Conor-"I thought you about being outboxed early on" "Made you change your gameplan 3 times" LMFAO!!!

The only thing he analyzed is that he knows he has a gas problem....But in actual fight tactics, I don't think he sees the big picture..He doesn't see that the fight went exactly like Floyd wanted it to.

Like a fighter can easily bait Conor into wasting his energy....He can easily fool Conor and his Corner then attack him when the time is right, because he/his corner can't see the big picture...They see success and they start spamming shots.
And they'll interpret it as a near win where they had the better skills but some universal force caused them to just barely miss the win.

EDIT: They don't realize that universal force is thinking and adjusting throughout a fight because it's something they don't know or recognize.

Belief fighting. It's amazing what he's done with it.

He owned TBE at distance. TBE couldn't touch him. All facts. He had to fight the way he fought to avoid getting embarrassed ij his own sport. Facts

He owned TBE at distance. TBE couldn't touch him. All facts. He had to fight the way he fought to avoid getting embarrassed ij his own sport. Facts
He didn't own Floyd at any point during the fight.

I am now convinced that Conor suffers or should I say, experiences a high levels of grandiose delusion. He is like Charlie Zelenoff except he knows how to fight and so, we have a guy who constantly makes excuses, makes his accomplishment greater than what it actually is while down playing his losses in order to save face or to ignore the truth by twisting it in a manner that favors himself.

Example is what he said regarding this thread, he didn't change Floyds game plan, Floyd went from an outstanding defensive boxer to a very simple straight forward offensive boxer.

Floyd basically became a more mellow version of Antonio Margarito minus the padded hand wraps and volume punching. Just comes forward with no regards...
Hmmm

I am now convinced that Conor suffers or should I say, experiences a high levels of grandiose delusion. He is like Charlie Zelenoff except he knows how to fight and so, we have a guy who constantly makes excuses, makes his accomplishment greater than what it actually is while down playing his losses in order to save face or to ignore the truth by twisting it in a manner that favors himself.

Example is what he said regarding this thread, he didn't change Floyds game plan, Floyd went from an outstanding defensive boxer to a very simple straight forward offensive boxer.

Floyd basically became a more mellow version of Antonio Margarito minus the padded hand wraps and volume punching. Just comes forward with no regards...

This! I've said the same thing before. McGregor Vs Floyd was just like Charlie Zelenoff against some half decent amateur fighter.

Conor was utterly crap.

Hahaha who-who he he
That was a good laugh.
Floyd beat that boys ass
Easy work
TBE Bless

Ps he got stopped by mr brittle fist bitch hands.

Is he fucking serious? How much more delusional can he get?

Since round 1, Floyd was walking forward covering up...Except for like the first minute/seconds where Conor rushed him into the ropes so he just defended.

He goes on to say that Floyd couldn't touch him in the first 3 rounds because he is much better in distance fighting than floyd...Holyshit.

Im hoping for his sakes, he sees that Floyd fought in the most simplest form that he could and he beat his ass.....The guy is truly delusional if he thinks this.

Naw. Conor knows what's up.

He also knows that if he says it, there are a lot of people out of there who are willing to believe it. That's all that matters to him. Not that it's true.

As long as people believe it, he can market it.

Yeah, you've fully convinced me. I've given it a bit of thought and even debated friends. He's got a great understanding of key skills like distance, timing, footwork and angles but he's got no ability to THINK ABOUT a fight in order to adjust tactics to match or beat an opponent's tactics. What he goes in with is what he does. Period. He can take a round off (by eating shots mostly) and he can grapple if his knee goes out, but if his offense is not successful, he cannot adjust it.

In fact, I've never heard him actually analyze a fight or have a game plan. His game plan is essentially "They're all the same. It's a whole other ballgame when you get in there with me and their skulls cannot take these shots" - there isn't any true game planning or strategizing going on at all. He just does him. And it usually works. And when it doesn't, his mind and body shut down and just eat shots and look confused and dead as the shots accumulate.

For example, Conor could NEVER be an analyst like Cormier or Cruz or even Stann, because he does not analyze fights. He's a confidence fighter. It's about him and it's about BELIEF - it's not about analyzing anything at all! He envisions shit and believes and makes it happen and if not, he shuts down completely and goes limp.

So he CANNOT understand what happens across the range of a fight because he doesn't even think that far into it. He thinks heavily on application of specific skills in the small frame. But I've never actually seen him express any analysis of any fight at all at any time.

It's actually amazing. This makes him more interesting.

But you've 100% convinced me he has far below average fight IQ. You're right - he couldn't even out-think a guy like Diaz, who is routinely out-thought in the octagon.

Very good points, EL GOAT. You've convinced me.

Good post.

It's like a lot of the die hard McGregor fans. They can't see the big picture of what actually happened in the fight so they focus on the rounds that McGregor was awarded that were ultimately meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

TBF I think Conor could have won if Floyd didn't start throwing punches.

That's wonderful and all, but TBE has always been respected for his ability to make adjustments based upon what an opponent presents to him.

McGregor had a reach and size advantage and an unknown element given that he was a dangerous guy coming from the UFC. Floyd adjusted, adapted and then proceeded to beat McGregor's brains in. This is what smart fighter's do. Prior to the fight, this is the the IQ stuff Floyd was telling everybody about what his advantage would be against a bigger, younger Connor.

McGregor, with all of his close range martial knowledge of various styles of grappling, clinching and wrestling lacked the IQ use it any of it against a smaller 40 year old with brittle hands.

Gassed

0-0

Mcgregoat

Champ champ

Clean fighter

Knee injury

Can't run

Beat Paulies ass

Conor is boxing

Limited form of fighting

Huge gloves

100 mil

Irish whiskey

Wealth belly

Half a fight

Dance around the ring

In association

Irish

Gassed

0-0

Mcgregoat

Champ champ

Clean fighter

Knee injury

Can't run

Beat Paulies ass

Conor is boxing

Limited form of fighting

Huge gloves

100 mil

Irish whiskey

Wealth belly

Half a fight

Dance around the ring

In association

Irish

Not a bad collection, but you forgot about 17 or so #'s

Good post.

It's like a lot of the die hard McGregor fans. They can't see the big picture of what actually happened in the fight so they focus on the rounds that McGregor was awarded that were ultimately meaningless in the grand scheme of things.
Exactly like that, yes. Exactly.

Whenever he loses it is because of something he did wrong or something he didn't do. As in "i wasnt efficient with my energy" even when he does give kudos its accompanied by a putdown. As in "his composure is very good, oh but he's not that fast, powerful, or skilled." never, not ine time has he said "well i lost to the better fighter tonight." the dude is an arrogant, delusional, disrespectful, assclown.

And they'll interpret it as a near win where they had the better skills but some universal force caused them to just barely miss the win.

EDIT: They don't realize that universal force is thinking and adjusting throughout a fight because it's something they don't know or recognize.

Belief fighting. It's amazing what he's done with it.
Can you think of any other fighters like that?

Back