Conor be crazy to do rematch right away

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by MurrDawg, Oct 21, 2018.

1. MurrDawg

MurrDawg Green Belt

I’m not sure if anyone else felt as soon as they saw Conor come out in his ring entrance he looked different. I said right there there is a different mentality and thought he would be defeated. Now, after being in there I’m sure he feels he can make adjustments but I see this as a Cody Garbrandt situation. I know the want is there but fighters need that mental edge. He needs a fight to get his confidence back before he meets Khabib again. Gaethje would be a good choice IMO. If he goes right away vs Khabib I see the same result but sooner.

Dark Individual likes this.
  2. Arm Barbarian

Arm Barbarian Steel Belt Platinum Member

I don't see him beating Khabib, period.

I thought he could possibly KO him in this fight if he could keep it standing, but even in that 3rd round, he tagged Khabib flush, several times, and it didn't even phase him.

Khabib has a solid chin and can take Conors best shots. That is bad news for any rematch there.

Reapzz, reciprocate, Congo66 and 9 others like this.
  3. peterparker66

peterparker66 Black Belt

As much as I agree with your post the problem with the highlighted comment is that by that time I'm sure Conors arms were dead from grappling the rest of the fight that he would of lost a lot of power .
    in saying that I still don't see Conor beating Khabib but wouldn't mind seeing another beating after Khabib and Tony fight

4. Typrune Goatley

Typrune Goatley Black Belt

5. Blanqa Blanqua

Blanqa Blanqua Red Belt

He could slip him a roofie

6. franklinstower

franklinstower Brown Belt

Conor cant beat Khabib. Ever.

7. MMA since 1993

MMA since 1993 ____________

Not saying ever, because these things happen in mma. But conor beating khabib in the rematch, will probably not happen.

I think conor needs a different camp that will really push him. But like they say, it's hard to get motivated to train when you're sleeping in silk sheets.

8. Large Hound 77

Large Hound 77 Purple Belt

I'm all over Conor v Gaethje like a fucking rash... that would be fun. AND maybe we finally get Tony v Khabib on the same card...

9. Okajima

Okajima Black Belt

He doesn’t deserve a rematch he got the shit beat out of him.

10. NoSmilez

NoSmilez Black Belt

Before the fight I thought he would lose but do better in a rematch. But the caveat was that rematch shouldn't be immediate so he had some time to shake off the ring rust and train more. After the fight happened, I still believe he would do better but still lose a decision.

11. HelloJapan

HelloJapan Talking loud and saying nothing. Platinum Member

He wants to do it right away because the marketing is all in play, strike while its hot...he doesn't give a fuck about winning, his obtuse "fans" haven't figured that out yet. He's catfishing MMA for personal gain, like some Instagram "model".

Korolla and Teddy Brukshot like this.
  12. Psychedelic

Psychedelic Red Belt

At least his "fans" buy his PPV's and support the product.

True MMA fans® stream the PPV's and complain about everything on the internet. If they actually supported the fighters they have a hard on for, like Tony Ferguson, they would not allow people like Conor to "catfish MMA".

Cheap mudderfuckers.

Teddy Brukshot likes this.
  13. Arqueto176

Arqueto176 Dookie Belt

Conor can't beat Khabib. I see it going even quicker in the rematch.

He'll get taken down, controlled, beat up and look for a way out of there again.

Unless he knocks Khabib out in the first exchange it's over. Khabib ate his shots and didn't seem like he gave a flying fook too, so there's that.

Teddy Brukshot likes this.
  14. Teddy Brukshot

Teddy Brukshot Top Shotta

Conor would regret that rematch by the time his walk to the cage started. It would be all fun and games until that point.

15. Dark Individual

Dark Individual Darkness is my friend

Do you think Conor's ego will ever allow him to be Co main to Khabib's main event status? Or do you think Khabib's ego as a champ now would allow him to be co main to Conor? It will never happen. Besides, Conor will sell on his own and I'd be surprised if Khabib doesn't sell well on his own now after the eagle jump that was seen all over the world. So UFC would wanna cash them out seperately unless they are fighting each other.

16. Congo66

Congo66 Black Belt

I don't think the way Conor looked or his camp or his desire or edge or whatever had anything to do with it.
    Khabib is very good and he's a terrible matchup for Conor, there's just no way for Conor to fix it now.

I don't rate Nate at all but he shows what happens to Conor if Conor can't knock you out and the fight goes past 3 in the 2nd fight. I still thought Conor won but it was much closer than a fight with Nate should ever have been.

Conor doesn't run, he doesn't have a 5 round gas tank and he gasses out hard against Mayweather. Khabib does have a chin so being able to put him away early while still defending take downs seems harder than a lot of people thought it'd be before the fight.

Conor losing doesn't seem to make any difference to brand Conor though and the most money he could make now is against Khabib so that's why it probably happens but the Anderson talk might change things and that's almost a Pride Freakshow fight.

peterparker66 likes this.
  17. Dionysos

Dionysos Brown Belt

I don't think 3rd round after being tagged hard and almost knocked down himself counts as his "best shots".

18. Joshuagilbert91

Joshuagilbert91 "are you fucking mirin' brah?"

I say give Conor a fight or two before the rematch.... get him some wins, get his confidence up and any remaining ring rust worn off. IMO Conor needs a camp completely devoted grappling defense. If Conor can keep the fight standing, then he could win off of his boxing alone. Khabib is a different animal, Conor needs to train differently to beat him (maybe even a different camp)

19. AyDeeDee

AyDeeDee Yellow Card Yellow Card

Conor has never lost a rematch
    <21>

20. TapMachine

TapMachine Pretty Princess

Conor needs to fight Lee before he does the rematch, this way he'll be able to test himself against a less dangerous wrestler with a much softer chin. If Conor can't beat Lee, he has zero chance of beating Khabib.