Conor-"I thought you about being outboxed early on" "Made you change your gameplan 3 times" LMFAO!!!

EL GOAT

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Is he fucking serious? How much more delusional can he get?

Since round 1, Floyd was walking forward covering up...Except for like the first minute/seconds where Conor rushed him into the ropes so he just defended.

He goes on to say that Floyd couldn't touch him in the first 3 rounds because he is much better in distance fighting than floyd...Holyshit.

Im hoping for his sakes, he sees that Floyd fought in the most simplest form that he could and he beat his ass.....The guy is truly delusional if he thinks this.

I am now convinced that Conor suffers or should I say, experiences a high levels of grandiose delusion. He is like Charlie Zelenoff except he knows how to fight and so, we have a guy who constantly makes excuses, makes his accomplishment greater than what it actually is while down playing his losses in order to save face or to ignore the truth by twisting it in a manner that favors himself.

Example is what he said regarding this thread, he didn't change Floyds game plan, Floyd went from an outstanding defensive boxer to a very simple straight forward offensive boxer.

Floyd basically became a more mellow version of Antonio Margarito minus the padded hand wraps and volume punching. Just comes forward with no regards...

I am now convinced that Conor suffers or should I say, experiences a high levels of grandiose delusion. He is like Charlie Zelenoff except he knows how to fight and so, we have a guy who constantly makes excuses, makes his accomplishment greater than what it actually is while down playing his losses in order to save face or to ignore the truth by twisting it in a manner that favors himself.

Example is what he said regarding this thread, he didn't change Floyds game plan, Floyd went from an outstanding defensive boxer to a very simple straight forward offensive boxer.

Floyd basically became a more mellow version of Antonio Margarito minus the padded hand wraps and volume punching. Just comes forward with no regards...

Floyd didn't even really make an effort to cut the ring off, either, something that Margarito always did very well.

Floyd didn't even really make an effort to cut the ring off, either, something that Margarito always did very well.

True, forgot about that. Its a shame about the hand wraps because I had deep admiration for Margarito as a fighter. His cardio was insane, Nick Diaz like, maybe even better!

True, forgot about that. Its a shame about the hand wraps because I had deep admiration for Margarito as a fighter. His cardio was insane, Nick Diaz like, maybe even better!

Handwraps or not he was absurdly tough, and in actual fights, he certainly had to show elite cardio drastically more than Diaz ever had to in his career. Of course, it's hard to dismiss the handwraps as it can be argued that should have put him in prison.

Since round 1, Floyd was walking forward covering up...Except for like the first minute/seconds where Conor rushed him into the ropes so he just defended.

He goes on to say that Floyd couldn't touch him in the first 3 rounds because he is much better in distance fighting than floyd...Holyshit.

Im hoping for his sakes, he sees that Floyd fought in the most simplest form that he could and he beat his ass.....The guy is truly delusional if he thinks this.

He's such an awesome promoter, and no... A lot of the things he spins he obviously doesn't really believe, but what do you expect him to do?
Thank Floyd for not giving his all or taking the fight with utmost seriousness?

Connie gonna Connie, and he does well at that.

"i dont lose the early rounds ever"

- first round loss to artemij sitenkov
- first round loss to joe duffy
- second round loss to nate diaz

He's such an awesome promoter, and no... A lot of the things he spins he obviously doesn't really believe, but what do you expect him to do?
Thank Floyd for not giving his all or taking the fight with utmost seriousness?

Connie gonna Connie, and he does well at that.
That man was full of delusion, that went beyond promo.
He still doesnt realize what happened to him that night.
Heist

I'M pretty sure being humble in defeat means not talking so damn much

There's not much to do about that. Fighters are delusional, in general, and Conor is a very special kind of delusional. When you talk as much shit as he did, you gotta somehow leave with a victory. You can't just accept that your opponent is better than you. No. You just had a bad night, and still did great.

He looks like he's about 60 yrs old.

@mudrubble

Remember we were talking about his fight I.Q? LMFAO.

Yeah, you've fully convinced me. I've given it a bit of thought and even debated friends. He's got a great understanding of key skills like distance, timing, footwork and angles but he's got no ability to THINK ABOUT a fight in order to adjust tactics to match or beat an opponent's tactics. What he goes in with is what he does. Period. He can take a round off (by eating shots mostly) and he can grapple if his knee goes out, but if his offense is not successful, he cannot adjust it.

In fact, I've never heard him actually analyze a fight or have a game plan. His game plan is essentially "They're all the same. It's a whole other ballgame when you get in there with me and their skulls cannot take these shots" - there isn't any true game planning or strategizing going on at all. He just does him. And it usually works. And when it doesn't, his mind and body shut down and just eat shots and look confused and dead as the shots accumulate.

For example, Conor could NEVER be an analyst like Cormier or Cruz or even Stann, because he does not analyze fights. He's a confidence fighter. It's about him and it's about BELIEF - it's not about analyzing anything at all! He envisions shit and believes and makes it happen and if not, he shuts down completely and goes limp.

So he CANNOT understand what happens across the range of a fight because he doesn't even think that far into it. He thinks heavily on application of specific skills in the small frame. But I've never actually seen him express any analysis of any fight at all at any time.

It's actually amazing. This makes him more interesting.

But you've 100% convinced me he has far below average fight IQ. You're right - he couldn't even out-think a guy like Diaz, who is routinely out-thought in the octagon.

Very good points, EL GOAT. You've convinced me.

Yeah, you've fully convinced me. I've given it a bit of thought and even debated friends. He's got a great understanding of key skills like distance, timing, footwork and angles but he's got no ability to THINK ABOUT a fight in order to adjust tactics to match or beat an opponent's tactics. What he goes in with is what he does. Period. He can take a round off (by eating shots mostly) and he can grapple if his knee goes out, but if his offense is not successful, he cannot adjust it.

In fact, I've never heard him actually analyze a fight or have a game plan. His game plan is essentially "They're all the same. It's a whole other ballgame when you get in there with me and their skulls cannot take these shots" - there isn't any true game planning or strategizing going on at all. He just does him. And it usually works. And when it doesn't, his mind and body shut down and just eat shots and look confused and dead as the shots accumulate.

For example, Conor could NEVER be an analyst like Cormier or Cruz or even Stann, because he does not analyze fights. He's a confidence fighter. It's about him and it's about BELIEF - it's not about analyzing anything at all! He envisions shit and believes and makes it happen and if not, he shuts down completely and goes limp.

So he CANNOT understand what happens across the range of a fight because he doesn't even think that far into it. He thinks heavily on application of specific skills in the small frame. But I've never actually seen him express any analysis of any fight at all at any time.

It's actually amazing. This makes him more interesting.

But you've 100% convinced me he has far below average fight IQ. You're right - he couldn't even out-think a guy like Diaz, who is routinely out-thought in the octagon.

Very good points, EL GOAT. You've convinced me.

The only thing he analyzed is that he knows he has a gas problem....But in actual fight tactics, I don't think he sees the big picture..He doesn't see that the fight went exactly like Floyd wanted it to.

Like a fighter can easily bait Conor into wasting his energy....He can easily fool Conor and his Corner then attack him when the time is right, because he/his corner can't see the big picture...They see success and they start spamming shots.

My friend had this to say and it makes sense:

anonymous (non Sherdog) friend said:
Conor had to respond. Makes sense. Too many people out there who need to hear the excuses as to why their idol didn't win. Makes good marketing sense.

His fans barely understand reality, so give them a dose of fantasy and let them keep paying you. It's savvy marketing to a modern audience

Actually...it's not even that savvy come to think of it

It's more practical than anything

Back