conor blind followers

I will humor you TS.

He fought at 145, had a scheduled fight at 155 ( moving up one weight class ), took a short notice fight against someone who could not make LW and hasn't in years so they fought at 170 ( one MORE weight class than originally planned )

Which is why it is a FACT that he moved up two weight classes.

If you fight at FW and your next fight is at WW that is two weight classes.

It's misleading to new fans because it makes Nate look like a WW when he isn't. Two LW's fighting at 170 because they didn't have the time to cut weight like usual.

Iit's only misleading because new fans just don't know much about a lot of the sport. It's perfectly stated though. Only Nate didn't have the time to make 155. Conor did and was planning to fight at 155, but he gave Nate a break when he asked for it to be at a catch weight and said they could just do it at 170.

Nate was not a LW at that particular time, because he could not get down to that weight. I wouldn't call him a WW either though. So it was more like a 155er that didn't cut weight in Conor vs a 160-165 catch weight fighter that didn't cut weight in Nate.

Anyway, at the end of the day, why does it matter?

Iit's only misleading because new fans just don't know much about a lot of the sport. It's perfectly stated though. Only Nate didn't have the time to make 155. Conor did and was planning to fight at 155, but he gave Nate a break when he asked for it to be at a catch weight and said they could just do it at 170.

Nate was not a LW at that particular time, because he could not get down to that weight. I wouldn't call him a WW either though. So it was more like a 155er that didn't cut weight in Conor vs a 160-165 catch weight fighter that didn't cut weight in Nate.

Anyway, at the end of the day, why does it matter?

I don't think Nate asked for that. If I remember correctly negotiations took too long and he literally couldn't make 155.

It only matters to me if I see a Conor fan trying to blow him up with misleading info. Not saying you that you were doing that. That's just when I actually care.

Tee hee.

Nah, there hasn't been threads after numerous UFC events asking if Conor would beat him, him, him, etc.

The McHaterz are the one's who are actually talking about him a lot. They're dying to see him back fighting but just won't admit it to themselves. <{nope}>

Sure I'd like to see him fight again. Doesn't make me a fan.
Why don't you call me when your boy actually has a fight.

For a second I thought this was titled Color blind followers which is so true

I don't think Nate asked for that. If I remember correctly negotiations took too long and he literally couldn't make 155.

It only matters to me if I see a Conor fan trying to blow him up with misleading info. Not saying you that you were doing that. That's just when I actually care.

No offense, bud. But you shouldn't care so much about what other people think or say. And if it's really because they are new fans, than I wouldn't blame them for getting it wrong. Everybody has to learn how stuff works when they are new to it.

o my bad he fought at 170 so he went up 1 weight class thanks for telling me.

now I can sleep at night.
Oh my God......
tenor.gif

o my bad he fought at 170 so he went up 1 weight class thanks for telling me.

now I can sleep at night.
Wow, you're full blown eh...

He fought a LW at WW because the fight didn't get finished in time. The two divisions thing is a dumb joke.
The point/question isn't about the opposition and the fact that the fight was at 170 is exactly that, a fact.
So the two division thing isn't actually a joke, it's more impressive if you consider that the regular lightweight who would normally cut a ton of weight to make lightweight yet didn't have time to so fought at welterweight was fighting a guy who just had to bulk up to fight a lw then on short notice fought at welterweight.
See, if you deviate from facts, then you can twist opinions however to suit your agenda.

No offense, bud. But you shouldn't care so much about what other people think or say. And if it's really because they are new fans, than I wouldn't blame them for getting it wrong. Everybody has to learn how stuff works when they are new to it.

This is Sherdog. Everyone cares what others think and say. We shouldn't. But we do. :)

Wow, you're full blown eh...

The point/question isn't about the opposition and the fact that the fight was at 170 is exactly that, a fact.
So the two division thing isn't actually a joke, it's more impressive if you consider that the regular lightweight who would normally cut a ton of weight to make lightweight yet didn't have time to so fought at welterweight was fighting a guy who just had to bulk up to fight a lw then on short notice fought at welterweight.
See, if you deviate from facts, then you can twist opinions however to suit your agenda.

It's not that impressive. He fought a LW that he handpicked, most likely because that LW was not at all ready to fight. I was wanting him to face Cerrone who just came off an impressive win but sure enough he didn't. To top it off he lost decisively.

It's not that impressive. He fought a LW that he handpicked, most likely because that LW was not at all ready to fight. I was wanting him to face Cerrone who just came off an impressive win but sure enough he didn't. To top it off he lost decisively.
Tbf, he fought above his normal weight class on short notice after the lw.champion that he was meant to fight, pulled out and he fought at 170...
He could have not fought or could have fought a rank 11 for some belt

Whatever he does/did will be critised by the haters but if you compare his career, resume and actions regarding the octagon, it puts his main rival and who divides fans in Khabib - to shame.

You seem a lot more coherent than others on here and I am a big mcg fan but if we look at his career objectively, would you really say its not impressive?
I'd say the fact that anything he has done, the haters criticise and wanted/expected more is a compliment as it shows they even rate him so highly.

Is there a factory which is producing these bitter bums like TS in masse? What's going on? Most of the Conor threads on here are started by his obsessed haters.

Tbf, he fought above his normal weight class on short notice after the lw.champion that he was meant to fight, pulled out and he fought at 170...
He could have not fought or could have fought a rank 11 for some belt

Whatever he does/did will be critised by the haters but if you compare his career, resume and actions regarding the octagon, it puts his main rival and who divides fans in Khabib - to shame.

You seem a lot more coherent than others on here and I am a big mcg fan but if we look at his career objectively, would you really say its not impressive?
I'd say the fact that anything he has done, the haters criticise and wanted/expected more is a compliment as it shows they even rate him so highly.

Oh he was very impressive overall. I don't like him but that doesn't change what he was somehow able to do to Aldo and Alvarez. I mostly get annoyed at so much of the favoritism he has received.

why do every one say he went up 2 weight classes to fight nate diaz.

I had no idea the fight was at middle weight or why both guess came up so less when weighing in.

conor was always going to be fighting rda at 155 and he was going up to do that but had no idea conor was fighting nate at middle weight.
because he fought at feather and went to welter. That's 2 weight classes. Ok so maybe he was up 10lbs from featherweight before moving up another 15. Still....

Oh he was very impressive overall. I don't like him but that doesn't change what he was somehow able to do to Aldo and Alvarez. I mostly get annoyed at so much of the favoritism he has received.
Long story short, the ufc is an absolute shit show and us fans suffer for it.
There were times in his career where favouritism was obvious and it was a shame in a way but at that same time, all the way back in cw, he had been marketing himself and by the time silver came round, he had put himself in a very very advantageous position through self marketing... All be it tiresome and cuntish (his crap is so lame but people love it)
Rhonda similar although being female helped.
Jon Jones has mega favouritism.

But one thing I really can't justify or forgive the ufc for - is making a lw championship fight in 12hrs between a rank 2 and rank 11
That is ridiculous and no other pro organisation would let that happen.
People talk about it being cos of Fergy and Holloway but fact is, the championship belt should have been off the table but cos of their promises to Khabib and what McG had done for the 1.5yrs previous - ufc put themselves in a really stupid position

Let me help you count, TS. He went up 1 weight class to fight RDA and then another 1 to fight Nate. 1 + 1 = 2

nate said he could make 160 so conor said just make it 170 but conor never was going up 2 classes since he was already gone fight at 155

I will humor you TS.

He fought at 145, had a scheduled fight at 155 ( moving up one weight class ), took a short notice fight against someone who could not make LW and hasn't in years so they fought at 170 ( one MORE weight class than originally planned )

Which is why it is a FACT that he moved up two weight classes.

If you fight at FW and your next fight is at WW that is two weight classes.

the fact is conor went up one class to fight nate cause nate couldn't make 170.

Back