Conor has a valid reason for attacking ref | Page 3

Discussion in 'The Wasteland' started by Cooliox, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Jonny Ninja Purple Belt

Jonny Ninja
    No he fought a middle aged, retired fighter who fought about 3 weight classes lower on fight night and has only kod 2 opponents in recent years. There was absolutely zero risk for Connor. Would he fight a guy with power and the sane size like canelo! Would he fck. He is a talented striker but he isn’t the best LW in the world. Losing to Tony ferguson would really hurt connors image and bank balance. I think it’s perfectly reasonable to think that he doesn’t want to fight him. He’s got to fight soon though and only his hardcore fans care about Diaz 3 or Malignaggi in the boxing ring

horc00 likes this.
  2. asharak Purple Belt

asharak
    Conor believed it so much he used it to sell merch a year later.

3. 2GunTommy Black Belt

2GunTommy
    Actually in society today there is far less tolerance for social offenses committed by whites than by non whites.
    It's not even close to being debatable.

Mamou likes this.
  4. UhHuhSure Brown Belt

UhHuhSure
    Dude I was thinking the exact thing.

Cooliox likes this.
  5. horc00 Orange Belt

horc00
    A title contender has nothing to lose while a title-holder has everything to lose. And I actually do think he's scared to lose his titles, because then he will lose his (questionable) GOAT status and his army of nut huggers, and inadvertently diminish his position to bargain with the UFC.

As for the fight with Floyd, it was a win-win situation for him. If he lost (which I believe he knew he would), he would still walk away with a huge paycheck, and still retain his dignity. Him, his nut huggers and the media will state the fact that he's an MMA fighter with a 0 professional boxing record stepping out of his comfort zone to fight the best boxer, and everyone will applaud him for effort. If he puts on a good show, even better. If not, he still walks away loaded.

It was never about being really confident of beating Floyd, but rather hoping to earn Floyd-level money, win-or-lose. And it is for this exact reason I'm pretty sure he wouldn't accept a fight with Pacquiao or any other boxer because they don't bring in the dough.

Cooliox likes this.
  6. glasshouses999 Green Belt

glasshouses999
    It's not brain damage just the result of a guy believing whole heartedly in "the secret"

7. glasshouses999 Green Belt

glasshouses999
    I suppose I disagree because I see him truly believing that he is a god, but he isn't

8. glasshouses999 Green Belt

glasshouses999
    I agree it was a win-win situation for him but I believe he and his team genuinely thought they would win

Lint2 likes this.
  9. BigGing Purple Belt

BigGing
    Pretty sure they could slowly walk forward and throw 50% power punches

be_water546 likes this.
  10. markg171 Silver Belt

markg171
    I literally never said anything about Conor fighting Nate again. Congrats for showing your bias.

11. Pakman Red Belt

Pakman
    Because he is.

Nate is a bottom of the top 10 type of guy.

be_water546 likes this.
  12. BForrester Green Belt

BForrester
    Yeah, this place is a lot more tolerable without reading dumb shit like this. Welcome to the ignore list.

be_water546 and MMA Savant like this.
  13. paynebringer Black Beast Silverback Golden Belt...♠♠♠

paynebringer
    Give the belt to Tony and the Oscar to Conor for acting a fool at a different promotion hoping to pull a suspension but more than likely a hefty fine from whatever body was governing that Bellator event.

Cooliox likes this.
  14. MescalineDreams Black Belt

MescalineDreams
    tony will end up being an easier fight than Nate was. Most people rank Tony top 2-3, so again..

like I said, people will have to re evaluate where they rank the current version of Nate.

I'm sorry but judging fighters based on fights from years ago Is just silly. It's sad to see Nate get underrated so heavily. Especially when he stepped up his game / boxing so heavily ever since that Michael Johnson fight.

15. Jonny Ninja Purple Belt

Jonny Ninja

If he loses his next fight he’s 2 from 5, yet still trying to convince people that he’s a once in a generation fighter. I honestly think ferguson is a nightmare for him because he’ll still be there when Connor lands on him, just as nate did, they guy is fckin nails but he’s far more spiteful than Diaz.

I still can’t believe people are giving Connor credit for stepping in the ring with Floyd? It was a shameless cash grab, daylight robbery, and most of us knew it. I bought it so I could laugh at my mates that put money on mcgregor, and to see him gassed and being walked down by a little old fella from round 4. But I honestly think mcgregor thought he was going to go in there and do the business. As good a fighter as he is he is nowhere near the level he puts himself at. His hardcore fans lap up his nonsense though

be_water546 likes this.
  16. Lint2 Purple Belt

Lint2
    I don't think that way, but if that was the case I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Most of the time ego is a disease, right?

17. ALAN PARTRIDGE BANNNED

ALAN PARTRIDGE
    why's he got a black hand

18. paynebringer Black Beast Silverback Golden Belt...♠♠♠

paynebringer
    And up until he stepped into the ring with Floyd did the reality hit him, that he will not be bouncing this man's head of any canvass when he can't even find the man's head.

[​IMG]

Jonny Ninja likes this.
  19. gunlok Brown Belt

gunlok
    TBH Conor's head look shopped... I am not calling you a liar, but something is not right here

20. cedented Green Belt

cedented
    I don't think he's afraid to fight Tony Ferguson, it's more like he's a afraid to lose to Ferguson. Because people expect him to win against Ferguson not against Mayweather. It will definitely harm his brand if he loses to Ferguson.

Al3s, Jonny Ninja and be_water546 like this.