Conor-"I thought you about being outboxed early on" "Made you change your gameplan 3 times" LMFAO!!!

And they'll interpret it as a near win where they had the better skills but some universal force caused them to just barely miss the win.

EDIT: They don't realize that universal force is thinking and adjusting throughout a fight because it's something they don't know or recognize.

Belief fighting. It's amazing what he's done with it.
Conor could of won 1/2 a round and nuthuggers will say if he kept fighting like he did for that 1/2 of a round for 12 rounds he'd be victorious lol but never count the 9+ other rounds Floyd kills Conor in. Whatever to fit their narrative and nothing else

The Diaz's come to mind. In their mind they never lost a fight. Who else you got?
As far as the "belief fighting" part with no real game planning involved and just going on pure confidence with no thoughts to adapt/change mid fight, i'd have to throw diego in there i guess.

The Diaz's come to mind. In their mind they never lost a fight. Who else you got?
And later on in his career (as of late) for some inexplicable reason, aldo seems to refuse to change hs game up. And this really baffles me considering all the different tools he possesses......

He owned TBE at distance. TBE couldn't touch him. All facts. He had to fight the way he fought to avoid getting embarrassed ij his own sport. Facts
Novice forever indeed my friend.

I noticed when I started watching more boxing that my eye had gotten lazy watching primarily MMA bouts. I don't know what percentage of ppl sense that gap.

MMA is easily the more effective fighting art if fighting another trained opponent, including a boxer. No doubt in this.

But being a jack of all trades means being a master of none, GENERALLY speaking. And that's fine overall. But when limited to one trade and going up against a master in that one trade, one may find one doesn't have sufficient depth of understanding to know what means what in that trade.

Watching and understanding top MMA guys fight and top boxers fight requires a different level of attention and understanding of sophistication, just because when an athlete focuses solely on one discipline their wrinkles in that game deepen and require deeper eyes to catch or pick out. When that level of depth is not even nearly approached, you get the kind of statement you made above.

Your way is one way of seeing it. That's how Conor's camp sees it. Knowing so little about boxing they can't tell what happened in there. Some people can. Like almost all boxing fans and many MMA fans.

Facts.

A driver ran down a pedestrian as he tried to outpace him instead of getting onto the sidewalk. When they came to the runner's aid he said "For the first 10 seconds, he couldn't catch me. If I could have kept up that speed....."

Can't blame Conor. His head was still scrambled by the ass whooping he got. Probably has mild braindamage now

As far as the "belief fighting" part with no real game planning involved and just going on pure confidence with no thoughts to adapt/change mid fight, i'd have to throw diego in there i guess.
I'd say he's only halfway in there. He has a corner of master gameplanners who do what they can with him but at least they're not as delusional about the fight as he is!

I'd say he's only halfway in there. He has a corner of master gameplanners who do what they can with him but at least they're not as delusional about the fight as he is!
No, im not talking about the delusional part at all. Just the belief fighting. Thats the part of your post that got me thinking.

Novice forever indeed my friend.

I noticed when I started watching more boxing that my eye had gotten lazy watching primarily MMA bouts. I don't know what percentage of ppl sense that gap.

MMA is easily the more effective fighting art if fighting another trained opponent, including a boxer. No doubt in this.

But being a jack of all trades means being a master of none, GENERALLY speaking. And that's fine overall. But when limited to one trade and going up against a master in that one trade, one may find one doesn't have sufficient depth of understanding to know what means what in that trade.

Watching and understanding top MMA guys fight and top boxers fight requires a different level of attention and understanding of sophistication, just because when an athlete focuses solely on one discipline their wrinkles in that game deepen and require deeper eyes to catch or pick out. When that level of depth is not even nearly approached, you get the kind of statement you made above.

Your way is one way of seeing it. That's how Conor's camp sees it. Knowing so little about boxing they can't tell what happened in there. Some people can. Like almost all boxing fans and many MMA fans.

Facts.

A driver ran down a pedestrian as he tried to outpace him instead of getting onto the sidewalk. When they came to the runner's aid he said "For the first 10 seconds, he couldn't catch me. If I could have kept up that speed....."
Akin to crossfit

Yeah, you've fully convinced me. I've given it a bit of thought and even debated friends. He's got a great understanding of key skills like distance, timing, footwork and angles but he's got no ability to THINK ABOUT a fight in order to adjust tactics to match or beat an opponent's tactics. What he goes in with is what he does. Period. He can take a round off (by eating shots mostly) and he can grapple if his knee goes out, but if his offense is not successful, he cannot adjust it.

In fact, I've never heard him actually analyze a fight or have a game plan. His game plan is essentially "They're all the same. It's a whole other ballgame when you get in there with me and their skulls cannot take these shots" - there isn't any true game planning or strategizing going on at all. He just does him. And it usually works. And when it doesn't, his mind and body shut down and just eat shots and look confused and dead as the shots accumulate.

For example, Conor could NEVER be an analyst like Cormier or Cruz or even Stann, because he does not analyze fights. He's a confidence fighter. It's about him and it's about BELIEF - it's not about analyzing anything at all! He envisions shit and believes and makes it happen and if not, he shuts down completely and goes limp.

So he CANNOT understand what happens across the range of a fight because he doesn't even think that far into it. He thinks heavily on application of specific skills in the small frame. But I've never actually seen him express any analysis of any fight at all at any time.

It's actually amazing. This makes him more interesting.

But you've 100% convinced me he has far below average fight IQ. You're right - he couldn't even out-think a guy like Diaz, who is routinely out-thought in the octagon.

Very good points, EL GOAT. You've convinced me.

And this is why I don't think he will age well as a fighter. As his body ages and his reflexes dull and he isn't as fast I'm not sure he will be able to change his style up or adapt.

He did make him change gameplan 3 times tho LUL, Conor with a bit more experience in the squares cricle takes a decision against maywedda

I am now convinced that Conor suffers or should I say, experiences a high levels of grandiose delusion. He is like Charlie Zelenoff except he knows how to fight and so, we have a guy who constantly makes excuses, makes his accomplishment greater than what it actually is while down playing his losses in order to save face or to ignore the truth by twisting it in a manner that favors himself.

Example is what he said regarding this thread, he didn't change Floyds game plan, Floyd went from an outstanding defensive boxer to a very simple straight forward offensive boxer.

Floyd basically became a more mellow version of Antonio Margarito minus the padded hand wraps and volume punching. Just comes forward with no regards...

Charlie z would probably knock his ass out.

Conor wants none of it

Is he fucking serious? How much more delusional can he get?

Since round 1, Floyd was walking forward covering up...Except for like the first minute/seconds where Conor rushed him into the ropes so he just defended.

He goes on to say that Floyd couldn't touch him in the first 3 rounds because he is much better in distance fighting than floyd...Holyshit.

Im hoping for his sakes, he sees that Floyd fought in the most simplest form that he could and he beat his ass.....The guy is truly delusional if he thinks this.

"I thought you about being out boxed" wtf ? I hope for your "sakes" English isn't your first language

Sounding more and more like Ronda by the day.

Instead of owning up and making improvements, they pamper their ego and let the Edmonds of their lives enable them into believing that they did everything right but just got unlucky because of external reasons.

This why Ronda couldn't improve her striking... This is why Conor can't improve his Cardio. Because these things aren't a problem for them according to their narcissistic coaches who would at all costs prevent their fighters from getting any real coaching from experts, because it threatens their position as the control-man in their moneymaker's life.

Yea, that's why Ronda kept working with Edmond... Why Conor had a BJJ guy who awarded someone who can't tie a belt properly a brown belt... why this BJJ guy was in the lead for even Conor's BOXING match.

I heard Conor got out boxed by his own testicles. The left one in particular hits harder than Conor's left hand.

Back