Conor haters are hurting the sport

Mayweather said it from day 1, Conor can dish it, but he can't take it. His minions are exactly the same.

They haven't realized yet there will be no mercy for them in the heavies. This is just the beginning.

Last edited:
Conor signed up to fight a guy who is the best in the world at Conor's greatest weakness (wrestling/control). Straight up, that takes tremendous guts.

Now, people are relentlessly shit talking him for losing that fight. What's the lesson for the next fighter? Don't take challenging fights you don't have to, take more tune up fights, etc. That type of shit makes the sport like boxing. Same thing with shit talking Rory for losing to Gegard - don't we as fans want to encourage super fights?

I praise Conor for making that fight happen. I expected Khabib to win and he did. But why does that have to take away from the amazing, gutsy fighter Conor is?
People aren't talking shit about Conor losing the fight. Even when they mention the fight, they're talking about one of two things: all the lame bullshit that Conor did BEFORE the fight (holding up two belts to chase his vanity, never defending, whining about Nate being bigger than he is--when Conor had a bigger size advantage over Jose than Nate did over Conor and generally being a peacock douchebag); or they're talking shit specifically designed to trigger Conor fans...most of whom deserve it for excusing all of McGregor's fuckups and overstating his successes, and generally failing to see that McGregor is human.

Now...explain how it's hurting the sport, as stated in the title?

It's funny. You're acting like Conor fans wouldn't have been just as insufferable. Look at Sherdog when he slept Aldo.

Conor signed up to fight a guy who is the best in the world at Conor's greatest weakness (wrestling/control). Straight up, that takes tremendous guts.

Now, people are relentlessly shit talking him for losing that fight. What's the lesson for the next fighter? Don't take challenging fights you don't have to, take more tune up fights, etc. That type of shit makes the sport like boxing. Same thing with shit talking Rory for losing to Gegard - don't we as fans want to encourage super fights?

I praise Conor for making that fight happen. I expected Khabib to win and he did. But why does that have to take away from the amazing, gutsy fighter Conor is?

I dont see you sucking off anyone else who simply fought the reigning champ and lost, thats all conor did

Most fighters would do anything for a title shot

I dont see you sucking off anyone else who simply fought the reigning champ and lost, thats all conor did

Most fighters would do anything for a title shot

Conor went up in weight and defended his belt as the lineal champion. Something only DC is doing, albeit against Derrick Lewis. Hardly the monster Khabib is..

Last edited:
Too many respond to but I'll restate my point another way.
If you keep roasting fighters who take and lose hard fights, these fighters' managers are going to advocate more and more strongly for fighters not to take tough fights.

It isn't unique to Conor - same applies to Rory and a number of others. I saw BJ mentioned. He was praised for fighting Machida.

I'm not saying Conor doesn't act like a jackass sometimes, and I thought the bus thing was really awful, just saying it like it is and thinking about the incentives we create as fans.

Welcome to Donald Trump's America. Russian trollbots project their own evil onto others. Are there any russian commenters on sherdog that concede any point whatsoever? I think not.

People hate Conor McGregor the character and the intolerable fans he brings with him

I don't think anyone genuinely hates him to the point of not enjoying him fighting

Another mild and uncontroversial pro Conor thread wastelanded while any type of trolling/hating drivel remains up in the main forum which has essentially become a haters circlejerk; the bias of some of the mods is so glaring.

Lets just get to the point here, when Kalabeeb fights out of his comfort zone and fights and in his natural weight class against WW fighters we will see how good he really is and if you think for one second that he has any chance against Woodley your still drunk or some shit like that, Woodley will hand Khabib his first loss I can 100% guarantee you of that fact but I doubt Kalabeeb has the balls to fight men of his own size. Say what you want about Conor killing himself to FW but he manned up and moved to LW with a walk around weight of 170lbs at most. Khabib is nothing more than the LW version of McGregor that kills himself to make the LW limit whilst his walk around weight is closer to 190lbs, GSP, Woodley, Till, Covington and definitely Usman all beat Khabib so lets see if he can replicate what Conor did.... Not a snowballs chance in hell will he.

7Lrz.gif

I've never seen a fan base shit talk so much then have such a thin skin with reversed roles.
So much of this.
Connie fans humiliated and chastised anyone he fought and anybody who were fans of then,mimicking their idol.

And it was the not the usual trash talk we are used to it,was some of the most obnoxious,to say the least ,and borderline hateful stuff we ever saw on sherdog.

We took it.
Now its their time,to take it,but they seem to think its unwarranted?!?

GTFOH.

No Tony. I want to see Danas little boy connie bleed.
I want that matchup more than anything. I'd be ok with Khabib getting stripped if that was the plan. Bloodbath. Full exposure. Decimated on the feet. That would be the end of Conor.

You're not the first to call a psychologist a faux intellectual; in fact, it's partially true.
Well what does “Psych Science” say about self-avowed haters? It sounded like you were dying to drop some knowledge.

I’d love to be illuminated.

My point is Conor didn't need the fight but did it to please the just bleed God. This was a perfect fight for khabib - great chance to win and get paid
It was just as risky for Khabib. That’s the beauty of striker grappler matchups. Not to mention Khabib was risking a belt, but in return got money. You want one side to be praised for the same reason the other side can be praised. But you only want it to flow one direction and will continue a semantic argument why you are so different and right.

Last edited:
Back