Conor is a ratings draw regardless of Org; Bellator 187 peaks at 1 million viewers during McG run in

Toner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://mmapayout.com/2017/11/bellator-187-peaks-with-1-million-viewers-during-mcgregor-run-in/

According to Nielsen, the Conor McGregor interruption this past Friday at Bellator 187 drew 1 million viewers on SpikeTV in the quarter hour that the event occurred.

As you recall, McGregor charged the cage after his teammate’s first round KO. McGregor then proceeded to go after referee Marc Goddard. The event occurred in the first quarter hour of the Bellator tape-delayed telecast on Spike TV. The news on social media spread and many tuned in to watch the antics.

In comparison, Bellator 186 peaked at 800,000 viewers during Phil Davis’ fight.

Overall, Bellator 187 drew 621,000 viewers in DVR +3 ratings.

The 1 million viewers is a peak threshold not seen by Bellator on Spike TV since Bellator 175 this past spring. It says something that McGregor’s appearance was the likely reason many tuned in considering the peak was in the first quarter hour and most telecast peak as the event progresses.

Thoughts?

For a pre-corded event that is some strong rating.

No one is denying he's a draw - but at this point his antics like this and refusing to defend belts against challengers just brings the sport into disrepute.

I don't live in Ireland anymore, but I read plenty of news from back home - the people and the media are just getting tired of Mcgregor acting like an idiot, promising the casuals he'll beat Floyd so they fly over and spend their hard earned cash when in reality he and everyone else with half a brain knew he had no chance at all. You add in flat out refusing to defend any belt he has ever won and well ill sentiment is starting to take hold.

I don't think ANYONE, even myself, can deny that the guy is THE draw in MMA.

He's a maniac, sometimes an idiot, but we all tune in to see what craziness he's involved in.

No one is denying his ratings and draw ability. What Conor Haters don't care about is how big of a draw a fighter is or how much money the UFC hauls in on a given card. We watch MMA for the sport not the spectacle.

And Conor made $0 from Bellator...will probably have to pay actually lol.

Ok, and a kitten playing with a ball of yarn got 50 million viewers on Youtube. Well, that was fun.

throw him in the HW tourney to get REAL ratings

Nope, it diminished it. How can professionals be co promoting with someone who is very unprofessional and erratic as Conor has been.

Use your brain brah, IMG WME might be new this but they arnt stupid.

Nope, it diminished it. How can professionals be co promoting with someone who is very unprofessional and erratic as Conor has been.

Use your brain brah, IMG WME might be new this but they arnt stupid.

Um, because he is a fitting protege for for their current front man?

Use your eyes brah

Ur trash.. you ducked @Sonny Qc

War @Sonny Qc

498697.jpg

Um, because he is a fitting protege for for their current front man?

Use your eyes brah
I did use my eyes if your referring to Dana at least the guys passionate for the sport. Conor would only be in it for the money.

Really? How stupid. "OMG GUYS CONOR MCGREGOR IS ON TV! CHANGE THE CHANNEL!!!!!!!!". Anybody who actually gave a shit was watching without even knowing he was there.

Back