Conor has achieved his Goals

Mcgregor made it big fucking time. He is by far the most financially successful fighter mma has ever seen. And he is less than 30. Imo i dont see him fighting for some bum Ari money. 7 figures wont do nuttin for him, not enough to compromise his health in the long run.

The only greatness people need to concern themselves with are in the eyes of loved ones.
trre.gif

Dude should just give up the belt and go do his thing. Let Tony have his time as the champ

A big part of the UFC's success is to promote the brand rather than the fighter. A key element of that is making the measure of a fighter's greatness revolve around the UFC belt.

Why is GSP great? Is it because he consistently dominated top fighters for years or because he held and defended the belt so many times? While those two things overlap in GSP's case, they aren't the same. What I like about the UFC's system is that it makes it easier for fans to follow. Following the career paths of dozens of fighters is harder than following the title picture.

What McGregor did was to circumvent the entire system by using the belts as stepping stones to bigger fights and as leverage to force the UFC to give him those bigger fights. It is smart for the fighter, but imo bad for the org and the fans.

One of the reasons I bring this up is because for years i heard many people complain on Sherdog about the UFC's model of promoting the org over the fighter, and the first fighter who beat them at that game and promoted himself over the org is despised for doing so.

Mcgregor made it big fucking time. He is by far the most financially successful fighter mma has ever seen. And he is less than 30. Imo i dont see him fighting for some bum Ari money. 7 figures wont do nuttin for him, not enough to compromise his health in the long run.
Exactly.

Look I'm far from a Conor fan.

I think Diaz should have gotten the win in the rematch. That statement alone makes it clear I'm not a Conor nuthugger.

I can't even hardly post in the heavies anymore. Everyone just seems so dumb.

Acting like a UFC belt has ever meant anything... did you morons just start watching this shit yesterday? It's never meant anything. MMA fans act like the format is better than boxing... It's like 20x worse.

It's monopolized by one organization that also acts as a promotion that controls the rankings and excludes fighters they can't afford.. while the president of the company is one of the wealthest people in the world.

And this asshole has you all convinced Conor is the problem with mma..

Totally half assed

He achieved money and fame as he wanted to, but he's still very far from achieving greatness

o....k.... two belts and 100+ mill in less then 5 years....

I'm sure Conor is wiping his tears with his bills

Exactly.

I think Diaz should have gotten the win in the rematch. That statement alone makes it clear I'm not a Conor nuthugger.

I can't even hardly post in the heavies anymore. Everyone just seems so dumb.

Acting like a UFC belt has ever meant anything... did you morons just start watching this shit yesterday? It's never meant anything. MMA fans act like the format is better than boxing... It's like 20x worse.

It's monopolized by one organization that also acts as a promotion that controls the rankings and excludes fighters they can't afford.. while the president of the company is one of the wealthest people in the world.

And this asshole has you all convinced Conor is the problem with mma..

This is the guy who says he hates the Kardasians and watches every episode so he knows what to bitch about next time he's trying to impress people at his D&D meetings.

I guess the NBA, MLB, and NFL are all monopolies too.

It seems your opinion of the UFC isn't so great, and yet you will continue to watch it. On top of that, you won't enjoy it because obviously the money, fights, and the belts don't matter according to you.

You mentioned dumb people.

What sounds terribly dumb is someone repeatedly doing/watching/following something they can't stand and then proceed to bitch about it in a forum where the majority do like it.

This is the guy who says he hates the Kardasians and watches every episode so he knows what to bitch about next time he's trying to impress people at his D&D meetings.

I guess the NBA, MLB, and NFL are all monopolies too.

It seems your opinion of the UFC isn't so great, and yet you will continue to watch it. On top of that, you won't enjoy it because obviously the money, fights, and the belts don't matter according to you.

You mentioned dumb people.

What sounds terribly dumb is someone repeatedly doing/watching/following something they can't stand and then proceed to bitch about it in a forum where the majority do like it.
I like fights. I don't care who presents the fight.

The UFC has alot of great talent signed so I will watch. Sort of.

I actually rarely watch, posting here is more habit than anything

You right dawg

except the dnd and kardashi0ns shit. :)

LOL. He said he was going to do a lot more than just the quotes you chose to include, but what he says doesn't really matter. He put on some great, entertaining fights when he was motivated to make money. Now, it seems, that motivation is diminishing. Happens to a lot of professional athletes.

Exactly.

same here....he would lose some fights at lw and he has some flaws in his game but that doesnt take away the fact that he has done amazing things and is set for life.

same here....he would lose some fights at lw and he has some flaws in his game but that doesnt take away the fact that he has done amazing things and is set for life.
He throws down and that's what people want to see.

And he talks well, and Ireland.

He's just the total package. The hater posts just make me laugh. get a fucking life

The horse isn't really dead so long as Mcgregor holds a UFC belt and has no defense of it scheduled.
I regard Conor belts void, thus interim champ Tony is the real champ.

It doesnt even matter if they strip him or not. He's so far removed from the ufc. Imagine if he retired and came back 4 years later, like GSP. You're looking at 3M+ ppv buys, easily. He's bigger than the UFC, belt or not.

i think conors new goal is to be part owner of the ufc or have them copromote.

he will probably get it eventually. he is too valuable.

i dont think he is done.

greed is such a shit dream to have lol

Back