Conor can no longer be taken down.

Your obsession over fake wrestling is even wierder than your obsession over nutcase and ocassional shitty burger flipper Jose. If anybody is 13 1/2, it's you.

Lol aww is little Billy getting mad?

Did you outgrow WWE when Your Connie obsession started? Now you're "the man" in your rural South Dakota playground?

Gonna take your ball and go home Billy?

<33>

Did you know that Conor has stuffed 70% of takedowns?
Did you know that RDA has only stuffed 66% of takedowns?
Did you know that Frankie Edgar has only stuffed 65% of takedowns?
Did you know that Benson Henderson has only stuffed 63% of takedowns?
Other notables include: Cerrone 70%, Pettis 61%, Faber 60%, Lamas 48%, Sanchez 49%, Fitch 56%, Big Rigg 62%, Lawler 67%, Condit 39%, Anderson Silva 68%

Conor vs Nate 2 - 1 takedown 6 defences
Conor vs Nate 1 - 1 takedown 0 defences
Conor vs Aldo – 0 takedowns 0 defences
Conor vs Mendes – 4 takedowns 3 defences
Conor vs Siver – 0 takedown 3 defences
Conor vs Poirier – 0 takedowns 0 defences
Conor vs Brandao – 0 takedowns 2 defences (Scored 1/1 takedown)
Conor vs Holloway – 0 takedowns 0 defences (Scored 4/5 takedowns) - Holloway has a TDD of 81% and Conor took him down 80% of the time...with one leg.
Conor vs Brimage – 0 takedowns 0 defences

Conor has ONLY been taken down 4 times total by Mendes (no other UFC fighter), a fighter well known for his wrestling abilities and he defended 3 other takedowns. The other 2 were against an opponent that had 30 pounds on him and 1 was immediately swept, and the other was with a few seconds left in round 5.
Conor has defended 6 takedowns from Nate, 3 from Mendes, 3 from Siver and 2 from Brandao.
Conor has taken down Brandao 1 time and Holloway 4 out of 5 times.

First vs Holloway

Conor injured his knee restricting his movement and putting an end to his normal striking game. Even still Conor managed to score 4 out of 5 takedowns and win by decision without being taken down himself. So a few takeaways from that fight. Conor can take fighters down, though he rarely uses it as part of his normal gameplan. His ground control was good enough to gain the win vs Holloway.

Second vs Mendes

Conor tore his MCL in his knee in the lead up to the fight against Aldo so he did not train TDD. A late of opponent brought in the dangerous wrestler Mendes.

Round 1
Takedown 1 – Conor attacks forward tries a flying knee and Chad grabs leg and takes Conor down, momentarily has control before Conor pops back up.
Takedown 2 – Stuffed...Mendes goes for a double leg against the cage, Conor pushes down and breaks the double leg.
Takedown 3 – Caught Conor flat footed talking to him and did a nice power double sham in the open. One elbow (cut above eye) before Conor slipped out and got up eating one shot as he stands.
Takedown 4 – Conor attacking forward Mendes drops down and double leg takedown. No striking Chad warned 3 times for fingers in the cut.

Round 2
Takedown 5 – Stuffed...Mendes goes for a diving double leg and Conor does big sprawl backwards, Mendes misses.
Takedown 6 – Stuffed
Takedown 7 – Conor attacking forward, missed straight left Mendes ducks and gets double leg. Long sequence of elbows by both. Mendes goes for guillotine and Conor escapes.

All Conor's takedowns were from Conor pressuring forward and inflicting damage leaving himself open to the takedown. Mainly by double leg which Mendes is known to favour.

So what happens if you take Conor down?
What we saw from the Mendes fight:

• Conor remained very calm and generally did not seem stressed or worried about being on his back. He seemed very patient and expended very little energy.
  • Conor attempted to limit Mendes movement to the point that he could not be active and a standup would have to be called by the ref.
  • Conor used vicious elbows repeatedly to crown of Mendes head causing Mendes to sook to Herb and to call the blows illegal (He did not, blows were legal).
Conor waited until Mendes transitioned for a guillotine then exploded out at the correct time to break the attempted submission. (We all know what happened next)...

Third vs Nate 1

Takedown 1 - Nate catches Conor's leg and takes Conor to the ground. Conor immediately sweeps using the expert level X-sweep and finishes the round on top.

Fourth vs Nate 2

Takedown 1 - stuffed
Takedown 2 - stuffed
Takedown 3 - stuffed
Takedown 4 - stuffed
Takedown 5 - stuffed
Takedown 6 - stuffed
Takedown 7 - Nate scores a takedown with a few seconds left on the clock using an excellent trip. Conor clearly gave up the takedown knowing full well he had the fight wrapped up.

An awful lot of takedown attempts by Nate. Did he wrestle at high school? An amazing feat by Conor given the 30-pound weight differential.

The troubling thing is Conor now trains with BJJ world champion and 185 pounder Dillon Danis so he will only improve his TDD. It would have been interesting to see how many takedowns Conor would have blocked with a full camp training for Mendes and all of his cruciate ligaments in full operation.

So. . . What else do you have going on in life? Work? Girlfriend , hobbies , working out, ect

Just wondering .

<6>

El chapo made you look even dumber, if that's possible.

At least great macsby is an intelligent guy to debate with, he's actually challenging. While you... A developmentally challenged kid would run circles you and your convoluted logic.

Jose Aldo: 1 Submission win
Dominick Cruz: 1 Submission win
Anderson Silva: 1 Submission win @33

Deal with it.

Lol aww is little Billy getting mad?

Did you outgrow WWE when Your Connie obsession started? Now you're "the man" in your rural South Dakota playground?

Gonna take your ball and go home Billy?

<33>

You better watch out, the kids at that little south dakota playground you are talking about would dispatch of you in one you little twerp.

So your EXCUSE for everything is:

A) 11 day notice Mendes had a longer camp than Connie in a hyperbolic time chamber

B) 10 day notice (per Connie's words: "Skinn-Fat) Nate Diaz is really a 200lbs lean mean uber-muscular machine who muscled his way to a rear naked choke...

You know the same one that Connie FLOPPED on his belly for because he didn't know how to properly shrimp or keep his chin down? I.e. BEGINNERS BJJ lessons

****TAKE NOTE SHERBROS***

THIS is where the convo gets good because NOW you've painted yourself into a corner... So you're essentially EITHER saying Conor has NO HEART or NO GRAPPLING...

Which is it lad???

ufc-196-diaz-watermarked.gif

A) a mendes that has been doing wrestling since he was 6 = more wrestling than Conor. He had 11 days to prepare for a wrestler. Had a MCL tear so couldn't train take downs or kicks for the last 6 weeks of his camp. Your comprehension abilities astound me.

B) How many days did Conor have to prepare for Nate? 10. How many days did Nate have to prepare for Conor? 10. 10 = 10. What division is Nate in = LW/WW. What division is Conor in = FW.

YOU LOSE!!!

Did you know that Conor has stuffed 70% of takedowns?
Did you know that RDA has only stuffed 66% of takedowns?
Did you know that Frankie Edgar has only stuffed 65% of takedowns?
Did you know that Benson Henderson has only stuffed 63% of takedowns?
Other notables include: Cerrone 70%, Pettis 61%, Faber 60%, Lamas 48%, Sanchez 49%, Fitch 56%, Big Rigg 62%, Lawler 67%, Condit 39%, Anderson Silva 68%

Conor vs Nate 2 - 1 takedown 6 defences
Conor vs Nate 1 - 1 takedown 0 defences
Conor vs Aldo – 0 takedowns 0 defences
Conor vs Mendes – 4 takedowns 3 defences
Conor vs Siver – 0 takedown 3 defences
Conor vs Poirier – 0 takedowns 0 defences
Conor vs Brandao – 0 takedowns 2 defences (Scored 1/1 takedown)
Conor vs Holloway – 0 takedowns 0 defences (Scored 4/5 takedowns) - Holloway has a TDD of 81% and Conor took him down 80% of the time...with one leg.
Conor vs Brimage – 0 takedowns 0 defences

Conor has ONLY been taken down 4 times total by Mendes (no other UFC fighter), a fighter well known for his wrestling abilities and he defended 3 other takedowns. The other 2 were against an opponent that had 30 pounds on him and 1 was immediately swept, and the other was with a few seconds left in round 5.
Conor has defended 6 takedowns from Nate, 3 from Mendes, 3 from Siver and 2 from Brandao.
Conor has taken down Brandao 1 time and Holloway 4 out of 5 times.

First vs Holloway

Conor injured his knee restricting his movement and putting an end to his normal striking game. Even still Conor managed to score 4 out of 5 takedowns and win by decision without being taken down himself. So a few takeaways from that fight. Conor can take fighters down, though he rarely uses it as part of his normal gameplan. His ground control was good enough to gain the win vs Holloway.

Second vs Mendes

Conor tore his MCL in his knee in the lead up to the fight against Aldo so he did not train TDD. A late of opponent brought in the dangerous wrestler Mendes.

Round 1
Takedown 1 – Conor attacks forward tries a flying knee and Chad grabs leg and takes Conor down, momentarily has control before Conor pops back up.
Takedown 2 – Stuffed...Mendes goes for a double leg against the cage, Conor pushes down and breaks the double leg.
Takedown 3 – Caught Conor flat footed talking to him and did a nice power double sham in the open. One elbow (cut above eye) before Conor slipped out and got up eating one shot as he stands.
Takedown 4 – Conor attacking forward Mendes drops down and double leg takedown. No striking Chad warned 3 times for fingers in the cut.

Round 2
Takedown 5 – Stuffed...Mendes goes for a diving double leg and Conor does big sprawl backwards, Mendes misses.
Takedown 6 – Stuffed
Takedown 7 – Conor attacking forward, missed straight left Mendes ducks and gets double leg. Long sequence of elbows by both. Mendes goes for guillotine and Conor escapes.

All Conor's takedowns were from Conor pressuring forward and inflicting damage leaving himself open to the takedown. Mainly by double leg which Mendes is known to favour.

So what happens if you take Conor down?
What we saw from the Mendes fight:

• Conor remained very calm and generally did not seem stressed or worried about being on his back. He seemed very patient and expended very little energy.
  • Conor attempted to limit Mendes movement to the point that he could not be active and a standup would have to be called by the ref.
  • Conor used vicious elbows repeatedly to crown of Mendes head causing Mendes to sook to Herb and to call the blows illegal (He did not, blows were legal).
Conor waited until Mendes transitioned for a guillotine then exploded out at the correct time to break the attempted submission. (We all know what happened next)...

Third vs Nate 1

Takedown 1 - Nate catches Conor's leg and takes Conor to the ground. Conor immediately sweeps using the expert level X-sweep and finishes the round on top.

Fourth vs Nate 2

Takedown 1 - stuffed
Takedown 2 - stuffed
Takedown 3 - stuffed
Takedown 4 - stuffed
Takedown 5 - stuffed
Takedown 6 - stuffed
Takedown 7 - Nate scores a takedown with a few seconds left on the clock using an excellent trip. Conor clearly gave up the takedown knowing full well he had the fight wrapped up.

An awful lot of takedown attempts by Nate. Did he wrestle at high school? An amazing feat by Conor given the 30-pound weight differential.

The troubling thing is Conor now trains with BJJ world champion and 185 pounder Dillon Danis so he will only improve his TDD. It would have been interesting to see how many takedowns Conor would have blocked with a full camp training for Mendes and all of his cruciate ligaments in full operation.
Do you own a Conor McGregor Reebok uniform?

If I'm Mcgregor I'd bring his camp to the states. I know he wants to be home and rep his peeps, I get all that. But if he wants to make real gains in his skill set, he should be in the states IMO
That's a tough one. Some fighters do well being the big fish in a small camp. Others think iron sharpens iron.

I can see both sides. Fergie swears by having a gym that focuses on him. He said it helped him improve and hated being at a big gym. Rockhold and DC swear by the other way. I definitely think he could benefit from bringing in part-timers like Dillon but it's tough. Dillon is young and keen to learn. Most wrestlers are older and moving to a new country for an extended period isn't easy (families, other commitments etc.)

Jose Aldo: 1 Submission win
Dominick Cruz: 1 Submission win
Anderson Silva: 1 Submission win @33

Deal with it.

El chapo made you look even dumber, if that's possible.

At least great macsby is an intelligent guy to debate with, he's actually challenging. While you... A developmentally challenged kid would run circles you and your convoluted logic.

At this point he's arguing with himself. I have no idea why he keeps mentioning the GOATS (always conveniently leaving out GSP) to prove to me that Conor doesn't have holes in his game. He's legit gone full retard. I'm worried about whats going to happen to this guy if he tries to cross the street alone.

So. . . What else do you have going on in life? Work? Girlfriend , hobbies , working out, ect

Just wondering .

<6>

Sherdog is top priority, sir.
Nah he works quite a bit, we have chatted in private discussions about work. But yeah, his dedication to Conrad is unreal
{<shrug}

It's good to see him take his opponent seriously and focus on his weaknesses, that first Nate fight will probably be the making of Conor McGregor as an all rounder but it takes time.

Oh. And Khabib would rape him.
Goldberg -"Khabib takes him down Joe, passing guard right into side control with his c*ck in his mouth."

Rogan - "This is not where Conor wants to be."

Goldberg - "HE TAKES HIS BACK!"

Rogan - "Oh my god..oh my god "

At this point he's arguing with himself. I have no idea why he keeps mentioning the GOATS (always conveniently leaving out GSP) to prove to me that Conor doesn't have holes in his game. He's legit gone full retard. I'm worried about whats going to happen to this guy if he tries to cross the street alone.

I didn't leave out GSP you eijit. You sat there and cried about 10 minutes about Conor quitting via a submission, praising your GSP GOAT, when the same mother fooker tapped out to strikes. Your a bum. It's my job to give back to the poor. That's the only reason this discussion is happening.

Just wondering .

<6>
post-doc in research. girlfriend - check, hobbies - beating up facebook nerds, camping, working out - yes (in the morning before work), run on weekends. Thanks for asking friend.

Do you own a Conor McGregor Reebok uniform?
Nope, but I do have the tiger shirt!

A) a mendes that has been doing wrestling since he was 6 = more wrestling than Conor. He had 11 days to prepare for a wrestler. Had a MCL tear so couldn't train take downs or kicks for the last 6 weeks of his camp. Your comprehension abilities astound me.

B) How many days did Conor have to prepare for Nate? 10. How many days did Nate have to prepare for Conor? 10. 10 = 10. What division is Nate in = LW/WW. What division is Conor in = FW.

YOU LOSE!!!

>#DUCKS the Question

Thanks for trying @The Great Macsby BUT just like your fangirl crush, you have taken the EASY way out.

BRASIL WAND def. @The Great Macsby via Submission on Page 9 of this thread

<{natewhut}>

I didn't leave out GSP you eijit. You sat there and cried about 10 minutes about Conor quitting via a submission, praising your GSP GOAT, when the same mother fooker tapped out to strikes. Your a bum. It's my job to give back to the poor. That's the only reason this discussion is happening.

lmao. God damn you strawman and make up so much shit.. cant tell if you're lying or just legit retarded. Where did I say GSP is the GOAT? My INITIAL point was that Conor CLEARLY has holes in his game. Your rebutal was ZOMG the GOATS also have submission losses!!! K...try and keep up...HOW DOES THE GOATS HAVING SUBMISSION LOSSES PROVE CONOR DOESN'T HAVE HOLES IN HIS GAME?....lol. I'll wait. But I doubt you'll stop deflecting since that's all you've done for 9 pages.

@NotoriousMillions I think squashing these nerds over and over has overloaded the servers down at sherdog HQ. I've been told that we should stop drawing in millions and millions of hits.

Teach+a+man+to+fish+silver+carp+have+become+notorious_aa98c5_5161883.gif

lmao. God damn you strawman and make up so much shit.. cant tell if you're lying or just legit retarded. Where did I say GSP is the GOAT? My INITIAL point was that Conor CLEARLY has holes in his game. Your rebutal was ZOMG the GOATS also have submission losses!!! K...try and keep up...HOW DOES THE GOATS HAVING SUBMISSION LOSSES PROVE CONOR DOESN'T HAVE HOLE IN HIS GAME....lol. I'll wait. But I doubt you'll stop deflecting since that's all you've done for 9 pages.

Everybody has an off night. This isn't boxing where there is a bunch of rules. Conor clearly has credentials at 28 as good as any other fighter in history. That's the facts, and the part you like to leave out when comparing a guy that is relatively new to the sport to people that have had 20 years to pad their resumes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back