be co-president of Bellator with Coker

It's threads like this that almost make me a Conor hater.

I did use my eyes if your referring to Dana at least the guys passionate for the sport. Conor would only be in it for the money.

Sport? Dana?

Cmon now. Dana runs this like it's the WWE and ONLY supports and rewards fighters who make him a lot of money - not those that are the best.

FUCKING MCNUGGETS!!!

It's great Bellator was smart enough to slap together a promo of mcnuggets going haywire to help viewership ratings on a tape delayed card with literally no name value.

It's cool they got a million peak during that BS coke fueled freak out but what the real story is the average was in the 600,000 range.....

Ppl tuned in and stayed for what was a super lackluster card after Gallagher got hurt......thats a really good number for the quality of that card....im seriously surprised....nice.

Peaked in their first half hour. Meanwhile, average views sucked ass.

Big whoop.

I don't think that rating says anything about Bellator. It say Conor himself not even fighting can pull better number than many Bellator events.

The card was so lack luster that half the people that tuned in left right after it. Sad thing is those people that tuned in for that are hard core MMA fans. Because you won't know that going to happen unless you were visiting MMA sites or MMA social media avenues that afternoon.

It's leverage, alright... Leverage AGAINST Conor!

Conor does 1M+ PPV buys under the UFC banner, but on his own can only draw around the same amount of viewers despite it being on free television? What a bum! He needs the UFC clearly more than it needs him.

You do realize the spike in ratings was from basically hardcore MMA fan who knew he was going to be on because they visited MMA sites and MMA related social media that afternoon. Otherwise no one knew about it and half of them basically turned Bellator off after it.

In comparison, Bellator 186 peaked at 800,000 viewers during Phil Davis’ fight.
that wasnt on that card though. would be more interesting to compare the macG spike to the main event viewership. it was a pretty weak card and tape delayed.

FUCKING MCNUGGETS!!!

It's great Bellator was smart enough to slap together a promo of mcnuggets going haywire to help viewership ratings on a tape delayed card with literally no name value.

It's cool they got a million peak during that BS coke fueled freak out but what the real story is the average was in the 600,000 range.....

Ppl tuned in and stayed for what was a super lackluster card after Gallagher got hurt......thats a really good number for the quality of that card....im seriously surprised....nice.

How can you say that's a really good number for that card???

It's lower then the avg. even with a massive spike at the start of the show. If anything it shows many hardcore MMA fans don't give a shit about Bellator because they were the ones tuning in for that spike in ratings and left after it. I think that speaks volumes about what MMA fans think of Bellator and that is kind of scary.

Back