Conor has no real punching power

Quit pretending that the old-man that Conor lost to is anything close to the prime Floyd that Canelo faced.

They won't quit pretending that. It's the only thing they can hang on to in order to feel better about the outcome. They need to convince themselves that, even though Floyd is better than Conor, Conor is somehow better than other elite boxers, which makes him great regardless the loss.

Youre not wrong.

Dare i say that all 3 are volume punchers? Mayweathers fight displays that.

Conor fought that fight as if he was the superior boxer... but all in all that fight went as good for Conor as it was always going to so maybe his approach was the right one.

21 wins 18 via KO/TKO

Holder of the fastest KO in UFC championship fight record with a 13 second KO.

Has a 4 second KO, 16 second KO and a 38 second KO.

I would say Conor McGregor has quite a punch on him.

The 13-second KO was a mixture of Aldo's head momentum and Conor's punch momentum. This doubled Conor's power. The same with the 4 second KO. Conclusion : Can not be used to tell if Conor has legitimate power AKA bullshit.

Dave Hill was his only legit one punch KO. The rest are ALL TKO's.

The 13-second KO was a mixture of Aldo's head momentum and Conor's punch momentum. This doubled Conor's power. The same with the 4 second KO. Conclusion : Can not be used to tell if Conor has legitimate power AKA bullshit.

Dave Hill was his only legit one punch KO. The rest are ALL TKO's.

I knew Dave Hill, he was lived locally to me. He was also submitted.

Do you get my point though about the power?

I think you're comparing his power to Anthony Johnson.

He isn't a RPG like AJ but he's a sniper.

I hope that analogy doesn't suck lol

It amazing that people still can't accept reality when it is presented to them right before their eyes.

You are far too psychologically butthurt to talk about this rationally. You were so heavily invested in this, it's like your sole purpose to live for now is that your preferred outcome of the fight is a reality

That punch in the gif doesn't even look like 40% of his full power, you silly goof.

You wanna see Conor missing with his hardest punch:
TotalInfamousFrigatebird.gif

Full swing and weight behind it, there's a world of difference. Against Floyd he was only throwing very short punches without going for a KO. You're out of bounds, boxing fanboys.

His back foot comes off the floor as he throws it and his hip rotates after his shoulder goes through the shot, so there is nowhere near his full weight is behind that punch. That's a crappy, wild, weak arm punch with nothing on it. Even Amir Khan would laugh at that even if it landed flush on his chin.

The punching in MMA, along with defenses and punch resistance, are light years behind boxing which is why McGegror, despite being dangerous with his hands in the octagon, was totally ineffectual in a boxing ring. McGregor may be classed as big puncher in MMA with a high KO/TKO ratio, but by boxing standards his punching power is poor. It's all about levels and if you think otherwise you are deluded.

21 wins 18 via KO/TKO

Holder of the fastest KO in UFC championship fight record with a 13 second KO.

Has a 4 second KO, 16 second KO and a 38 second KO.

I would say Conor McGregor has quite a punch on him.
Boxers are better conditioned. Your criteria is rather simplistic. Mma guys have no ability to slip and absorb punches.

Boxers are better conditioned. Your criteria is rather simplistic. Mma guys have no ability to slip and absorb punches.

I already said the first part of your comment more than once. The second part though is innacurate.

Thats not even funny. Floyd respected canelos power, he walked right thru conor.

Walked through him? In MMA walking through someone is usually over an exchange or too. Half an hour plus of trading isn't considered "walking through" anything.

He has punching power.. in mma gloves. It takes years to have a good amount of power in boxing gloves.

Walked through him? In MMA walking through someone is usually over an exchange or too. Half an hour plus of trading isn't considered "walking through" anything.
Thats not an mma fight idiot.
Walking thru someone is just what floyd did to conor, walk forward no matter what the opponent throws at you.
Conor couldnt hurt floyd and got walked thru.
Easy work.
The bigger man got bullied that night.

Yes that's what I said, sort of. When Floyd does it, I don't think he's actually rocked. But it was certainly a hard shot and Floyd wants to quickly show the opponent that sure it was a good shot, but I'm ok.

The point is that Floyd never shook his head like that with any of Conor's punches. The only reaction I saw from Floyd to any of Conor's punches was a smirk.

But I think there really isn't any need for over analysing. Conor's punching power or lack of it can be summed up very easily. When a fighter walks another fighter down, he obviously does NOT respect his opponent's power. This is an indisputable and well known fact. You simply cannot walk forward on GGG or Canelo or any fighter who can hit very hard. But more than this, Floyd is a defensive fighter and he certainly has never and would never risk getting hurt by walking forward into his opponent's punches if he felt even the slightest threat from his opponent's punching power.

Floyd felt no threat at all after the first couple of rounds where he realised "Shit, this guy isn't holding back or anything. He actually doesn't have any power that represents a threat. There is nothing for me to fear walking forward into this guy's punches. All that talk of his power being so high that he's going to break my guard and get through is crap."
He was walking him down because he wasn't throwing his punches correctly from mid to close range (they were arm punches mostly). And also by that time He was visibly tired. From far out he hit Floyd hard and clean and floyd didn't like it. I JUST rewatched that uppercut, there was no smirk and Floyd clearly didn't like it. Not saying Conor is the biggest puncher on earth but saying he has no punching power is just bitter hater talk. It's unbecoming.

He was walking him down because he wasn't throwing his punches correctly from mid to close range (they were arm punches mostly). And also by that time He was visibly tired. From far out he hit Floyd hard and clean and floyd didn't like it. I JUST rewatched that uppercut, there was no smirk and Floyd clearly didn't like it. Not saying Conor is the biggest puncher on earth but saying he has no punching power is just bitter hater talk. It's unbecoming.
Conor got fucked up from all ranges.
He landed 1 good punch at range, floyd blocked everything else.

It amazing that people still can't accept reality when it is presented to them right before their eyes.

His back foot comes off the floor as he throws it and his hip rotates after his shoulder goes through the shot, so there is nowhere near his full weight is behind that punch. That's a crappy, wild, weak arm punch with nothing on it. Even Amir Khan would laugh at that even if it landed flush on his chin.

The punching in MMA, along with defenses and punch resistance, are light years behind boxing which is why McGegror, despite being dangerous with his hands in the octagon, was totally ineffectual in a boxing ring. McGregor may be classed as big puncher in MMA with a high KO/TKO ratio, but by boxing standards his punching power is poor. It's all about levels and if you think otherwise you are deluded.

Precisely. As I said before, even that wild handbag swing is just a glorified arm punch. There is nothing solid about. Just a lot of wasted energy and bad technique. The guy that posted that is a legit clueless retard that really doesn't know any better. His favourite fight is probably Griffin vs Bonnar.

It's the element of surprise! Conor won't come in like a normal boxer, Floyd won't know how to deal with Conor's amazing movement and MMA distance!

aosECR9.gif

Been saying it for years. His power is the most overrated thing ever. Mayweather didn't even seem phased lol..thank fk Conor wasn't dumb enough to fight a boxer in his prime..Canelo or GGG would bodybag him inside 1 round,

Won $550 off the Mayweather fight lol dumb fans pushing the betting lines.
Conor isn't powerful with short uppercuts and he didn't hand clean really, the shot was slowed by hitting floyd's chest on the way up. Floyd also has an exceptional chin.

Conor has a ton of punching power but only at range with his left overhand and cross.

Back