Conor does have a claim at FW GOAT

Undefeated as UFC FW
Defeated Aldo
Defeated Holloway

Not a Conor fan, but hard to argue he has the credentials at FW

nope he doesnt have 9 title defences and didnt go a 10 years with out losing.

giphy.gif

No title defenses.
Not enough Danny DeVito gifs in this world

Max has looked far more impressive at Fw plus the Aldo fights are way more impressive than a 13 second ko which I don't think would repeat itself.

Conor, Max and Aldo are the greatest FWs ever. I just don't think Conor's top.

I understand that his victory over Aldo is impressive, but let's be honest, we all know it was a hail mary.

Even he knows it, hence why he never wanted to give Aldo a payback chance.

Please don't read it as if Aldo was certainly gonna win, Connor has his chances, Aldo had his (i.e. before he lost his way)

Maybe if we ranked top 3 FW GOATs we would have Aldo 1st, Holloway on the way to the 2nd and Conor on a very lousy 3rd.

I mean, who cares about Aldo defending against subpar competition ...

I'm not even a Conor fan but he certainly has a claim at FW Goat, he was the only guy undefeated, and he faced 3 big names, 4 if you count Poirier ...

Lol. Poirier wasn't even close to being a "big name" when Conor beat him. He was coming off wins against two bum TUF alums. And who were the "2 big names" aside from Aldo?
  • Mendes? Nah, he was one of Aldo's opponents so you already called him "subpar".
  • Max when he wasn't even CLOSE to being a "big name" and was off a loss to Dennis Bermudez? Nah.
  • Denis Siver? Lol.
The irony is I AM a Conor fan. He's my second favourite fighter to watch after Jon Jones. My third is Max Holloway.

That doesn't mean I can't recognize a shite argument against the insanely impressive career of the CLEAR FW GOAT Jose Aldo when I see one.

15-1 all time FW record.

4 KO / 10 TKO / 1 UD

His lone loss over a decade ago.

15 fight win streak.

Undefeated in UFC.

KO’d the then p4p #1 & FW GOAT.

Dominated then, the current champ.

KO’d (then and still) top contenders.

But the hate is strong around here TS.

The truth about McGregor is he's just Mike Brown 2.0. A good fighter exceeding his actual ability by being at the right place at the right time, and if he had stuck around FW, just like Mike, he would have lost after his first couple defenses (to Holloway) and never seriously contended again.

He's just luckier than Mike was, and rode a wave of popularity only tangentially related to his fighting ability to even more undue success.

Even Faber has a better claim to FW GOAT than McGregor does. He's fourth in line at best.
Come on mate, the bitterness is shining through Faber? Really? Conor's certainly not the FW Goat but he's beaten the GOAT, Aldo and depending on if he hangs around long enough GOAT heir apparent Max. Putting Faber up there is just asinine especially if we're talking UFC era, even more so considering the beat down Aldo put on Faber in WEC. McGregor would have killed Faber if they ever fought.

Hahaha idiots arguing semantics. "But he has zero title defence. But but... no he didnt defend."

He beat your boy, and moved on to bigger and better things. Accept the truth. LOL.

He doesnt need to defend shit. He beat both max and aldo, on his way to the top. He doesnt need to stay there, he proved his point and left. But you guys are still harping on semantics. If Aldo or Holloway wants to avenge their losses, easy, move up.

If Khabib had the gonads, he would move up a weight class. No one is going to argue if he is or is not the best LW, because on his way up, he was undefeated. And if he moves up to welterweight and loses, are you going to question his LW efforts and accolades? Of course not.

The division moved on, he's still up there but he's not the greatest any more. He could have ended up being but he went to lw.

Come on mate, the bitterness is shining through Faber? Really? Conor's certainly not the FW Goat but he's beaten the GOAT, Aldo and depending on if he hangs around long enough GOAT heir apparent Max. Putting Faber up there is just asinine especially if we're talking UFC era, even more so considering the beat down Aldo put on Faber in WEC. McGregor would have killed Faber if they ever fought.

Faber was a dominant champion with five title defenses. Get the retard out of your ears and drop the revisionist nonsense. McGregor has two legit top wins in his entire featherweight run. And even one of them has a giant asterisk next to it. His third best win is Poirier, a gatekeeper who lost to every single top 145er put in front of him. I'm not the one who made Conor never defend his title and eventually get stripped, literally, for cowardice. That's on him and you need to just deal with that shit.

Last edited:
Denis Hallman has a claim at WW Goat (Pre GSP) as he beat Matt Hughes twice. Then we all looked at his actual career. Both Max and Aldo have more defenses then Conor. Aldo has more defenses then McGregor has fights in the UFC. Two things eliminate a fighter from GOAT discussion:
1. PEDs
2. ZERO title defenses
Dennis Hallmam is more Duffy, beat atg just 1

Conor beat 3

Conor brings out the emo in SDers. It's useless to try to have a serious discussion about him, TS.

Undefeated as UFC FW
Defeated Aldo
Defeated Holloway

Not a Conor fan, but hard to argue he has the credentials at FW

You gotta love the mind and the tricks it plays ..

definitely not

Very well could've been had he stayed at the division though

Faber was a dominant champion with five title defenses. Get the retard out of your ears and drop the revisionist nonsense. McGregor has two legit top wins in his entire featherweight run. And even one of them has a giant asterisk next to it. His third best win is Poirier, a gatekeeper who lost to every single top 145er put in front of him. I'm not the one who made Conor never defend his title and eventually get stripped, literally, for cowardice. That's on him and you need to just deal with that shit.
Come on man one of those defenses was against Dom Cruz, a great fighter sure, but not a true featherweight. Don't be salty McGregor had a better career. Compare mutual opponents and it's pretty clear Conor is the superior fighter.

Back